Beware of what you ask for...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Beware of what you ask for......

WestPhish

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
cuz you may get it.

Last year, when Jay struggled everybody was calling for Lucas. Well, lo and behold Lucas got his shot and stunk up the joint, and people were counting the days till Fiedler got back. Now I hear people calling for Griese. I can tell you right now that from what I have seen of Griese has not been impressive. He is not ready to lead this team around the corner. I am hoping that Fiedler does not get hurt cuz right now, like it or not he is our only hope. So let's get realistic and stop calling for a change that would undermine or chances instead of improving them. My hope is that Fielder gets better as the season wears on and can be effective enough to compete in the post season. If Fiedler cannot get us to the next level then we go QB shopping at the end of the season, but for now you gotta root for the guy.

Ok...off my soapbox.

:eat:

That's an awful nice soapbox. :)

Jay did not struggle (that much) last year - he was playing almost PB level before he broke his thumb. He has had more problems this year since he has missed more opportunities to hit big plays that any QB should

Originally posted by WestPhish
cuz you may get it.

Last year, when Jay struggled everybody was calling for Lucas.

Not me. In fact, IMMEDIATELY after I heard about Jay's thumb, I made a post on the Dolphins newsgroup basically saying: "We're screwed." I had seen Lucas in the preseason and in warm ups before games and I had no confidence in his arm or technique.
Lucas had played a half season on a well-coached team and had not been asked to throw the ball much.
Brian Griese has played in a Pro Bowl, and was a starter for several years at Denver, during which he recorded a couple winning seasons. Brian Griese may NOT be much better than Jay...but at worst, he will be just as good. And there's always a chance he COULD be better.

Re: Re: Beware of what you ask for......

Originally posted by RikWriter

Not me. In fact, IMMEDIATELY after I heard about Jay's thumb, I made a post on the Dolphins newsgroup basically saying: "We're screwed." I had seen Lucas in the preseason and in warm ups before games and I had no confidence in his arm or technique.
Lucas had played a half season on a well-coached team and had not been asked to throw the ball much.
Brian Griese has played in a Pro Bowl, and was a starter for several years at Denver, during which he recorded a couple winning seasons. Brian Griese may NOT be much better than Jay...but at worst, he will be just as good. And there's always a chance he COULD be better.

ahhahahahahahahaha...probowl season? 10 games is a season....I show you a 10 game stretch where Jay was probowl like.

Puhleasssseeeeeeee........

And as far as I can tell...since jay arrived here he only had winning seasons....hahahahahahahaha.

You are funny.....

Boy, does journey man Plummer look good with almost the identical team Griese had last year.

It is funny though that you can not find one soul anymore who called for Ray last year. Everybody is saying "oh no..not me".

Note: not necessarly pointing at you though.

Forget about Griese

He may be an upgrade over Lucas, but he'll be hard pressed to surpass Fiedler. Pressure or no pressure the man had two all pro receivers, great o-line, great running back, and two, not one, but two all pro tight ends, and a great defense and what did he do? He choked... over and over and over again. Being in the pro bowl means nothing, look at Kordell he's a former MVP candidate, what has he done for the NFL lately? I personally would like to see what Sage Rosenfels can do, maybe he can be our Chad pennington. But don't hang your hopes on Griese.

Re: Re: Re: Beware of what you ask for......

Originally posted by FFiB
ahhahahahahahahaha...probowl season? 10 games is a season....I show you a 10 game stretch where Jay was probowl like.

Puhleasssseeeeeeee........

And as far as I can tell...since jay arrived here he only had winning seasons....hahahahahahahaha.

You are funny.....

Not as funny as you are. Unfortunately I don't think you mean to be.

Boy, does journey man Plummer look good with almost the identical team Griese had last year.

Does he? I don't know yet...he's looked pretty average against some bad teams---Detroit for instance. I thought after the Raiders game that he might be a good QB, but the Raiders are horrible. I think Griese would have performed as well as Plummer so far.

It is funny though that you can not find one soul anymore who called for Ray last year. Everybody is saying "oh no..not me".

Note: not necessarly pointing at you though.

You can Google for my comments if you like. I posted under the name "Rick" in alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins right after the Denver game.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Beware of what you ask for......

Not as funny as you are. Unfortunately I don't think you mean to be.
Don't assume you know what I think or how I feel. Yes, you made me laugh. You are hanging onto straws in your quest to replace Jay.....

See, Brian is hopefully a good backup...just in case we need him...

Does he? I don't know yet...he's looked pretty average against some bad teams---Detroit for instance. I thought after the Raiders game that he might be a good QB, but the Raiders are horrible. I think Griese would have performed as well as Plummer so far.
Let's see.
1st start...not good...12 of 25 for 115 yards; no TDs; 3 INTs; 21 QBR against Cinncy.

2nd start: 9 of 13 for 100 yards; 3TDs, no INTs; 129 QBR @ SD

3rd start: 14 of 21 for 197 yards; 2TDs, no INTs; 128 QBR against Oakland

4th start: 25 of 37 for 277 yards; 2TDs, no INTs, 117 QBR against Detroit

5th start: 20 of 38 for 220 yards; 1 TD, no INTs; 80 QBR @ KC

not too shabby for a QB who had a career QBR of 69. Maybe Shan was right replacing Brian. I hope Brian is a good backup in case we need him.

You can Google for my comments if you like. I posted under the name "Rick" in alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins right after the Denver game.

Did you read that I didn't point the comment towards you. I had to mention it though since you said that you did not root for Lucas. Here is my quote to you: Note: not necessarly pointing at you though.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Beware of what you ask for......

Originally posted by FFiB

Don't assume you know what I think or how I feel.

I made no such assumption. I just know that someone who posts "ahahahahaahaha!" like some madman laughing maniacally is indeed funny...though they may not have meant to be.

Re: Re: Beware of what you ask for......

. Brian Griese may NOT be much better than Jay...but at worst, he will be just as good. And there's always a chance he COULD be better.

Don't kid yourself, Griese doesn't know this offense well enough yet, and besides you don't see the coaches marvel at his abilities when he does play. I think Griese is an upgrade over Lucas, but he is not better than Fiedler.

Re: Re: Re: Beware of what you ask for......

Originally posted by WestPhish

Don't kid yourself, Griese doesn't know this offense well enough yet, and besides you don't see the coaches marvel at his abilities when he does play. I think Griese is an upgrade over Lucas, but he is not better than Fiedler.

What could he do? Take a sack by wandering within arm's length of a defensive lineman who's laying on the ground?
Jay's got that one covered.
Overthrow wide-open WRs running free for the end zone?
Jay's all over that one. By about three feet.
Throw an average of one interception a game?
Jay's got us covered there too.

Our offense hardly EXISTS at this point. What's to know?

What could he do? Take a sack by wandering within arm's length of a defensive lineman who's laying on the ground?

I am just glad to see you can be objective about this stuff. I am just glad that you can take a step back and look at the overall problems on offense and make sure that everyone gets their fair share of blame. Thank goodness! :lol:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Beware of what you ask for......

Originally posted by eltos_lightfoot

I am just glad to see you can be objective about this stuff. I am just glad that you can take a step back and look at the overall problems on offense and make sure that everyone gets their fair share of blame. Thank goodness! :lol:

There are others to blame: our O line is playing poorly for example. But we can't change out every starter on the O line. Sometimes changing the QB can spark a team.

The funny part is Bledsoe is averaging about the same int's a game, and he is franchise.

Favre? Over one per game.

McNabb? One per game and only 2 TD's.

Interesting....don't you think?

Well, I never called for Lucas to start last year. I did feel comfortable at first when Jay went down. I thought Lucas would come in and not miss a beat, boy was I wrong. Halfway through that first game against the Bills, I knew we were screwed as long as Jay was out. Like it or not, the man can manage a game soundly. He doesn't have the most talent in the world and can make some boneheaded mistakes but he is probably still our best option.

Back
Top Bottom