Belichick + Philbin both preparing their team 4 a playoff type atmosphere Sunday. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Belichick + Philbin both preparing their team 4 a playoff type atmosphere Sunday.

Phindog

Active Roster
Reaction score
The silence is deafening from both teams ...I can hear it.

Philbin realizes we have a small shot at the playoff's and this is a great test for Miami late in the year against against the best in our division.

Belichick knows he can knock Miami out with a win and win the division at the same time.They know that they got the division but they are also battling for the second seed in the playoffs and a loss will hurt them and and all teams love playing at home in the playoffs.

The Game

Sorry folks this game has shootout written all over it. I'm not saying this is what Miami wants but its what New England does want. Belichick is no dummy.He does not want a defensive low scoring game going into the mid 3rd quarter,it favors Miami.The pats arent really putting up much points in the fourth quarter either.

Miami is stout against the run, New England is also.Pats know they need to put up points and take the lead figuring we cant keep up and Belichick figures Tanny loses the duel of QB's.Yeah on both teams the special teams is a bonus and turnovers by either side will be huge.

Miami wants to run the ball and control the clock and game.

Pats want a shootout!

Its cool knowing we are going into the 13 game with a small shot at the playoffs.

I think our best chance to beat Brady is to knock the **** out of him at every opportunity. We are going to give up some plays, but this is the method that has worked more than any other.

We've got to Brady before,it really does come down to how much pressure we can get on him.No pressure and we are in trouble.We dont need to get alot of sacks but we do need to disrupt him and its no different than any other QB,problem is this isnt any other QB ...its Tom Brady.

Gotta get pressure on Brady. 4 or 5 man rushes have to do it.

NE has a really good run defense. It's going to be all on Tannehill to get the ball deep.

Fins have their QB of the future playing against the Pats and their QB of the past. The changing of the guard will not be this week, but it is in fact coming.

we shall see what will happen it will help us considering that there best offensive player other then Brady is injured.

i just dont like the opposite side of Wake on the dline we dont give much pressure and its pretty obvious odrick is playing out of position

Things in our favor leading up to this game.

1)Prior to the seahawk game we got 2 ugly loses out of our system

2)D Thomas looks like he is finally breaking out of his shell and he knows it which should help Reggie also.

3)Tannyehill finally scrambled out of the pocket on a couple plays and got first downs on both of them.The first one looked like it was more out of desperation the second one looked like he saw the db's and safties loading up left side of feild which is what our offense dictated and he took off right side.

Wish his slide was a little better though.Looked like he got his cleet caught a little.

Well by now Belichick and Brady are somewhat prepared for our corner blitzes.I'm sure we'll get a few licks on Brady from the corners but the D line needs to get the majority along with some backer blitzes..Brady can get flustered but its easier said then done.

I also noticed we had some nice run blitzes that pressured Russel Wilson last week but his mobility saved him on a few.Brady isnt so nible.

I think our best chance to beat Brady is to knock the **** out of him at every opportunity. We are going to give up some plays, but this is the method that has worked more than any other.
I agree, and I DON'T see why we need to wait til the games starts. I say get him coming out of the tunnel. Ship some Snowplows down to S. FL and have them waiting on his a$$ as he comes on to the field. I say we run over him a few times with a snowplow before the game to make up for that snowplow game up there so many years ago.

:hi5:

Hot sauce on his corn flakes might do the trick!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not necessarily confident but I'm hopeful.. Lets go fins! Tannehills chance to set the tone for years to come!

I agree. It will be a shootout. I think the Patriots will attack our defense with their passing game early on, try to build a nice lead, and then run Ridley at us to shorten the game.
We will have to run the 5 receiver sets(we saw a glimpse of that against Seattle) empty back field formation....a lot....and pass our way to a victory. It sounds unlikely with our group of receivers. Getting to Brady and sacking him is critical. It disrupts their timing and will force them into a more balanced attack which plays more to our strength - run defense. RT will have to have a huge game.

We need to get our mojo back and re stake our historic claim to AFCE dominance. This game could be historic (I am hoping) LOL
Hopefully the sprinklers will get turned on again and Brady's hair gets so wet he will have to go back to the locker room for a blow dry.

Back
Top Bottom