Bernard Hopkins v. Jermain Taylor | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bernard Hopkins v. Jermain Taylor

Hostile7 said:
I love Hopkins, but be realistic. He's in his 40's and has faught a lot of tough fighters. It has to end, and Taylor has ability to be devasting.

I hope he wins, but how much more does he have left in the tank? It can't be much.

Hopkins has fought a lot of tough fighters, yes. But he hasn't been hit a whole lot. Hopkins is one of the best defensive fighters in the sport. The only times Hopkins seems to get hurt is via foul or referee interference.

It has to end, yes. But it can end with retirement.

Also, Hopkins is 40. 1/15/65

In regards to my last post.

Hopkins was bodyslammed in a few years ago, dislocating his shoulder. Hopkins chose to keep fighting instead of winning by DQ. He roughed the dude up and TKO'd him in the 10th.

In '98, Mills Lane accidentally shoved X out of the ring, resulting in the no contest.

Den54 said:
Well you say he's in 40's like he's in his mid 40's or beyond.
He's 41 and does'nt have the mileage that your average fighter the same age has. I'm just saying that I don't question his conditioning, heart or state of mind. If Taylor hurts him I see Hopkins becoming even more dangerous imo.
Was'nt George Foreman about the same age when he one the Heavyweight belt?

I think Foreman was 45.

Why was Forrest so early on the card? Montiel, then McCullough, then Forrest is how it shoulda been.

Lots of nastiness in this week leading up to this fight. Fascinating hearing this stuff.

Hopkins vs. Emanual Steward
Hopkins vs. Larry Merchant
Hopkins vs. Davela (sp)
Hopkins vs. Taylor

Good to see Richard Steele again.

Chavez-Meldrick Taylor I was about the just about the end of him.

This fight should be excellent.

Muck said:
Lots of nastiness in this week leading up to this fight. Fascinating hearing this stuff.

Hopkins vs. Emanual Steward
Hopkins vs. Larry Merchant
Hopkins vs. Davela (sp)
Hopkins vs. Taylor

Thats Bernard, hate em or love em. I think its DiBella too.

Will be interesting to see if Merchant interviews Hopkins should he win the fight. And if so, will Larry go after him like he tends to do.

The fighters combined to throw 260 punches in the 1st round alone.

Great action thru 3. I got it 2-1 for McCollough. First round coulda gone either way.

Unbelievable action in Round 4. Larios is bleeding badly. Two cuts. one from a punch, one from a butt.

I gave that one to Larios on bigger, cleaner shots.

They've already thrown over 1000 punches.

McCollough threw 170 punches in Round 4. :eek:

Larios taking control now. Landing the bigger shots. McCollough has slowed down. But he's still entertaining, inviting Larios to take his best shots. So Larios is going at the body now.

Back
Top Bottom