Bill Belichick's curious non-defense of Tom Brady | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Belichick's curious non-defense of Tom Brady

Wish people would learn to do that here.

Some people on here are adults and can disagree w/ other posters w/o whining and attacking. It’s a losers mentality to run and hide from an argument b/c you disagree w/ someone. You can choose to be like that as all posters can choose to be like that, there will always be some adults to debate w/ me so I don’t worry about the whiner homers on boards who attack me for bringing reality to the boards. Jet fans want to pretend Rex, Mark, Tannenbaum, etc… sucked that’s ok but I will be there to bring reality just like I was when they bashed Pennington. Jet fans want to pretend Ken O’Brien was a great QB? That’s ok but I will be there to bring reality. Phin fans want to pretend Ryan Tannehill is a top QB and missing the playoffs is all about everyone but Ryan? That’s ok but I will be here to discuss reality.

how come spygate didn't work the first 2 weeks w/o Brady I it was implemented the year Brady took over? they decided to wait until Brady became the starter?

I thought you are such a smart little puppy. Everything takes its time. If you go back in time Brady did not find 'his stride' until the 4th or 5th week of the season anyways. While not 'the perfect Brady' you and others call 'the greatest QB' he became suddenly quite more efficient the rest of the season. And don't make the mistake to think that Spygate was in full effect that year either. It was perfected in the years coming. But yeah, it did start in 2001. That does not come from me.

Let him play a season without any kind of cheating. Not just a game, a season.

I thought you are such a smart little puppy. Everything takes its time. If you go back in time Brady did not find 'his stride' until the 4th or 5th week of the season anyways. While not 'the perfect Brady' you and others call 'the greatest QB' he became suddenly quite more efficient the rest of the season. And don't make the mistake to think that Spygate was in full effect that year either. It was perfected in the years coming. But yeah, it did start in 2001. That does not come from me.

Let him play a season without any kind of cheating. Not just a game, a season.

The instant Brady stepped on the field NE was better. It didn’t show on the scoreboard vs. us but they had a new energy and they looked different. His first start they crushed Indy who was, at the time, the favorite in the division and hadn’t yet sustained all their injuries. Many teams film opponents, slightly underinflating a football is not cheating. You are judged on how you play the game and no one has played the position better. We all hate NE and hate Brady just as I hated Miami and Marino when they were impossible to stop but I also have incredible respect as a football fan watching what guys like Marino and now Brady have done/are doing. I won’t diminish that based on other stuff.

The instant Brady stepped on the field NE was better. It didn’t show on the scoreboard vs. us but they had a new energy and they looked different. His first start they crushed Indy who was, at the time, the favorite in the division and hadn’t yet sustained all their injuries. Many teams film opponents, slightly underinflating a football is not cheating. You are judged on how you play the game and no one has played the position better. We all hate NE and hate Brady just as I hated Miami and Marino when they were impossible to stop but I also have incredible respect as a football fan watching what guys like Marino and now Brady have done/are doing. I won’t diminish that based on other stuff.

Really? You may have forgotten his first two games (one against us). We beat Brady into a pulp. In his first full game they won despite Brady and in his second full game our D had a free for all. I remember that game vividly. He looked outright pathetic. It was not until his third game that he turned miraculous into a somewhat decent QB. His entire first year he looked weird. From great to bad. I guess this 'Spygate' implementation was struggling.

It was well noted and written down that Spygate was beginning in 2001. It was perfected over the next couple years. One of the more notable improvements was the added frequency which did not go into effect until year 2 or 3 of Spygate. The first year they simply relayed the plays in the following way: taping, upstairs analysis, sent to coach or via regular frequency to the QB. Despite the illegal in-game taping and analysis the advantage was mediocre at best. The added frequency with extended sideline-to-QB communication (beyond the 15 seconds cut off) perfected it.

Let him play a whole season without cheating. Then we will see.

And to be honest it is more than questionable that a team by surprise with a mediocre QB suddenly wins a Superbowl in the season of 9/11. That team was named Patriots. How Patriotic. Tuck Rule 101 please.

Of course a I can sell you the Easter Bunny if you really think that a franchise who in its storied history won a total of 5 AFC East crowns (in 40 years) suddenly became a powerhouse because of Brady and won 12 of 14 years the division. Please.

And don't you ever put legit QB greats like Marino and (not to sound biased) Aikman, Montana etc in the same sentence with Brady.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shady is just another piece on Belicheats chess board. BB will just re-tool like he does every year.

I don't see Brady going somewhere else. I think (and I always had that opinion) that the system (incl cheating) made him the QB he is. I remember when Cassel replaced him in 2008 and we all said "damn, they already found a new QB". He will not take a chance of his 'legacy' taking a hit and feed the doubters.

Do you think Tom Brady believes that he is a system QB or do you think Tom Brady thinks that he can play QB in any system in the league because he's a good QB? I think I'll take the latter.

Tom Brady isn't getting any younger and the Patriots have no choice now but to showcase Jimmy Garoppolo for at least a couple of games. As players get older, there comes a time when they have to be replaced regardless of legacy and how great the player once was. Being in New England with an older body, those licks you take under center tend to sting a little more and much longer. Tom Brady would be wise to move his career to a warmer climate and extend his NFL life.

Do you think Tom Brady believes that he is a system QB or do you think Tom Brady thinks that he can play QB in any system in the league because he's a good QB? I think I'll take the latter.

Tom Brady isn't getting any younger and the Patriots have no choice now but to showcase Jimmy Garoppolo for at least a couple of games. As players get older, there comes a time when they have to be replaced regardless of legacy and how great the player once was. Being in New England with an older body, those licks you take under center tend to sting a little more and much longer. Tom Brady would be wise to move his career to a warmer climate and extend his NFL life.

I don't know what he believes nor do I care. One thing he knows for sure (as we all): he has never payed outside NE and their 'system'.

Really? You may have forgotten his first two games (one against us). We beat Brady into a pulp. In his first full game they won despite Brady and in his second full game our D had a free for all. I remember that game vividly. He looked outright pathetic. It was not until his third game that he turned miraculous into a somewhat decent QB. His entire first year he looked weird. From great to bad. I guess this 'Spygate' implementation was struggling.

It was well noted and written down that Spygate was beginning in 2001. It was perfected over the next couple years. One of the more notable improvements was the added frequency which did not go into effect until year 2 or 3 of Spygate. The first year they simply relayed the plays in the following way: taping, upstairs analysis, sent to coach or via regular frequency to the QB. Despite the illegal in-game taping and analysis the advantage was mediocre at best. The added frequency with extended sideline-to-QB communication (beyond the 15 seconds cut off) perfected it.

Let him play a whole season without cheating. Then we will see.

And to be honest it is more than questionable that a team by surprise with a mediocre QB suddenly wins a Superbowl in the season of 9/11. That team was named Patriots. How Patriotic. Tuck Rule 101 please.

Of course a I can sell you the Easter Bunny if you really think that a franchise who in its storied history won a total of 5 AFC East crowns (in 40 years) suddenly became a powerhouse because of Brady and won 12 of 14 years the division. Please.

And don't you ever put legit QB greats like Marino and (not to sound biased) Aikman, Montana etc in the same sentence with Brady.

His first action was against us and while they didn’t score the offense finally started moving and had there been a few more seconds on the clock they would have had a chance to tie as he completed a long pass on the games final play. They looked lifeless w/ Bledsoe after an awful 2000 and an awful opening week against a bad Bengal team.

His first start a week later they were a HE underdog to Indy and he led the O to 30 pts in a blowout win.

He had a rough week against Miami the following week but they took off from there.

Brady is better than al those guys w/ the possible exception of Montana. The cheating stuff is a cop out like opposing fans of Miami claiming Shula got the benefit of the officails b/c he was the head of the competition committee. It’s just whining from jealous non Pats fans. I HATE NE, I hate all Boston area sports but I can still see greatness and I have never seen a better QB than Brady.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

I don't know what he believes nor do I care. One thing he knows for sure (as we all): he has never payed outside NE and their 'system'.

They said the same stuff about Montana then he led KC to a championship Game and KC hasn’t won a playoff game since.

Brady IS the system, he is not a system QB. Name me the other QBs that have thrived in that system?

What system is it, exactly?

The system where the offensive line lines up (like every other system), you get under center (like every other system), snap the football (like every other system), make your reads (like every other system)...you see where I'm going with this.

Tom Brady is a pretty good QB who can play for anyone in the league. No sense in being upset over that fact and trying to discredit him. I know we're all Dolphin fans here but let's be realistic. I try to appreciate great players when I see them.

Back
Top Bottom