Be prepared for Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill to have a comeback season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Be prepared for Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill to have a comeback season

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
ryan-tannehill.jpg

After taking a hit to the knee by defensive end Calais Campbell in Week 13 last season, most Dolphins fans thought Tannehill was done with a torn ACL. After putting in backup quarterback Matt Moore as the starter, Miami was not sure if they would get Tannehill back for the season. There was hope that he would return as he only suffered a sprained MCL and ACL but he did return as head coach Adam Gase didn’t want him in unless he was fully recovered.
At 28 years old, Tannehill is going to be looking to lead the Dolphins back to the postseason and advance farther than the wild card round. In 2016, Tannehill put up 2,995 passing yards, 19 touchdowns and 12 interceptions before his season was cut short. If he was given the last couple of games he would have caused more destruction to teams.
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/prepared-dolphins-quarterback-ryan-tannehill-012836820.html

I would use the term "breakout"....not comeback. He was in line to do it last year when he got hurt. This will be his best season by far, IMO, if he can stay healthy. 4200 yards, 30 TD, 12 int. 65% completion rate, among the top 6 in deep passing.

I do like the wording "would have caused more destruction to teams" ... has a nice ring to it.

He's been better pretty much every year he's played and this year their are a ton of circumstances going in his favor with teammates and coaching. I can't help but think Tannehill will make his remaining detractors look dumb this year.

Very much looking forward to this season, we have a real squad now. Finally, only taken my entire life lol.

It's quite amazing how poorly written these articles are. So many spelling errors.

I couldn't be more excited for this team, this year. I was AMPED up on my drive to work today thinking about the season. Thankfully my calendar is full of family events through the end of June so that should keep me some what occupied for awhile but training camp can't get here fast enough.

I am supposed to visit my mom and sister in Tarpon Springs the last week of August but I want to go to the Eagles-Dolphins preseason game so I am thinking I'll push my trip back a week. That way I can go to the all important 3rd preseason game and come to FL the first week of September. That Saturday night September 9th we can drive to Fort Lauderdale and go to the season opener Sunday.

I came down for the season opener in 2014 against New England then went to the Bahamas the next day (planned my honeymoon around that game). I tend to plan a lot of events around the Miami Dolphins. My parents, siblings and cousins have been accustomed to my passion for the Dolphins, my wife is only now starting to comprehend my illness.

Can we just skip the next 3-4 months and head straight for the beginning of football season already? :)

Tannehill is truly set up for success for arguably the first time in his career. He should be able to change his narrative around the league with an all pro caliber season in 2017. Operative word there is should. Can he? Will he? Remains to be seen.

Can we just skip the next 3-4 months and head straight for the beginning of football season already? :)

Im finding formula one a good sunday fix until then, exciting season so far...even better come september when both are on...gonna need another TV in the family room.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Ryan does have a comeback type of season. Because if he does, there's a good chance we're making the playoffs again.

I do like the wording "would have caused more destruction to teams" ... has a nice ring to it.

He's been better pretty much every year he's played and this year their are a ton of circumstances going in his favor with teammates and coaching. I can't help but think Tannehill will make his remaining detractors look dumb this year.

Nah, he won't do that. He hasn't deserved to be in the discussion as one of the best QBs in the league before last season. That's just fact. If he does bust out and improve, he will have done it by improving on his past play. I've been a RT supporter but, the only people that will look dumb are those that said he was garbage from Day 1. I've met many Dolphans that simply say he needed to improve. Has all the tools to be a good one but, ain't there yet. Not sure if you consider those folks "detractors" but, RT won't make anyone look dumb.
That being said, I am looking forward to his best season and him being one of the best in the league.

This has the be his year, or it's time to look elsewhere. It's his 2nd year in this offense. It's his 2nd year with the qb whisperer, as Gase is referred as. We have Improved the only shortcoming a,one the skill positions, TE. It's his 3rd year with this WR corp. He has the support of the running game with pro bowler, 1000 yard rob, Jay Ajayi. He has no excuses if he doesn't take the next step as an NFL qb. His cap # doubles this season, but next season the cap hit if cut is only 4 million in dead space compared to 23 million this season.

I think he has a great year, and he finally shows us why he is a franchise qb. Our offense is really geared up to be great, and Ryan proved he can be very good after the first 5 games last season.

Nah, he won't do that. He hasn't deserved to be in the discussion as one of the best QBs in the league before last season. That's just fact. If he does bust out and improve, he will have done it by improving on his past play. I've been a RT supporter but, the only people that will look dumb are those that said he was garbage from Day 1. I've met many Dolphans that simply say he needed to improve. Has all the tools to be a good one but, ain't there yet. Not sure if you consider those folks "detractors" but, RT won't make anyone look dumb.
That being said, I am looking forward to his best season and him being one of the best in the league.

Big O would look really stupid if Tannehill takes a big step forward this season with all the idiotic things he has said about him over the years (Osweiler lol). Big O is pretty dumb anyways imo, and so are most of his listeners, so IF Tannehill truly breaks out this season I'm sure he will find a way to spin it like lots of other folks to make themselves look smart lol. People don't like being wrong, and Tannehill will make many look stupid this season for claiming he is not a franchise QB, imo of course.

Back
Top Bottom