Best WR combo in the NFL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best WR combo in the NFL

ryyyan24

Starter
Reaction score
Lately I have been hearing that the Dolphins easily have the best WR's in the league... David Boston and Chris Chambers. Now believe me, I think that they are easily in the top 5. But are they the best combo?? I think that they are the best combo in the NFL and will show the world this upcoming season. (I no you most of you wont want to hear this but I thin that if FEELEY is the QB that BOTH of these WR could possibly be ProBowlers) Personally I feel that if a team was someone like Marvin Harrison or Randy Moss that they are already up there. Here is my order tell me what you think...
10.Giants (Hilliard and Toomer could be nasty)
9.Patriots (somehow do it every year)
8.Seahawks (possibly the best 3WR team out there)
7.Bengals (showed last year what the can do)
6.Rams (Holt and Bruce always amazing)
5.Vikings (MOSS)
4.Panthers (underestimated, showed in playoffs lat year,Smith and Muhamed)
3.Colts ( I was amazed when they played the Broncos in the playoffs)
2.Steelers (Ward and Burress are #1 on many lists)
1.Dolphins ( Chambers and Boston will shock everyone)

Tell me what you think or what should be changed...

You cannot put a team like New England up there. "Best WR Combo" doesn't include your #3, 4, and 5 WR's. Branch/Givens? No way. Brady spreads the ball. Those two as a combo don't deserve to be up there.

Randy Moss is the best WR in the NFL, but you can team him up with Nate Burleson, Kelly Campbell, or Marcus Robinson...as a combo, they shouldn't be up there.

The Jets(Tana/McCareins) deserve mention over both WR combo.

When considering the best WR combo's, both receivers have to be productive enough.

There are too many if's here. I respect your enthusiasm and team loyalty to the phins but maybe we should wait till they play a game before putting them on top of the list.
I like the rest of your picks except the pats.

ryyyan24 said:
Lately I have been hearing that the Dolphins easily have the best WR's in the league... David Boston and Chris Chambers. Now believe me, I think that they are easily in the top 5. But are they the best combo?? I think that they are the best combo in the NFL and will show the world this upcoming season. (I no you most of you wont want to hear this but I thin that if FEELEY is the QB that BOTH of these WR could possibly be ProBowlers) Personally I feel that if a team was someone like Marvin Harrison or Randy Moss that they are already up there. Here is my order tell me what you think...
10.Giants (Hilliard and Toomer could be nasty)
9.Patriots (somehow do it every year)
8.Seahawks (possibly the best 3WR team out there)
7.Bengals (showed last year what the can do)
6.Rams (Holt and Bruce always amazing)
5.Vikings (MOSS)
4.Panthers (underestimated, showed in playoffs lat year,Smith and Muhamed)
3.Colts ( I was amazed when they played the Broncos in the playoffs)
2.Steelers (Ward and Burress are #1 on many lists)
1.Dolphins ( Chambers and Boston will shock everyone)

Tell me what you think or what should be changed...

Do we preach Homerism 101 here? I think that the Steelers, Bengals, and Rams have better duos. Here the stats:

Steelers:
Plaxico-860
Ward-1163
Bengals:
Chad-1355
Peter-819
Colts:
Reggie-838
Marvin-1272
Rams:
Holt-1696
Bruce-989
Dolphins:
Boston-880
Chambers-963

for now, they're better

audiorage said:
There are too many if's here. I respect your enthusiasm and team loyalty to the phins but maybe we should wait till they play a game before putting them on top of the list.

:roflmao: :roflmao: ' I agree with him...Chambers\Boston, not even in the top 10 right now, they haven't done a thing on the field..we can talk potential until we're blue in the face, it's what happens on the field that defines what place they are as a combo..right now...their just a combo with potential.

10. Kansas City (if TE count)
9. Redskins
8. Seahawks
7. Giants
6. Panthers
5. Dolphins (if by some chance they produce like they did last year)
4. Bengals
3. Steelers
2. Colts
1. Rams

1. Vikings --As long as Moss is #1, I don't care who's #2
2. Rams --Just proven over and over again
3. Indy
4. Steelers
5. Seattle
6. Giants
7. Panthers
8. Cincy
9. N.O.
10. Raiders

MDFINFAN said:
:roflmao: :roflmao: ' I agree with him...Chambers\Boston, not even in the top 10 right now, they haven't done a thing on the field..we can talk potential until we're blue in the face, it's what happens on the field that defines what place they are as a combo..right now...their just a combo with potential.

It is all based on the potential. All of these other guys have already proved their worth....but there shouldn't be a reason why they wont be considered top 5 after this year ( depending on whos throwing the ball.)

Honestly we can't even have Miami in the top 15. It's unfair to make an assumption that Boston and Chambers will flourish together untilo we actually see it.

FiN.in.RI said:
....but there shouldn't be a reason why they wont be considered top 5 after this year ( depending on whos throwing the ball.)

Yes there is, it's called performance. We have to wait until the end of the year then we can rate them. If this was a potential thing then I would think differently, but I thought he was stating the 10 as of now.

MDFINFAN said:
1. Vikings --As long as Moss is #1, I don't care who's #2
2. Rams --Just proven over and over again
3. Indy
4. Steelers
5. Seattle
6. Giants
7. Panthers
8. Cincy
9. N.O.
10. Raiders

I won't go into the others but how can you rank the Raiders WR's higher than the Fins or even put them in the top ten? Jerry Rice and Tim Brown are a combined 247 years old, add their stats and Jerry Porters and you still don't equal what Chambers and Boston did...they are getting real old and stiff and their production is falling off bigtime, the Raiders WR core is definitely not better than the Dolphins last year nor will they be this year.

he thinks we should have them play an NFL down together. Fair enough

steelers have some real talent!! so does miami but there not on the list because we havent played a game yet who knows they may not play well together we need to get some pratice with our starters and we dont even know who the starting qb will be?

Back
Top Bottom