Best WR combo in the NFL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best WR combo in the NFL

I like the post, very good thought ;) . Potential is certainly there, and I'm going to be watching and exited. I think Boston is what we need to get over the hump. I don't disagree with anyones top ten by any means :D but look out for Detroit and (maybe) Atlanta. With the rookie class, alot could happen. :tongue:

You want potential?? Both these combos have the potential to be the best in the NFL:

Cardinals - Boldin/Fitzgerald
Lions - Rogers/Williams (3,4,5 are Streets, Hakim and Schroeder)

The potential of those two duos is scary. Especially the Lions. I also think Moulds and Evans have the potential to be a top duo, but not the best

SpitOnSurtain80 said:
You want potential?? Both these combos have the potential to be the best in the NFL:

I agree with that more than anything in this thread,

I don't know how the Chiefs made anybody's list, as they don't even have a decent #1, and I mean "decent".

I gotta go with Indy here, while on paper Arizona and the lions look fierce, they may be one of the few teams with a quarterback situation murkier than our's. Marvin Harrison is a vaccuum and Reggie Wayne has yet to drop a ball thrown his way from the indy games I have seen. Hopefully though your rankings will be accurate at the end of the year.

Once Feeley wins the staters job this year and proves he is for real it won't be long before Chambers/Boston tops most peoples list.

SpitOnSurtain80 said:

The potential of those two duos is scary. Especially the Lions. I also think Moulds and Evans have the potential to be a top duo, but not the best
I definitely agree about the Lions - I'm actually looking forward to seeing Rogers, Williams, and Kevin Jones play.

New Orleans (Horn, Stalworth, Pathon) and Cincy (Johnson, Warrick, Washington) are also possibilities.

blingbling2334 said:
he thinks we should have them play an NFL down together. Fair enough

Thanks, I thought I was clear on that in the previous posts..Just a preference of mine to have people actually perform before I rate them as one of the best combo's..

SpitOnSurtain80 said:

Thats one sick WR core... With Harrignton throwin the rock!
Look out for the Lions in Two or so years...

finphan said:
I definitely agree about the Lions - I'm actually looking forward to seeing Rogers, Williams, and Kevin Jones play.

I think Boldin and Fitz will be a better duo in next few years. Fitz was on many mock drafts as #1 overall, and I'm sure he will play like that in the near-future. And we've all seen what Anquan Boldin can do.

Good point btw spit.

I agree, the Cards could have the best combo for years to come. Of course, they need someone to get them the ball (sounds familiar). The Cards also have a 3rd WR that was a #1 pick a couple years ago that is pretty good. Okay, enough with the Cards. I think Chanbers and Boston have the potential to be top 3. They just need to prove it.

It's too early IMO....

There is tons of talent at WR around the NFL right now.....

You've got Arizona, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Indy, Philly, Miami, Buffalo, Carolina, New England, St. Louis, Cincy, Seattle, NY Jets, and New Orleans all looking stonger at WR this year. That's not even mentioning teams like Minn, or KC...

There will be plenty of talent to choose from during FF this year. I can't wait!!!

As for Boston and Chambers, if the QB situation improves, I'd rank them among the top five....

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

If we are talking 'Best WR Combo' in the league.......then I think that a couple of things come into question......are we just talking starting two....or overall WR corp?

Some have mentioned T.Gonzalez......then if we are including TE's.....wouldn't the Giants vault near the top of the rankings with Toomer, Hilliard, and Shockey?? That's definately better than Gonzalez, Morton and Kennison.

Also, if we are talking ALL WR's, then the Pats are pretty high on the list, but if it's just the starting 2......they are probably in the bottom half of the league. Here's my top 10 by category. I am using the logic of who I would want on my team this year, not who I think will put up the best numbers........basically, I'm not going to punish a great duo because the QB can't get them the ball:

BEST STARTING DUO:
1. Holt and Bruce
2. Moss and Robinson
3. Ward and Burress
4. Harrison and Wayne
5. Chambers and Boston
6. Toomer and Hilliard
7. Owens and Pinkston
8. Horn and Stallworth
9. Robinson and Jackson
10. Fitzgerald and Bolden

BEST STARTING WR + TE
1. Harrison, Wayne, Pollard
2. Toomer, Hilliard, Shockey
3. Chambers, Boston, McMichael
4. Moss, Robinson, Kleinsasser
5. Holt, Bruce, Manemaleuna
6. Horn, Stallworth, Williams
7. Ward, Burress, Riemersma
8. Morton, Kennison, Gonzalez
9. Owens, Pinkston, Smith
10. Price, White, Crumpler

BEST WR CORP
1. VIKINGS
2. STEELERS
3. SEAHAWKS
4. RAMS
5. EAGLES
6. COLTS
7. BENGALS
8. TITANS
9. PATRIOTS
10. BUCS

blingbling2334 said:
Do we preach Homerism 101 here? I think that the Steelers, Bengals, and Rams have better duos. Here the stats:

Steelers:
Plaxico-860
Ward-1163
Bengals:
Chad-1355
Peter-819
Colts:
Reggie-838
Marvin-1272
Rams:
Holt-1696
Bruce-989
Dolphins:
Boston-880
Chambers-963

for now, they're better

Ya i have too say that i would say the steelers combo is best IMO i like em both... ward has got the speed and buress has got the size and hops go up there and get most passes to him...

Back
Top Bottom