Best Conference in the Nation! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Conference in the Nation!

I would also like to point out that OU has been the most consistent team in 5 years cause they have been to more BCS bowls than any team since 2000...

Nope. UM has been to just as many.
;)

BTW, my conference rankings right now would look like this:

1. SEC
2. Big X
3. ACC
4. Pac 10
4T. Big XII
6. Big East

So what ur tellin me is u hate the Big 12 is that it cause there r more teams with big bowl potential in the big 12 than the pac-10, also more top 25 teams. Thank God ur stupidity didnt put teh Big East ahead of the Big 12. :shakeno:

papafin said:
Nope. UM has been to just as many.
;)

BTW, my conference rankings right now would look like this:

1. SEC
2. Big X
3. ACC
4. Pac 10
4T. Big XII
6. Big East

oops lol yea they went ot the Sugar Bowl in 200 when OU won it all, but they have been slippin the past couple of years, but they will bouce back i mean cmon its Miami :)

So what ur tellin me is u hate the Big 12 is that it cause there r more teams with big bowl potential in the big 12 than the pac-10, also more top 25 teams. Thank God ur stupidity didnt put teh Big East ahead of the Big 12.

Stupidity? Perhaps it's objectivity. I have the Big XII and Pac 10 tied, I think they're very comparable. Heavyweights at the top, and junk from there down. I don't feel like doing the research for last year, but I know for a fact that the Big XII has an abysmal bowl record over the last three years. As for big (BCS) bowls, I believe the Big XII is 3-5 since 2000. All three wins were courtesy of OU and Texas. Colorado, Nebraska, and Kansas St. have managed to get drilled in 3 BCS bowls. I think you know where the other two losses came from.

BTW, I am not knocking OU at all. I am actually a Cane fan living in Oklahoma City. I hate OU, but that's because they're great. Their conference, on the other hand, not so much.

The great debate is certainly between the ACC, Big 10, & SEC.

I'd go Big 10, SEC, then ACC. All of the ACC's top teams have new QBs; Miami, Virginia Tech, Florida St, Boston College, & Maryland.

true the ACC has rebuilding to do in the next couple of years, itll still be a struggle between Miami and Va Tech.

PAC-10 Baby!!!!!! ASU gonna win it...sorry USC. :lol:

Its either the SEC or Big 10. Nothing wrong with Texas or Oklahoma, but to say that the whole Big 12 is wicked, it aint happening.

ACC has definately improved. I give Miami U alot of credit for finally stepping it up, and joining a real conference. Now, FSU dont look so bad ***, now that they aren't all by themselves.

Pac 10 is a flat out joke. USC is it. And, ooooo, they play one tough game all year, in the Championship. Wooo, they got to fight to get to that championship!

I challenge any team, to play the other rival in their conference ever year, at the end, when it matters the most. Just like my Buckeyes do. Their last game every single year is against Michigan. That is a bowl game in itself. Does Miami, USC, Oklahoma do that? They always play their toughest rival early, so if they lose, they can get back into the mix.

LithoMan said:
Its either the SEC or Big 10. Nothing wrong with Texas or Oklahoma, but to say that the whole Big 12 is wicked, it aint happening.

ACC has definately improved. I give Miami U alot of credit for finally stepping it up, and joining a real conference. Now, FSU dont look so bad ***, now that they aren't all by themselves.

Pac 10 is a flat out joke. USC is it. And, ooooo, they play one tough game all year, in the Championship. Wooo, they got to fight to get to that championship!

I challenge any team, to play the other rival in their conference ever year, at the end, when it matters the most. Just like my Buckeyes do. Their last game every single year is against Michigan. That is a bowl game in itself. Does Miami, USC, Oklahoma do that? They always play their toughest rival early, so if they lose, they can get back into the mix.

I think u made the most intelligent ACC analysis in this thread. Dont forget the Pac-10 has Arizona State and they r kinda up there in the 20-15 in the rankings every year. Yes OU and Miami play there rivals early, Miami plays FSU on the first game, OU plays Texas I think in the second Saturday in October which is on me B-day. Idk bout USC. I dont know why they play early but for OU and Texas it is prob so Texas can be undefeated so we can give em there first loss :D.

Football above average
Basketball the best hands down
Baseball Always a contender for championship

ACC!

If we are talking about all sports, I would definately say Big 10. Other then Basketball, the Big 10 is very strong. And, Basketball is about to change to domination for the Big 10. With us (The Buckeyes) grabbin Greg Oden, and the rest of the crew for 06, you got no farther to look then OSU that you have to go through to get anywhere in the NCAA tourny. Have fun beating my Buckeyes in 06 in basketball.

But, many other championships have landed in Cbus, in the last few years as well. Ohio State aint just a football program, they are golf, swimming, gymnastics, hockey, all kinds of sports. Not to mention, some of the best scholastic programs in the country as well.

Youc an try to compete, but there iis no other conference in this country that does what the Big 10 does. Other conferences might have a piece or two, but they dont have the entire package, like the Big 10.

Youc an try to compete, but there iis no other conference in this country that does what the Big 10 does. Other conferences might have a piece or two, but they dont have the entire package, like the Big 10

Blind homerism at its finest. I agree that the Big 10 is top 2 in football, but when you include the other sports, they aren't close. The Pac 10 wins more titles than anyone in the obscure sports. The Big XII and ACC beat the Big 10's arse in major sports other than football. You have football, be happy with that.

Back
Top Bottom