Best RB in the AFCE | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best RB in the AFCE

Ronnie Brown is the hardest runner in the NFL, IMO.

However, he is the hardest runner because all he does is run right into defenders. Someone tell Ronnie Brown, the point is to avoid the defenders as much as possible, not plow right into them.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I'll still take Brown over McGahee. Just replay the McGahee whiffed block that caused the fumble for a refresher course on other duties of a RB. Brown is also a far superior receiver.

Brown has not gotten any blocking so far this year.

1. Brown
2. McGahee
3. Maroney
4. Dillon

I agree with you on that, Brown is a better back than Willis, he just needs to have a better o-line.

Whitner20 said:
Then you'ed be wrong.

Why is he wrong? Because he's a Dolphins fan? Or is it because your a Bill's fan?

Just because Willis had 150 yards against a suspect Jet's defense, doesnt mean he is the best back in the AFC East. Did'nt he miss a key block that led to a fumble?

It is all the intangibles that you look for in a running back, NOT ONLY RUSHING YARDS. Ronnie is a great blocking back, receiving back and playmaker, im a Jet's fan and i can give a non biased opinion on this. Try not to be such a homer and admit when another teams player has more talent than your guy.:shakeno:

DaBills4life said:
Ronnie Brown is the hardest runner in the NFL, IMO.

However, he is the hardest runner because all he does is run right into defenders. Someone tell Ronnie Brown, the point is to avoid the defenders as much as possible, not plow right into them.

You can't avoid defenders when they don't get blocked and are in your face when you get the ball.

B-LO said:
Uh, at halftime last week Brown had 13 for 68 and McGahee had 12 for 68. So McGahee had the better half.

He also has 71 carries this year (over 23 per game), so your "he takes himself out of games" argument is stupid. Did you ever stop to think that maybe Jauron brings in Thomas to spell McGahee during the game? Of course you didn't because you were too busy being a gigantic homer. Yesterday, Buffalo was playing 10+ points behind for most of the second half, so he didn't get too many opportunities for carries.

Seriously, you could be the only person on earth who still thinks Ronnie Brown is better than Willis McGahee. Ronnie Brown, to this point in his career, has proven to be little more than a change of pace back who averages about 15-17 carries per contest and still HAS ONLY TWO 100-YARD RUSHING GAMES.

ZERO TOUCHDOWNS. You win games by scoring. They don't trust Willis to get the tough yards.

Phinlivin'in703 said:
:shakeno: RONNIE IS BETTER THAN CADILLAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

umm, that shows us how young and inexperienced you are, im a Jet's fan and i know he is talking about RICKY!

BleedinGreenNC said:
Why is he wrong? Because he's a Dolphins fan? Or is it because your a Bill's fan?

Just because Willis had 150 yards against a suspect Jet's defense, doesnt mean he is the best back in the AFC East. Did'nt he miss a key block that led to a fumble?

It is all the intangibles that you look for in a running back, NOT ONLY RUSHING YARDS. Ronnie is a great blocking back, receiving back and playmaker, im a Jet's fan and i can give a non biased opinion on this. Try not to be such a homer and admit when another teams player has more talent than your guy.:shakeno:

Thank you.

The funny thing is that they are really close. Willis might be a more polished runner at this point, but Brown makes up for it with receiving and blocking. Brown is also hard as hell to bring down.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Thank you.

The funny thing is that they are really close. Willis might be a more polished runner at this point, but Brown makes up for it with receiving and blocking. Brown is also hard as hell to bring down.

The thing I love about Brown is he never, never goes down on first contact.

Which is usually 2 yards in the back field!:boohoo:

NJFINSFAN1 said:
The thing I love about Brown is he never, never goes down on first contact.

Which is usually 2 yards in the back field!:boohoo:

But JP, he goes down like a hooker to a *******!!

BleedinGreenNC said:
Try not to be such a homer and admit when another teams player has more talent than your guy.:shakeno:

Sorry...Brown might be a great blocker, and good at catching the ball... but I'm not impressed with his running... he runs hard...but he runs right into guys, he doesn't make the cuts Willis does.....

Willis was a better back in college, and is finally 100%, back to his playing weight...he's dynamic..... Ronnie was never the slasher Willis was.....and he never will be....

Ronnie is a great back, but he's not in Willis league.

Whitner20 said:
Sorry...Brown might be a great blocker, and good at catching the ball... but I'm not impressed with his running... he runs hard...but he runs right into guys, he doesn't make the cuts Willis does.....

Willis was a better back in college, and is finally 100%, back to his playing weight...he's dynamic..... Ronnie was never the slasher Willis was.....and he never will be....

Ronnie is a great back, but he's not in Willis league.

I will say, that Willis is the better runner than Brown currently, and was so in college too. But as Whitner20 admitted Brown is a great blocker and reciever. I would be happy with either, and since we drafted him, I am happier with Brown. Now, because of the reasons Whitner admitted to, plus the fact that Brown is a very good runner(not great), I would say he is the best RB in the AFC east, even if only by a very small margin.

McGahee = 5 TDs in 05-06 seasons...
Brown = 7 TDs in 05-06 seasons

Ronnie: 05-06 seasons = 3.9 yards per carry
McGahee: 05-06 seasons = 4.0 yards per carry

Pretty even comparison if you ask me...

1/2) Brown/McGahee

Argue either way... you'll accomplish nothing...

Willis McGahee is currently the league's leading rusher.

He is averaging a yard more per carry than Brown.

Ronnie Brown has TWO 100-yard games in his entire career.

The Bills offense is currently much better than Miami's.

Just some things to consider.

I can't wait till this weekend when Brown has one of his patented 13 carry, 58 yard games and the debate will still rage on because you guys are so excited to have a good running back for once in team history that you'll defend him to the death.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom