Bills 0-2 ... lol | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills 0-2 ... lol

and what's wrong with that?
Perhaps nothing, especially if Losman turns out to be a franchise QB. He better.

I think both the Dolphins and the Bills have taken the wrong approach to the draft the last couple of years. Both have traded future picks in an attempt to get better now. Yet history shows you build a champion by accumulating picks. Take a look at the Herschel Walker deal. Is there a better example? Or the Walsh years of the 90s. Or the current Patriots approach. Just sit back and watch the Redskins crash and burn under all those FA signings that will kill their cap number in a couple of years.

The fact is, there is tremendous pressure to win now in Buffalo and Miami, not exactly an environment conducive to creating a 5-year plan.

FlyingElvis said:
Perhaps nothing, especially if Losman turns out to be a franchise QB. He better.

I think both the Dolphins and the Bills have taken the wrong approach to the draft the last couple of years. Both have traded future picks in an attempt to get better now. Yet history shows you build a champion by accumulating picks. Take a look at the Herschel Walker deal. Is there a better example? Or the Walsh years of the 90s. Or the current Patriots approach. Just sit back and watch the Redskins crash and burn under all those FA signings that will kill their cap number in a couple of years.

The fact is, there is tremendous pressure to win now in Buffalo and Miami, not exactly an environment conducive to creating a 5-year plan.

i have to agree

FlyingElvis said:

I think both the Dolphins and the Bills have taken the wrong approach to the draft the last couple of years. Both have traded future picks in an attempt to get better now. Yet history shows you build a champion by accumulating picks. .
Other than the Drew and Losman trade picks, what picks did we give up that implies we have not tried toget better in the future. Did we not pick Mcgahee and sat his a$$ to rehabilitate him for the future? Did we not trade Winfield for a no.1? Did we not pick up Losman for the future? Clements, Reed, Kelsay and drafted Evans as well?

When we traded for Drew, there was no other qb out there that was better than him at that time. Van Pelt would not have done anything that year . That was the year that Drew went to the probowl , no?

I think you are lookng at the wrong team when you say the bills mortgage their future by trading picks. Remember , this team was in cap hell w/ 24 million in dead cap. In 2001 we went 3-13 because of it. We definitely needed immediate help via FAcy. I think the bills have been balanced in both FA'cy and the draft.

AmishJihad said:
Well in that case, Kansas City must be ready for a top 5 as well. The Eagles last year didnt end up with a Top 5. To say our 1st rounder this year will be top 5 after 2 games is ignorant.

Oh wait, your a Jets fan. I'm terribly sorry. You know plenty well about top 5 picks. BTW, we'll see how well the Jets do when they actually play a contender. :shakeno:
Your team sucks, it's not out of the realm of possibility to think it can be Top 5, at least Top 10.

And if Losman pans out there's nothing wrong, but I doubt the Bills expected things to turn out like this

Yeah, and since the last time the Jets had a top 5 pick was in 1996.
Just 8 years ago
(2002 draft, the Jets moved up in. They didnt earn that #4 pick by sucking. In fact they won the AFC East, something the Bills havent done in a long time)

Icer said:
Your team sucks, it's not out of the realm of possibility to think it can be Top 5, at least Top 10.
Just as well, what was the Jets record at this point in 02? 1-1, and looking bad.

2001 Pats. 0-2 and their franchise QB out for majority of the year.

2003 Eagles. 0-2 and a dismal looking offense.

1998 Bills. 0-3, beat a 3-0 49ers team, and won 11 out of its last 13 games.

All of the above teams made the playoffs or better. :eek:

There's 14 games left. Thats a TON of football. I'm not giving Dallas a Top 20 yet.

BTW, again, we'll see how well your boys do when they actually play a good team.

AmishJihad said:
For the first time in recorded history, I agree with you, except for point #4. Bledsoe played efficiently against Jax and made no glaring mistakes. Granted, its only one game.

I agree, but he also couldn't get it done in crunch time. I think the FB was open and a more confident QB would have thrown the ball.

I don't know if it is the scheme or the QB, but Drew is playing too tentative.

BTW, your offensive line is looking better than ours right now. I've never seen so many jail breaks to the QB as I saw Sunday night. Our only hope is that some of that can be attibuted to unfamiliarity and two guys that were not starting (McIntosh, Carey) may help out.

Buffalo has limited personel options on the OL. What is the word on Villarrial?

AmishJihad said:
Just as well, what was the Jets record at this point in 02? 1-1, and looking bad.

2001 Pats. 0-2 and their franchise QB out for majority of the year.

2003 Eagles. 0-2 and a dismal looking offense.

1998 Bills. 0-3, beat a 3-0 49ers team, and won 11 out of its last 13 games.

All of the above teams made the playoffs or better. :eek:

There's 14 games left. Thats a TON of football. I'm not giving Dallas a Top 20 yet.

BTW, again, we'll see how well your boys do when they actually play a good team.
Yeah, and? I'm sure you'll find 10x the amount of teams that 0-2 was a sign of things to come.

Ok, we'll see how the Jets do against a good team.
Too bad that wont be here until Week 7
Since all we get to play is Miami, Buffalo, and the 49ers before the Patriots

Since all we get to play is Miami, Buffalo, and the 49ers before the Patriots[/QUOTE]
good call icer, i guess we'll have to wait until week 7 to know for sure.:tongue:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I agree, but he also couldn't get it done in crunch time. I think the FB was open and a more confident QB would have thrown the ball.

I don't know if it is the scheme or the QB, but Drew is playing too tentative.

BTW, your offensive line is looking better than ours right now. I've never seen so many jail breaks to the QB as I saw Sunday night. Our only hope is that some of that can be attibuted to unfamiliarity and two guys that were not starting (McIntosh, Carey) may help out.

Buffalo has limited personel options on the OL. What is the word on Villarrial?
The TV replay shows Shelton as wide open, but just outside the frame is a safety sitting on the route (i've seen this in still photos) in addition to the two blitzing LB's in his face.

Villarial had a leg contusion, he'll be fine for the Pats.

Icer said:
Since all we get to play is Miami, Buffalo, and the 49ers before the Patriots
VILMA51 said:
good call icer, i guess we'll have to wait until week 7 to know for sure.:tongue:
But your :barf: vaunted offense will finally play a pair of top 10 defenses in Miami and Buffalo before the Patriots.

AmishJihad said:
But your :barf: vaunted offense will finally play a pair of top 10 defenses in Miami and Buffalo before the Patriots.
And? The jets could beat them both just scoring 14 the way you two teams play "offense" or whatever you guys put out there is.

AmishJihad said:
The TV replay shows Shelton as wide open, but just outside the frame is a safety sitting on the route (i've seen this in still photos) in addition to the two blitzing LB's in his face.

A confident QB would have thrown the ball to a spot that only the FB had a chance to get. He needed to make a quick decision and make the throw even before Shelton gets to the endzone. A safety probably does not stop Shelton from getting into the endzone.

BTW, I hated the play call. On the most important play of the game, how is Shelton your only option?????? SHELTON????? If he is covered, you just fall down and take the sack? How about a fade to Moulds? A run by McGahee? After the fake handoff, why doesn't the RB go out for a pass on the other side?

That coaching staff has been trying to be too cute.

What's wrong with Buffalo? Here's my answer. Buffalo is learning a new system. The coaching staff is keeping things relatively vanilla at this point except for a few trick plays (Mularkey's trademark)most of which haven't worked. The offensive line appears to be able to handle the defensive line and give adequate protection to the QB if there is little blitzing, as happened in the Jaguars game, but blitz pickup is horrible as in the Raiders game. Buffalo looks afraid to even attempt a deep pass that might force the safeties off the line of scrimmage a bit and open up both the running game and short passing game. Bledsoe is still immobile and can't throw with any kind of accuracy while moving. Travis Henry has struggled with vision. If the hole is not where it is designed to be he doesn't seem able to bounce it somewhere else. He is also struggling with blocking assignments (part of the whole blitz pickup issue). The coaches seem reluctant to give McGahee much playing time as if afraid to give rise to a RB controversy. The coaching staff appeared to be totally unprepared for Oakland's heavy bliltzing strategy and called an amazingly few of the kind of plays that teams typically use to thwart heavy blitzing defenses: draw plays, screen passes, quick hittling slant plays across the middle. Usually reliable Eric Moulds has had both drops and fumbles.

Back
Top Bottom