Best Potential Offseason/Draft Pick ups | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Potential Offseason/Draft Pick ups

I disagree entirely. I think looking to sign a player such as Julius Peppers, Albert Haynesworth, or Nnamdi Asomugha is completely the opposite way that this franchise is heading. Parcells philosoph is to create deoth of the entire 53-man roster through free agency while finding some solid starters and building your superstars through the draft. Shelling that much money out to one player will not help our team in the long run. I'd rather us take care of our players such as Yeremiah Bell, Andre Goodman, and Vernon Carey first. Then take the approach we did last year. Karlos Dansby and Jason Brown are the two guys I want to target. Both are impact players and you could get both of them for half of what you would bay for Asomugha, Haynesworth, or Peppers. If I were Jeff Ireland this is what I would do...

Free Agency-
*Andre Goodman-Cornerback
*Vernon Carey-Right Tackle
*Yeremiah Bell-Strong Safety
*Jason Brown-Center
*Karlos Dansby-Inside Linebacker
*Jordan Black-Offensive Tackle

Draft
1-Larry English-Outside Linebacker-Northern Illinois
2A: William Moore-Safety-Missouri
2B: Ron Brace-Defensive Tackle-Boston College
3: Brian Robiskie-Wide Receiver-Ohio State
4: Keenan Lewis-Cornerback-Oregon State
5: Otis Wiley-Safety-Michigan State
7A: Jasper Brinkley-Inside Linebacker-South Carolina
7B: Edwin Williams-Center-Maryland
7C: Kaluka Maiava-Linebacker-USC

I would release Ernest Wilford and Reggie Torbor to free an additional $4million in cap space. I would try to trade John Beck away for a pick.

QB: Chad Pennington/Chad Henne
RB: Ronnie Brown/Ricky Williams/Patrick Cobbs
FB: Loushaka Polite
TE: Anthony Fasano/ David Martin/ Joey Haynos
WR: Brian Robiskie/ Davone Bess/ Brandon london
WR: Ted Ginn Jr./ Greg Camarillo
LT: Jake Long
LG: Justin Smiley/Samson Satele
C: Jason Brown/ Edwin Williams
RG: Donald Thomas/Shawn Murphy/Andy Allemen
RT: Vernon Carey/Jordan Black
K: Dan Carpenter
P: Brandon Fields
DE: Vonnie Holliday/Phillip Merling
DT: Jason Fergeson/Paul Soliai/ Ron Brace
RE: Kendall Langford/Lionel Dotson
OLB: Larry English/Matt Roth
ILB: Akin Ayodele/ Kaluka Maiva
ILB: Karlos Dansby/Jasper Brinkley
OLB: Joey Porter/Charlie Anderson
FS: William Moore/Otis Wiley
SS: Yeremiah Bell/Brandon Tolver
CB: Will Allen/Jason Allen
CB: Andre Goodman/Keenan Lewis/Nate Jones

Damn I am good

Nice post. I would also add resigning Vonnie to a more cap friendly number. I think he counts for 5 mil of cap. :up:

Number one free agent acquisition would be Nnamdi Asomugha. The second one would be Bart Scott or Karlos Dansby. Other than that we should not sign anyone from free agency. I guess Albert Haynesworth would be awesome, but he would cost half our salary cap.

I agree. I'd be happy with that. I would also add Suggs.

I'm guessing we don't sign any flashy big name in the F/A market, but perhaps trade (people or late picks) for a/some relatively unknown up and coming players. IF we even sniff at a big name F/A, it would have to be a spot that they know we can't draft anyone worthwhile this year. I'm guessing CB or FS, but I could be wrong.

Dansby is awesome but he will require a huge contract also. He has been a beast for a few years and will want to get paid. And if William Moore is there in the 2nd round and we dont take him Im finished with MIA. Moore is prob my favorite player in the draft and I hope he slips. He is another Ed Reed. But great job. That would be a great lineup. And i mentioned Jason Brown too. He would be a great C for us.I think I would go with Barden in the 3rd or Brandon Gibson Im not high on Robiskie.

Oh yeah and for a CB I like Dunta Robinson in FA. I think he is a great CB and would help us out alot. ANd if Moore is not there in the 2nd take Sean Smith from Utah

I dont think depth at guard is the issue. Your backup guards are not going to be as good as your starters. Thats to be expected. We made the playoffs with Ike and Alleman starting at guard. I am confident with them as the backups.

Jason Brown would be a terrific addition at center, though. That extra 20 pounds that he has on Samson will come in handy against Wilfork and Jenkins.

I owe a Hail Mary to the forum b/c I forgot Cameron Wake as an Outside Linebacker. Wake will defiantly be in the rotation and I expect good things from him. 8 Sacks
i was getting ready to say something to you about Cameron Wake and you not including him...nice recovery there :up:

Back
Top Bottom