Bill Parcells | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells

Did Parcells make any big tackles or throw any big TD's or run the ball for any TD's this year? I know Bill is a great personnel guy but HONESTLY, I think we are 11-5 mainly because of the guys on the field, and Sparano and his coaching staff.

Hopefully Parcells will stay, but we know how to win now. I remember when Bill Parcells quit his job as the coach of the Air Force Academy after being their coach for one season (1979)....Bill then sold real estate for a year before getting a job in the NFL. He is kind of like Larry Brown, in the NBA....he is a rolling rock who doesn't stay anywhere for long.

Just ask Jerry Jones how important Bill Parcells is? Yes players do make plays but who brought those players in? I think some people have a loss of memory if they think Parcells isn't an important part of this team!

NY media says whispers of him being interested in the Jets.

I hope all that is a media generated rumor.

Just ask Jerry Jones how important Bill Parcells is? Yes players do make plays but who brought those players in? I think some people have a loss of memory if they think Parcells isn't an important part of this team!

AND Parcells has brought in the players to help us go from 1-15 to 11-5.....I don't think he will take the players he brought in to his next gig. I just think Parcells gets a little more credit for the turnaround than he deserves.....the players/coaches are the guys who turned this around. I just hope if Parcells leaves that he is not allowed to take the front office with him. Hopefully they have some kind of non-compete clause in his contract...or something that won't allow him to go to another AFC East team.

"He's the greatest and I would hope he doesn't leave," Ross said. "He's in a great situation, I hope, for him."

Huizenga said the earliest he could finalize the deal with Ross would be two days after the final game. He credited Parcells for "a fantastic job," and acknowledged the clause in Parcells' contract, adding that "he has to decide what he wants to do. ... It's out of my hands. I told him to stick around but I don't know what he's going to do."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/other/sfl-flspdolparcells29sbdec29,0,3658913.story

Ross needs to step up with Wayne and make an offer to Parcells. Just don't sit around and do nothing. Its time to do something.

Ross needs to step up with Wayne and make an offer to Parcells. Just don't sit around and do nothing. Its time to do something.

Parcells has an offer (he gets $9 million if he leaves......) so I would tell Bill to take it or leave it. Huizenga should have offered Bill a percentage of ownership....say 2% of the team, which at $500 million (the team's value conservatively) would give Bill about $10 million in ownership shares. I just don't get why Parcells, at his age, would want to start over again.

I read somewhere that Parcells had health issues earlier this year and that for him the question of retirement comes up every year because of his health football is for him a year-to-year thing.. I hope Bill stays for at least 1 or 2 years and then Sparano and Ireland imo will have learned enough to run the show really successful all alone..

It's not about the money with Parcells. Its about his surroundings.....He will not work for a Owner who will question his decisions.......he willl not get in the same situation he did with Kraft in NE.........That is why he put that clause in his contract.....He knew Wayne was going to sell his shares of the team, since he wouldnt be able to stop it, so he would have this walk away clause......I see this two ways....One he leaves and goes back into TV and then raids the Dolphins of it GM and coaching staff in 3yrs........or uses this as leverage to buy a stake in the Dolphins organization. I hope its the later because we have a good thing going here......The upside of this team is high and everyone in the league knows it.......

With Parcells you never know if he wants to leave or not. I hope that he is happy with the teams performance this year and wants to remain a part of building this team up for even greater things in the upcoming years.

What a crappy time for this to surface though. I trust Sparano will have the players focused as he did down the stretch. 1 game at a time.

With Parcells you never know if he wants to leave or not. I hope that he is happy with the teams performance this year and wants to remain a part of building this team up for even greater things in the upcoming years.

What a crappy time for this to surface though. I trust Sparano will have the players focused as he did down the stretch. 1 game at a time.
Yes you can. He's easy to read. If you leave him alone and let him be in charge. He stays. As soon as you start to override him and piss him off, he leaves. If Ross is hands off, BP will stay.

I just hope he doesn't gut us if he goes elsewhere, like he did to Dallas.

Gut Dallas?

I thought that was Jerrys doing.

As I recall, Bill recommended that Jerry hire Sparano or Henning as his replacement.

I want Bill and Ireland to stay for at least 2 more years. Can you imagine two more drafts under these guys? We will have play makers galore then!

I want Bill and Ireland to stay for at least 2 more years. Can you imagine two more drafts under these guys? We will have play makers galore then!
A team with playmakers doesnt mean anything if they have no leader........see the 2008 Dallas Cowboys lol

Now that the regular season is over there is all kinds of rumors going around the NFL about getting Bill Parcells. Because of the option in his contract about opting out if the team is sold a lot of teams think they can get this guy.

I think Miami needs to do whatever it takes to lock up Parcells and Ireland for the long term. Also I think it is important for Bill to come out and say that he is not going anywhere. This way the team can focus on the playoffs without worrying about whats going to happen next year.

If Ross and Wayne are Miami fans they need to put all these Parcell rumors to rest and lock up Parcells.

I hope that Bill doesn't desert us like Nick Saban did. We need this guy and Ireland too. This has been the best draft class I have ever seen in a long time.

his contract states that only wayne has control over him .. as long as ross sits down and shuts up .. he should stay

Back
Top Bottom