Best Potential Offseason/Draft Pick ups | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Potential Offseason/Draft Pick ups

nfil53

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What do you think?

I would really like to see Orakpo (UT) or Laurinaitis (OSU) in the draft and its a long shot but Asomugha would be tremendous.

Post your ultimate wishlist (top pick and top FA acquisition)

Muhaha. This is asking for this kind of response.

1. Albert Haynesworth
2. Nnamdi Asomugha
3. Terrell Suggs
4. Ray Lewis
5. Bart Scott
6. T.J. Houshmandzadeh
7. Chris Gamble
8. Karlos Dansby
9. Jordan Gross
10. Jeff Saturday
11. Oshiomogho Atogwe
12. Jermaine Phillips
13. Chris Canty
14. Roy Williams

Ehh. I think i'll end there. I could add more. Those are some pretty impressive acquisitions huh?

Number one free agent acquisition would be Nnamdi Asomugha. The second one would be Bart Scott or Karlos Dansby. Other than that we should not sign anyone from free agency. I guess Albert Haynesworth would be awesome, but he would cost half our salary cap.

Number one free agent acquisition would be Nnamdi Asomugha. The second one would be Bart Scott or Karlos Dansby. Other than that we should not sign anyone from free agency. I guess Albert Haynesworth would be awesome, but he would cost half our salary cap.

totally agree. know i dont have to post my opinion. :up:

Medical history is made as Dan Marino is fitted with (2) bionic knees and a cybornetic achilles tendon.He comes out of retirement,playing better than
he did as a 27 year old.Hey,since it's a wish list.

On a sad note...Ted Ginn tears a hammy trying to catch up to one of
Danny's lasers.

he is talking about Roy Williams the SS i think...

Realistically i hope for
FA: Boldin (1st pick traded), Jason Brown C (ravens), Bryant McFadden CB (Steelers), Yeremiah Bell, Goodman, Hill resigned
Draft: 2a) SeanSmith CB/FS (Utah) 2b) Ron Brace NT (BC) 3)Adam Ulatowski RT (Texas) 4) Best ILB available

I personally would like in order:

1.) Sage Rosenfels
2.) AJ Feeley
3.) Leslie Sheppard
4.) Jamar Fletcher
5.) Eddie Moore

**** Just kidding obviously ****

I would love Jordan Gross, but I think we will approach this off season like last one and target mid-level fa's. I personally see us signing Bryant McFadden fomr the Steelers and possibly Bart Scott.

I disagree entirely. I think looking to sign a player such as Julius Peppers, Albert Haynesworth, or Nnamdi Asomugha is completely the opposite way that this franchise is heading. Parcells philosoph is to create deoth of the entire 53-man roster through free agency while finding some solid starters and building your superstars through the draft. Shelling that much money out to one player will not help our team in the long run. I'd rather us take care of our players such as Yeremiah Bell, Andre Goodman, and Vernon Carey first. Then take the approach we did last year. Karlos Dansby and Jason Brown are the two guys I want to target. Both are impact players and you could get both of them for half of what you would bay for Asomugha, Haynesworth, or Peppers. If I were Jeff Ireland this is what I would do...

Free Agency-
*Andre Goodman-Cornerback
*Vernon Carey-Right Tackle
*Yeremiah Bell-Strong Safety
*Jason Brown-Center
*Karlos Dansby-Inside Linebacker
*Jordan Black-Offensive Tackle

Draft
1-Larry English-Outside Linebacker-Northern Illinois
2A: William Moore-Safety-Missouri
2B: Ron Brace-Defensive Tackle-Boston College
3: Brian Robiskie-Wide Receiver-Ohio State
4: Keenan Lewis-Cornerback-Oregon State
5: Otis Wiley-Safety-Michigan State
7A: Jasper Brinkley-Inside Linebacker-South Carolina
7B: Edwin Williams-Center-Maryland
7C: Kaluka Maiava-Linebacker-USC

I would release Ernest Wilford and Reggie Torbor to free an additional $4million in cap space. I would try to trade John Beck away for a pick.

QB: Chad Pennington/Chad Henne
RB: Ronnie Brown/Ricky Williams/Patrick Cobbs
FB: Loushaka Polite
TE: Anthony Fasano/ David Martin/ Joey Haynos
WR: Brian Robiskie/ Davone Bess/ Brandon london
WR: Ted Ginn Jr./ Greg Camarillo
LT: Jake Long
LG: Justin Smiley/Samson Satele
C: Jason Brown/ Edwin Williams
RG: Donald Thomas/Shawn Murphy/Andy Allemen
RT: Vernon Carey/Jordan Black
K: Dan Carpenter
P: Brandon Fields
DE: Vonnie Holliday/Phillip Merling
DT: Jason Fergeson/Paul Soliai/ Ron Brace
RE: Kendall Langford/Lionel Dotson
OLB: Larry English/Matt Roth
ILB: Akin Ayodele/ Kaluka Maiva
ILB: Karlos Dansby/Jasper Brinkley
OLB: Joey Porter/Charlie Anderson
FS: William Moore/Otis Wiley
SS: Yeremiah Bell/Brandon Tolver
CB: Will Allen/Jason Allen
CB: Andre Goodman/Keenan Lewis/Nate Jones

Damn I am good

1) Michael Jordan
2) Michael Phelps
3) Dan Marino
4) Budda (New NT)
5) The Roadrunner
6) Superman
7) Heath Ledger
8)Barack Obama

Championship

I disagree entirely. I think looking to sign a player such as Julius Peppers, Albert Haynesworth, or Nnamdi Asomugha is completely the opposite way that this franchise is heading. Parcells philosoph is to create deoth of the entire 53-man roster through free agency while finding some solid starters and building your superstars through the draft. Shelling that much money out to one player will not help our team in the long run. I'd rather us take care of our players such as Yeremiah Bell, Andre Goodman, and Vernon Carey first. Then take the approach we did last year. Karlos Dansby and Jason Brown are the two guys I want to target. Both are impact players and you could get both of them for half of what you would bay for Asomugha, Haynesworth, or Peppers. If I were Jeff Ireland this is what I would do...

Free Agency-
*Jason Brown-Center

Draft

I would release Ernest Wilford and Reggie Torbor to free an additional $4million in cap space. I would try to trade John Beck away for a pick.

Damn I am good

Amen.
This is probably the most logical analysis I have seen on the forums.
Great work.

Thanks man. Trust me I'd love to see Peppers ina Dolphins uniform but it's not practical. Another guy who bears watching is Chris Canty. he is a very good 3-4 Defensive End who Parcells drafted out of Virginia when he was with the Cowboys. they could cut Vonnie Holliday and save $3.5 mill and sign Canty. Giving us a rotation of Merling, Landford, and Canty. Damn!

I owe a Hail Mary to the forum b/c I forgot Cameron Wake as an Outside Linebacker. Wake will defiantly be in the rotation and I expect good things from him. 8 Sacks

Thanks man. Trust me I'd love to see Peppers ina Dolphins uniform but it's not practical. Another guy who bears watching is Chris Canty. he is a very good 3-4 Defensive End who Parcells drafted out of Virginia when he was with the Cowboys. they could cut Vonnie Holliday and save $3.5 mill and sign Canty. Giving us a rotation of Merling, Landford, and Canty. Damn!

I could definately see these things happening.
The draft is an impossible thing to predict but you definately hit on the key positions of need, that I'm sure will be addressed. I would like to see those players in a Fins uniform, but you never know who is going where.

The tackle market has sunk up pretty quick, I think Gross is resigned and the competant T's on off the board before we pick. I believe now resigning Carey is a priority.

Also believe Crowder is not.

I believe gaurd is also a priority because both of out starters are coming off major injuries.

Canty is a Parcells boy, and I don't doubt a Bobby Carpenter sniffing to be completely out of the question.

I just really like your analysis because you hit on the non big market players, and adressed the "non sexy" postions. That's how you build a franchise.

Free Agency-
*Jason Brown-Center

Draft

Damn I am good

Nice Analysis! But, We need OG help badly, Who knows whats Smileys Status is for the start of next season, and who knows if he can make it a full season healthy.

Donald Thomas, while being great potention, we still dont know what we have in him.

Shawn Murphy, couldnt even make the line with a depleted/injured OLine in front of him.

The other gaurds we have honestly are just not that good. They are serviceable but just not good.

Chubbs

Back
Top Bottom