Best RB in the AFCE | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best RB in the AFCE

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Until McGahee learns to pass block better than my sister and stops falling on his butt when catching a screen pass, Brown is the better back. McGahee got very good blocking yesterday. Brown got nothing.

Brown knows how to pass block?

Tell that to Daunte who has spent half the game running for his life and the other half on his ***.

BZ

Its tough to say, but so far you would have to go Willis first and Brown second. Nobody a close second behind the two.

I do think if Brown had anyone that could block I would say he would be # 1, but you can't fault Mcghee on that.

B-LO said:
McGahee actually is a good blocker, and he only fell down on those screen passes b/c Losman overthrew them.

McGahee -- 311 yards, 4.4 YPC
Brown -- 190 yards, 3.4 YPC

Way to stick to your guns about this one, though.

Brown - 2 TDs
McGahee - 0 TDs

You can have your yards. I'll take the all around back and the TDs.

BwanaZulia said:
Brown knows how to pass block?

Tell that to Daunte who has spent half the game running for his life and the other half on his ***.

BZ

When you find a RB that can block 5 players, let me know. Brown is an excellent pass blocker and an excellent receiver.

Total yards

McGahee 344
Brown 284

Brown had two TDs, McGahee has ZERO.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Brown - 2 TDs
McGahee - 0 TDs

You can have your yards. I'll take the all around back and the TDs.
I'll take the league's current leading rusher. Brown simply isn't the force that McGahee is and doesn't dictate the pace of games like McGahee does. It's as simple as that.

Seriously, no one cares that Brown had two TDs in a game where he carried the ball 15 times for 30 yards and the Dolphins still lost by double digits.

McGahee might not have scored, but against Miami he was extremely instrumental in keeping your offense off the field and taking the pressure of Losman. That is something I've yet to see Ronnie Brown do -- control the flow of the game.

B-LO said:
I'll take the league's current leading rusher. Brown simply isn't the force that McGahee is and doesn't dictate the pace of games like McGahee does. It's as simple as that.

Seriously, no one cares that Brown had two TDs in a game where he carried the ball 15 times for 30 yards and the Dolphins still lost by double digits.

McGahee might not have scored, but against Miami he was extremely instrumental in keeping your offense off the field and taking the pressure of Losman. That is something I've yet to see Ronnie Brown do -- control the flow of the game.

He ran better than Willis in the first half against the Bills. It is not his fault that he only carried the ball twice in the second half. He is also a threat in the passing game. Something Bills fans swear is going to happen every year with Willis.

Willis has 60 more yards from scrimmage and two less TDs. You can have your 150 yards against the Jets. When it was crunch time on drives, where was Willis? Whiffing on blocks or sitting on the sidelines with A. Thomas getting carries. I have never seen a back take himself out after a few carries as often as Willis does.

This is the third Bills drive yesterday:

1-5-NYJ20 (5:49) J.Losman pass incomplete short right to P.Price. Overthrown, receiver along sideline at NYJ 5. Pressure on QB: M.Chatham.
2-5-NYJ20 (5:40) A.Thomas up the middle to NYJ 19 for 1 yard (E.Barton, K.Von Oelhoffen).
3-4-NYJ19 (4:57) (Shotgun) J.Losman sacked at NYJ 27 for -8 yards (K.Rhodes). FUMBLES (K.Rhodes), touched at NYJ 36, RECOVERED by NYJ-J.Vilma at NYJ 44. J.Vilma to BUF 44 for 12 yards.

He had 6 carries in the game so far. WTF is he doing on the sidelines when it is 1st and 5 deep in the opponents territory?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
He ran better than Willis in the first half against the Bills. It is not his fault that he only carried the ball twice in the second half. He is also a threat in the passing game. Something Bills fans swear is going to happen every year with Willis.

Willis has 60 more yards from scrimmage and two less TDs. You can have your 150 yards against the Jets. When it was crunch time on drives, where was Willis? Whiffing on blocks or sitting on the sidelines with A. Thomas getting carries. I have never seen a back take himself out after a few carries as often as Willis does.

This is the third Bills drive yesterday:

1-5-NYJ20 (5:49) J.Losman pass incomplete short right to P.Price. Overthrown, receiver along sideline at NYJ 5. Pressure on QB: M.Chatham.
2-5-NYJ20 (5:40) A.Thomas up the middle to NYJ 19 for 1 yard (E.Barton, K.Von Oelhoffen).
3-4-NYJ19 (4:57) (Shotgun) J.Losman sacked at NYJ 27 for -8 yards (K.Rhodes). FUMBLES (K.Rhodes), touched at NYJ 36, RECOVERED by NYJ-J.Vilma at NYJ 44. J.Vilma to BUF 44 for 12 yards.

He had 6 carries in the game so far. WTF is he doing on the sidelines when it is 1st and 5 deep in the opponents territory?

ow's life in Buffalo:lol:

1st, McGahee is not a bad passblocker. Yes, he had a bad game against the jets, but hell, ronnie brown has had a bad first three games rushing, that doesn't make him a bad rusher. If you remember McGahee's block in the patsies game you'll know he is a decent blocker. The block I'm refering to he pancaked a LB, then turned around and boxed out a DE. Two guys on one play. Anyway, by list...

1. McGahee
2. Brown
3. Marooney
4. Dillion
5. Jets guy

In case you haven't noticed, Dillion isn't good anymore. I think Marooney will be a top 5 back in the league within a few years, his speed and size is amazing, reminds me a lot of ricky williams.

FinfanInBuffalo said:

Uh, at halftime last week Brown had 13 for 68 and McGahee had 12 for 68. So McGahee had the better half.

He also has 71 carries this year (over 23 per game), so your "he takes himself out of games" argument is stupid. Did you ever stop to think that maybe Jauron brings in Thomas to spell McGahee during the game? Of course you didn't because you were too busy being a gigantic homer. Yesterday, Buffalo was playing 10+ points behind for most of the second half, so he didn't get too many opportunities for carries.

Seriously, you could be the only person on earth who still thinks Ronnie Brown is better than Willis McGahee. Ronnie Brown, to this point in his career, has proven to be little more than a change of pace back who averages about 15-17 carries per contest and still HAS ONLY TWO 100-YARD RUSHING GAMES.

Back
Top Bottom