Bills Clinch AFC East Cellar | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Clinch AFC East Cellar

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
With the Bills loss to the Patriots yesterday, the Bills have officially clinched 4th place in the AFC East for the second straight season. The Bills currently sit at 5-9 and while they technically could still finish tied with the Dolphins and Jets at 7-9, the Bills lose all tie-breakers.

First tie-breaker is head to head, which the Dolphins and Jets both split with the Bills. The second tie-breaker is division record where Miami would win the tie-breaker 4-2 to the Bills 2-4. The Jets also went 2-4 in the division, so the tie-breaker would go to step three which is record in common games. The common games tie-breaker would also be a tie as the Jets would have gone 6-8 and so would the Bills. Step four is conference record where the Jets would finally win 5-7 to 4-8.

So, as you can see, the Bills have clinched the cellar of the AFC East and therefore the Bills know their two undecided games in 2010(AFC West and AFC South) will also be against division cellar dwellers. The AFC West opponent seems to be a trip to Kansas City, though there is still a shot at the game being at the Oakland Raiders. The game against the South is still way up in the air as it could be a home game against the Titans, Jaguars or Texans.

Did you just actually bust out tie breakers when discussing last place?
When figuring out the 2010 schedule, yes you may need to use tie-breakers. The Bills are locked into 4th place and now they are just one step closer to figuring out their 2010 schedule.

Don't know if you were just trying to be rude or if you are just that clueless.

Congrats JILLS, here's to another successful season!!!!

Oh well, we'll have a better draft pick than the Jets and Dolphins, and neither of them will be in the playoffs either. We'll get a little easier schedule too.

It's not like we were going to the playoffs this year anyway, everyone knew that before the season.

Oh well, we'll have a better draft pick than the Jets and Dolphins, and neither of them will be in the playoffs either. We'll get a little easier schedule too.

It's not like we were going to the playoffs this year anyway, everyone knew that before the season.
Bills fans have had the same tune after the 2000 season, the 2001 season, the 2002 season, the 2003 season, the 2004 season, the 2005 season, the 2006 season, the 2007 season, the 2008 season and now the 2009 season.

See the pattern?

haha braggin about having a higher draft pick. Thats classic.:lol2:

I guess Browns fans got bragging rights on the Bills though. Man, do I envy the Browns:lol:

Who was bragging? I was pointing out a simple fact.

If the Bills, Jets and Dolphins all miss the playoffs (which they will) wouldn't you rather have the highest pick atleast?

Nobody is saying you should envy the Bills, I'm just saying atleast we'll have a higher pick.

But congrats on finishing with a better record (if you can even do that) and still missing the playoffs.

Bills fans have had the same tune after the 2000 season, the 2001 season, the 2002 season, the 2003 season, the 2004 season, the 2005 season, the 2006 season, the 2007 season, the 2008 season and now the 2009 season.

See the pattern?

Yeah, what do you want me as a fan to do about it?

See the pattern?

Awfully ****y seeing that Miami has had one post-season appearance in the last eight seasons. Better days are coming to Buffalo, starting in 2010.

Awfully ****y seeing that Miami has had one post-season appearance in the last eight seasons. Better days are coming to Buffalo, starting in 2010.
One in the last eight, but three in the past ten. Still pretty bad, but still three more trips then the Bills.

The Bills got shut-out this decade. Now that has to hurt.

So, this thread was just an excuse to point and laugh at Bills fans? I thought we were going to discuss schedules, and such.

Back
Top Bottom