Best Conference in the Nation! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Conference in the Nation!

papafin said:
Blind homerism at its finest. I agree that the Big 10 is top 2 in football, but when you include the other sports, they aren't close. The Pac 10 wins more titles than anyone in the obscure sports. The Big XII and ACC beat the Big 10's arse in major sports other than football. You have football, be happy with that.

Oh ya, I hear ya. Not like you and yours. Did you even look at the past champions? I looked. Yup, LSU dominates womens track, USC does in mens. That not new. SEC owns golf. Stuff like Lacrosse and skiing belong to small time programs. But, the thing that is funny, the Big 10 wins alot of individual stuff, just not team wise. But, they are still individual champions.

So many obscure sports, but we still do our part. Big 10 is strong and kickin. I see alot more OSU and Michigan and Indiana and Penn St. and Illinois across the board on championships in the last 10 years, then I see from any other conference.

Nough said.

Um ya, and your point is? That goes clear back to 1920 and further. Whoopie. Im talking in the modern age. LOL.

www.ncaasports.com/

If you go through this link, and look at the recent age, like last 20-30 years. Its a far more relevant picture. You got the past to bolster your claim. But, you fail to point out the time and age when sports have come into their own, and all races and sex are included.

Like I said before, there are highlights for the SEC, but the Big 10 owns you.

If you go through this link, and look at the recent age, like last 20-30 years. Its a far more relevant picture.

Okay, I did. Apparently you didn't. You aren't gonna like this, but here goes.

I only did mens sports because it was very time consuming. If you want to do the research for the women, be my guest.

NCAA Champions Over the last 30 years:

Cross Country
Sec 11
Pac 5
B12 4
B10 3

Fencing (only goes back to 1990)
B10 9

Golf
B12 9
Pac 6
Sec 3
Acc 2
B10 2

Gymnastics
B12 13
B10 8
Pac 8

Hockey
B10 9

Lacrosse
Ivy 14
BE 9
Acc 6
B10 0

Rifle
BE 13
B10 0

Skiing
B12 9
B10 0

Soccer
Acc 9
B10 8
Pac 4

Swimming and Diving (only goes to1998
Sec 3
B12 3
Pac 1
B10 0

Indoor Track
Sec 20
B10 0

Outdoor Track
Sec 14
Pac 7
B10 0

Volleyball
Pac 19
B10 1

Water Polo
Pac 22
B10 0

Wrestling
B10 21
B12 6

Not a bad showing for the B10 in wrestling, hockey, and fencing. They get absolutely Owned everywhere else.

but the Big 10 owns you.

owns ME? Nice try.

yay Big 12 leads three sports and is in teh top 4 in 5 overall. I didnt expect the big 12 to beat the Big 10 in wrestling, tehy r a bunch of montsers in that sport :eek:

Ya, I did. But, when you put up all those 0 for the Big 10, wheres the ACC results? Oh, those are zero's too. Thats what I thought. Golf, like I said. Track, like I said. LSU womens, Mens USC. Been that way for a long long time. Skiing, rifling small schools. WP is pepperdine and UCLA, been that way for a long time.

I would do the womens, but I aint worried about it. I already know. It's for others who care to know to check. I would go out, and put your ACC results up for all the ones you didnt account for, but chose to give the Big 10 a 0 in, but, I'll let you act like that makes you better.

LithoMan said:
So many obscure sports, but we still do our part. Big 10 is strong and kickin. I see alot more OSU and Michigan and Indiana and Penn St. and Illinois across the board on championships in the last 10 years, then I see from any other conference.
Nough said.

The ONLY time I will probably ever agree with Litho.

I would do the womens, but I aint worried about it. I already know. It's for others who care to know to check. I would go out, and put your ACC results up for all the ones you didnt account for, but chose to give the Big 10 a 0 in, but, I'll let you act like that makes you better.

Nope, I never praised the ACC in the small sports. In fact, I clearly stated the Pac 10 was tops, easily. YOU were singing the praises of the B10 without knowing the facts. I've proven you wrong, again. Sorry to burst your bubble, but just try to be objective. Never mind, I know that is far to much to ask.

Conferences are what they are. Personally I could care less about swimming, volleyball, etc. , but they are sports sanctioned by the NCAA. The B10 just doesn't stack up overall. I put the B10 "0's" in there for you, because you were running hype for the B10.

The only time I've mentioned my conference, the ACC, as the best was in Basketball. Truth be told, I think the Big East is probably just as good as us now. See, I have no problems giving props where they are due. You have problems giving props to anyone other than the B10/OSU.

Track, like I said. LSU womens, Mens USC.

Again, this is why I believe you don't even look at the facts. USC does NOT dominate men's track. That distinction goes to Arkansas. So, it's really NOT "like you said".

Back
Top Bottom