belicheat out foxed himself again | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

belicheat out foxed himself again

i wouldnt say it was. you have a good qb that can take the ball up and down the field. just glad it ended the way it did. i would say it was dumb on bradshaws part. should have stoped on the one

i wouldnt say it was. you have a good qb that can take the ball up and down the field. just glad it ended the way it did. i would say it was dumb on bradshaws part. should have stoped on the one
would have been much easier to get a fg than go the distance even with no timeouts, if they stopped ny.
cant blame bradshaw that was a split second decision.

haha, yeah, horrible call.. keep telling yourself that. I bet you were one of the ones who railed Sporano for not doing what Belicheck did vs the Cowboys on thanksgiving. Thank god the patriots lost although i do love GRONK.

Not dumb at all. I have no idea why teams don't do it more often. New England had a choice. Let the Giants run the clock down and kick the winning FG with no time left, or get the ball back with a whole minute left and a timeout and actually have a chance. The only dumb move on that play was Ahmad Bradshaw actually scoring. I was screaming at my TV for the Phins to do the exact same thing on Thanksgiving.

Glad it all turned out the way it did though.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Patriots should have done that on 1st & goal and saved the TO

If the Giants had just taken knees and kicked the FG then NE would have had about 15 seconds left so letting them score was the right call

As much as I hate Beli......he had the gut and football intelligent to make the call and it was the right call.
Sparano would not have know what to do and would leave the offense no time to come back.

would have been much easier to get a fg than go the distance even with no timeouts, if they stopped ny.
cant blame bradshaw that was a split second decision.
they couldnt stop them... they had a minute left with 1st and goal... all the giants had to do was run the clock down and kick a game winnng FG as time expired.. it WAS the right call, but they did it just a little too late

Actually it was a really good call. The Giants were going to run the clock all the way down and kick the FG anyway. So you might as well let them score and give Brady a chance. The big problem for NE is that their entire passing game is just built to exploit the rules - e.g. dink and dunk , and they have no downfield threats anymore, so they were always going to be up against it. Great season, great game, great result!

Back
Top Bottom