Bernard Hopkins v. Jermain Taylor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bernard Hopkins v. Jermain Taylor

Martel

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
For all the marbles at 160lb (middleweight). I'm really excited about this fight on Saturday. Hopkins has 20 straight defenses. "Bad Intentions" is the young undefeated hot shot who appears to be the heir to the throne. I can't wait. Taylor is my favorite boxer going. He may have taken this fight a little early though as Hopkins has so much experience and not alot of hard fight mileage on his 41 year old body. I should ****ing be there!! Anyway I know some of you guys are going to see this and are as pumped as I am.

My heart says Taylor by 5th rd KO!!

My brain says X by UD :(

Thoughts before the fight??

PS- Kasim Ouma, who was being widely regarded as possibly the next star at 154 (jr. middleweight) got his *** handed to him last night. Some of you may have caught the "Real Sports" piece about Ouma. He was kidnapped by a rebel army in his native Uganda when he was 6, and forced to commit so pretty unspeakable acts. He lost his IBF jr. middleweight title to Roman Karmazin, who looked great.

Martel said:
For all the marbles at 160lb (middleweight). I'm really excited about this fight on Saturday. Hopkins has 20 straight defenses. "Bad Intentions" is the young undefeated hot shot who appears to be the heir to the throne. I can't wait. Taylor is my favorite boxer going. He may have taken this fight a little early though as Hopkins has so much experience and not alot of hard fight mileage on his 41 year old body. I should ****ing be there!! Anyway I know some of you guys are going to see this and are as pumped as I am.

My heart says Taylor by 5th rd KO!!

My brain says X by UD :(

Thoughts before the fight??
I'm going with the experience.... Hopskins by the 7th TKO!!!

If it goes to score cards in a close fight, Hopkins will win. IMO, Taylor needs to knock Hopkins out (or down a lot) in order to win.

Should be fun, I'll be rooting for Hopkins.

There's only one way Taylor can win...Knockout. If this is a long fight, u know Bernard is making Taylor fight his fight and it's going to be a long, boring night. My prediction is Unanimous Decision for Hopkins. I don't think Taylor can handle Bernard!

Taylor in a tough, but decisive decision (7-5). Despite what everyone says, Taylor won’t be relying on just his jab. Taylor will mix in right hands, body shots, and uppercuts effectively. Hopkins will feels his age, and his usual slow start will cost him this time. Hopkins will get in his shots as well, because Taylor is fairly mediocre defensively. In the end, Taylor will be the aggressor and land the cleaner, harder punches.

And then we’ll hear the “Hop was old/shot/past his prime†excuses to try to diminish Taylor‘s victory.

Not sure who will win, but you know I'll be watching. :wink:

Man I wish I didn't buy that Gatti fight... 50 bucks for 6 rounds of Gatti getting hit in the face. The undercard is better in this fight too.

The Press conference was a heated affair yesterday. For you boxing fans, subscribe to maxboxing.com (5 bucks a month). Tonight is either going to be a young boxer doing the unimaginable or Bernard Hopkins laying another young pup to sleep. I can't wait!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
The Press conference was a heated affair yesterday. For you boxing fans, subscribe to maxboxing.com (5 bucks a month). Tonight is either going to be a young boxer doing the unimaginable or Bernard Hopkins laying another young pup to sleep. I can't wait!

Taylor doing the unimaginable? How so? Hopkins is 41 and clearly is losing his ability as an elite boxer. He's still great, but he doesn't have much left in him. A win by Taylor wouldn't shock the world. More unimaginable would be Hopkins winning, IMO. His streak is incredible, but it has to end.

Hostile7 said:
Taylor doing the unimaginable? How so? Hopkins is 41 and clearly is losing his ability as an elite boxer. He's still great, but he doesn't have much left in him. A win by Taylor wouldn't shock the world. More unimaginable would be Hopkins winning, IMO. His streak is incredible, but it has to end.

Does'nt have much left in him?
Okay we shall see.

Den54 said:
Does'nt have much left in him?
Okay we shall see.
I love Hopkins, but be realistic. He's in his 40's and has faught a lot of tough fighters. It has to end, and Taylor has ability to be devasting.

I hope he wins, but how much more does he have left in the tank? It can't be much.

Hostile7 said:
I love Hopkins, but be realistic. He's in his 40's and has faught a lot of tough fighters. It has to end, and Taylor has ability to be devasting.

I hope he wins, but how much more does he have left in the tank? It can't be much.

Well you say he's in 40's like he's in his mid 40's or beyond.
He's 41 and does'nt have the mileage that your average fighter the same age has. I'm just saying that I don't question his conditioning, heart or state of mind. If Taylor hurts him I see Hopkins becoming even more dangerous imo.
Was'nt George Foreman about the same age when he one the Heavyweight belt?

Back
Top Bottom