Bears fandom Flo concern | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bears fandom Flo concern

Valid concern, when you are a prick people don't want to work for you and word spreads. I think he will have to bring in people like he has before that are new and looking for an opportunity. I don't think anyone of prominence will work with him until he dispels that tag....and that will take a couple years.

I dont think he's going to win a chess game against other coaches. If what was put in the playbook mon-sat works, you're prob in great shape....if it doesnt your ****ed, no adjustments will be made. once or twice a game you are gonna scream throw the challenge flag and hes not going to. about every 4-5 games you are gonna be like "WTF are you challenging that, its clear as day"

Khalil Mack will feast and will be Flores best friend. Justin Fields is......to put it nicely....****ed
sea-jumping.gif
Flipper and Friend agree!!!

Lifelong Dolphins/Bears fan here (long story), hope this thread stays in this forum...

While myself and others are excited by the prospect of Flores coming to the Bears, many are expressing deep concerns over his lack of ability to get a staff in order, and how he couldn't deal with Tua and wanted to go after Watson...

I'm not sure how to respond to those criticisms.
They are valid criticisms. His staff hiring leaves much to be desired, and even those he does hire he doesn’t seem to keep very long.

What Chicago is potentially getting is a coach who wanted to call a time out during an officials booth review of a catch called complete on the field.

Leaving us with either;

A) He wasn’t aware that if it was reversed from a catch to incomplete that the clock would stop.

B) He couldn’t get an either or play called in the 3 minutes it took for the review to come back.

Good luck Chicago.

My 28 year old son is a diehard Bears fan (I know it shows my shortcomings as a parent) and he is not at all on board with Flores as their HC. Maybe he has heard me screaming at the TV when he stops over and I am watching the Dolphins games. He is actually hoping that their division rival Vikings pick him up.

If he can align himself with a strong OC and the OC can bring in good offensive staff then you will be fine. He's really good on the defensive side of the ball and is aggressive. The offense is conservative and plays not to lose. If he can bring in a good OC and gives the OC free reign that would be the most ideal scenario.
I would add if the team had an established QB it would be fine, he's not the type to groom a rookie QB as we all witnessed.

Minor detail….Billy Turner has been gone for a long time.

Agree on most other points.
Plus we cut him in 2016, didn't trade him.

Ravens picked him up off the scrap heap, then cut him three days later.

Then the Broncos picked him up off the scrap heap where he played in parts of three seasons.

Packers signed him in 2019. Mostly back up OL. Had to step in for Bakhtiari vs. the Bucs in the playoffs and did not play well (iirc) in the loss.

Played RT there this season.

As a first time head coach, Flores was still learning on the job from what I saw. He obviously was well liked by some of his players and not so well liked by other players but that is probably the case on every football team.

He was hired by Grier three years ago and they seemed to have a good working relationship in the beginning but that changed and the reason Ross gave for firing him was his strained relationship with members of the organization.

As a coach he didn’t always have his team prepared to play, especially early in the season but his players did play hard in most games. His game day decisions were sometimes questionable but overall they weren’t terrible considering his limited time as a head coach.

The biggest issue I would have with hiring him if I was a Bears fan is how terrible he was at hiring offensive coaches. Especially offensive coordinators and offensive line coaches. He hired 4 OC’s and 4 offensive line coaches before his third year even started and none of them were great hires, IMO.

Also with the Bears having a young QB they want to develop. I would be concerned with Flores being able to hire a QB coach or a OC who is able to develop Fields.

He is a good defensive coach, so I don’t see that hiring him would been an issue on the defensive side of the ball.

Overall he is a decent HC but I see him more as a coach I would rather have as my DC than as my head coach but maybe that’s just me.

I dont think he's going to win a chess game against other coaches. If what was put in the playbook mon-sat works, you're prob in great shape....if it doesnt your ****ed, no adjustments will be made. once or twice a game you are gonna scream throw the challenge flag and hes not going to. about every 4-5 games you are gonna be like "WTF are you challenging that, its clear as day"

Khalil Mack will feast and will be Flores best friend. Justin Fields is......to put it nicely....****ed
Fields sucks anyway.

I had two major concerns with him:

1) Why does nobody of NFL coaching caliber want to work with him?

2) Why does he continue to waste timeouts or make challenges in dumb situations. This is year three, he isn't a rookie anymore which makes me wonder if he has a 'feel' for the flow of the game which good coaches need. Can he learn?

Don’t worry about it because he’s probably going to go to Houston and shack up with his sexual deviate QB.

Back
Top Bottom