biggest difference between the qbs | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

biggest difference between the qbs

Why not count all the stats for games started in 2011? Again if you believe the win totals and offensive production are credited to Moore, why aren't teams lined up for that success, seems like a no brainer to sign someone with such a polished career?
Who says they weren't. A while ago I posted the fact that the Dolphins never let Moore hit the free market except when Gase became coach. He had the benefit of the doubt to pick his own backup. Moore never opened up to other teams despite having gotten requests for visits. Both sides just waited for the formality that Gase would evaluate Moore on film.

Moore's incentive to stay in Miami to take the safe deal in an environment he was familiar with and earned a boatload respect for the sake of his family and his three little kids (6, 4, 1) rather then them having to be uprooted again.
tara-moore-matt-moore-wife-children.jpg

matt-moores-wife-tara-moore-facebook-1.jpg

I really don't know why some Dolphins fans **** on a guy who is nothing but a great guy all around and not a bad QB, great teammate, even Tannehill considers him a friend and when called upon on performed admirably.

Who says they weren't. A while ago I posted the fact that the Dolphins never let Moore hit the free market except when Gase became coach. He had the benefit of the doubt to pick his own backup. Moore never opened up to other teams despite having gotten requests for visits. Both sides just waited for the formality that Gase would evaluate Moore on film.

Moore's incentive to stay in Miami to take the safe deal in an environment he was familiar with and earned a boatload respect for the sake of his family and his three little kids (6, 4, 1) rather then them having to be uprooted again.
tara-moore-matt-moore-wife-children.jpg

matt-moores-wife-tara-moore-facebook-1.jpg

I really don't know why some Dolphins fans **** on a guy who is nothing but a great guy all around and not a bad QB, great teammate, even Tannehill considers him a friend and when called upon on performed admirably.
I don't believe anybody is disputing whether or not he is good person, that's neither here nor there when it comes to playing football. Marino was an ass hole, didn't have any effect on his play. Moore did free agent visits with the Colts and Cowboys in 2016, obviously not for a starter role. He tried in 2014 but there wasn't a market for his services as a starter. I don't fault him for wanting and staying in Miami. Both sides felt it was best for them.
Moore was expected to leave after the 2014 season but he couldn’t find a better situation and returned to Miami.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...is-strange-free-agency-tannehill-and-doughty/

It's pretty clear that Jay Cutler is a gunslinger type of QB that has become way too gun shy to play the game. Which makes him much less effective as a player, and probably not what Gase envisioned when we got him.

On the other hand, Matt Moore is not afraid to stand tall in the pocket and take hits. He's not afraid to wait it out and let his receivers get open. And that is the biggest difference between the two.

With Cutler, you see a guy that is terrified of contact (and with good reason, playing behind ****ty OLs every year must suck). So he rushes his throws, or he escapes the pocket too early, or he throws horrible balls off his back foot that end up being incomplete or picked off.

Unless our pass protection gets 1000x better, or Gase is able to correct those mistakes from him, Cutler won't succeed in this offense. IMO.

Undeniable.

Although, it did bring me many a laugh while watching games so far this year... thinking of the multiple guys on this board that kept gushing over Cutler's "great pocket presence," lol. "So much better than Tannehill," they said. Too funny!

It was actually painful to watch -- not that I blame Cutler for not wanting contact and for distrusting the OL. I mean, he and everyone else saw what happened when Tannehill kept absorbing the punishment for years... and then finally getting his knee injured while trusting the pocket, planting and stepping up. So, no blame for Cutler's gun shy stuff. Just humored as to how guys could call it great pocket presence.

LD

It's pretty clear that Jay Cutler is a gunslinger type of QB that has become way too gun shy to play the game. Which makes him much less effective as a player, and probably not what Gase envisioned when we got him.

On the other hand, Matt Moore is not afraid to stand tall in the pocket and take hits. He's not afraid to wait it out and let his receivers get open. And that is the biggest difference between the two.

With Cutler, you see a guy that is terrified of contact (and with good reason, playing behind ****ty OLs every year must suck). So he rushes his throws, or he escapes the pocket too early, or he throws horrible balls off his back foot that end up being incomplete or picked off.

Unless our pass protection gets 1000x better, or Gase is able to correct those mistakes from him, Cutler won't succeed in this offense. IMO.
Things took a nose dive after the chargers game. I think he is done.

Back
Top Bottom