Bills continue to own!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills continue to own!!!

cltchperf said:
I'm just saying not neccesarily to you but maybe Wagoncircler to not be a hypocrite, even thought that might be hard for some. I didn't say Losman wasn't an upgrade from Bledsoe, I think he is. It does help when you special teams does an amzing job, and puts the offense on the other teams 30 or 20 yard line too. The Bills D had a much easier job to defend the Packers offense when Rodgers came in, he was not too accurate, and he played pretty ****ty. Good depth on the D though.

You are saying what Bills fans have been saying, Bills D and Special teams will give Losman many shortfields. Losman's mobility and Parrish in the slot will make our defense even better. It is amazing how good our D was last year despite Bledsoe's frequent 3 and outs.

Also, if you are a fan of special teams watch for Jason Peters. He was a TE that went undrafted last year but ran a 4.8 40 at 320 lbs! He is now our backup Left Tackle and actually got some reps with the Bills first stringers last night. However, he is a DEMON on special teams. He runs full speed down the field and demolishes the LB's, Safeties, Runningbacks trying to get down the field. I didn't see it but everyone that did was mentioning he knocked out 2 Packers on that first long kickoff return.

I'll remind you like I try and remind most Dolphin fans around here, it is just pre-season.

In short do not count your chickens before they hatch my friend. It's great advice, really.

ohall said:
I'll remind you like I try and remind most Dolphin fans around here, it is just pre-season.

In short do not count your chickens before they hatch my friend. It's great advice, really.

You mean these games don't really count?

:lol:

Losman has happy feet in the pocket. He looks at his first 2 reads then takeoffs. But all with time I guess. I'll judge losman in 2yrs

No you'll Judge Losman when he throw's a bomb deep for a T.D. against Miami and then turns around and break's a 15 yard run in the redzone for another T.D.!!!

ohall said:

I'm not counting chickens or Super Bowls. I leave that to twelve-year-olds and Jests fans on GangGreen.com.

Here's why I think that the Bills are going to be in the thick of the hunt for the AFC East title based on their performance in the first two preseason games:

1. JP Losman. Tom Brady and Ben Rothlisberger proved that with good coaching, a youngster can take a good team deep into the playoffs -- and maybe win. Losman has handled himself as well as those two did in their debut seasons. He gives the Bills the added weapon of a mobile QB, especially down near the goal line.

2. Discipline. The Bills had a truckload of penalties at Indy. They had 8 in the GB game, including only 2 in the first half. They had only 1 "false start" and 1 "too many men" (both in the second half). They had no really stupid penalties like "roughing the passer", "excessive celebration", "late hits" etc. Only 1 fumble, and that was recovered by the Bills, and it was, again, by second teamers. No INTs.

3. Opportunism. Playing a "short field" because the D forced a turnover or the ST made a great return is nothing new for the Bills because they had that last year. The difference is that too often last year they had to settle for FGs rather than TDs. Against GB, the first team offense scored 10 points off good returns and the second team offense scored another TD off an interception.

4. Depth. New England proved that a good coaching system and a relentless hunt for talent can turn into depth at key positions. The Bills had four undrafted free agents contribute to the team in 2004, and they've got another good crop of UFAs this year because the word's gotten out that the Bills give everybody they bring to camp a real shot to make the team. Some of the kids that get cut by the Bills will catch on elsewhere; they're that good. Especially good depth: DBs, backup RBs, and LBs (probably all of the veteran backups could be starting elsewhere).

5. Coaching staff. Mularkey is a low key guy on the side-lines, and, I suspect, at practices, too. So, when he does raise his voice, players listen. He's not getting overly excited, and that seems to be reflected in the players, especially the youngsters. This also seems to be a coaching staff that's filled with teachers, and it shows in the development of Losman, in the re-emergence of Mike Williams (and the general improvement in the oline) as well as all the talent on the defense.

6. Improvement in kicking game. Ryan Lindell seems to have worked on strengthening his leg. He kicked two nice ones against GB and only missed a second 54-yarder (it had the distance, though!). A kicker with confidence can help a good team "steal" a win or two during the season and is essential for a playoff run.

cltchperf said:
I loved how J.P took that stroll in the endzone I thought that was funny which would have been a safety had the Bills not had a break, and had the holding from the packers, don't get too ahead of yourself there. Your team has one hell of a special teams, huge returns in the game, and McGahee is a great back. Aaron Rodgers sucked, though, Favre marched right down the field and scored a td, Green ran through too. Favre played for a very brief time though. J.P made some nice throws, little passes here and there, but this is the packers D, and the never blitzed, of course teams don't blitz much in preseason but Chicago, Jax, and even Pittsburgh, at times blitzed, and there's quite a difference between Pittsburgh's D, Jax D, and Ind and G.B's D. The O-line did a great job on one play where Losman had like 10 seconds to throw the ball, he got jittery and at the last moment throw the ball away, since the SP did such a great job, Losman played from the Packers 30 0r 20 most of the times, short drives, and some that should be gimmes but end up being a field goal, or taking a half hour moving 20 yards for a score, so calm yourself down there. Lindell has one hell of a leg, making a 54 yard field goal, and just missing the last one later.

I hate to break it to you, but thats all he NEEDS to do.

I mean, its not like a team has ever won the SB with great D, great RB, great STs...

Losman7 said:
Another W for the Bills, nop big mistakes fo our young QB (no fumbles ;) )

The d looked solid after the first drive, but we always started slow, so no big deal.

Losman is gonna be a balla!!!
Im Happy for you the Bills are doing well in pre-season Im sure its more comforting than what the fins have had....but I would hold the crowing for a bit until the regular season starts.

ThaBills03 said:
No you'll Judge Losman when he throw's a bomb deep for a T.D. against Miami and then turns around and break's a 15 yard run in the redzone for another T.D.!!!

Wrong!

:sleep:

zeke0123 said:
Im Happy for you the Bills are doing well in pre-season Im sure its more comforting than what the fins have had....but I would hold the crowing for a bit until the regular season starts.

preseason don't count? :lol:

Wait, is this thread really about Bills fans boasting about the pre-season?! Please say it isn't so. That would be the lamest thing of all-time. This can't be. Wagon Circler, please clarify this thread for me, lol.

Dirtywater said:
Wait, is this thread really about Bills fans boasting about the pre-season?! Please say it isn't so. That would be the lamest thing of all-time. This can't be. Wagon Circler, please clarify this thread for me, lol.
Thanks DW the current situation the fins are in greatly hampers my ability to talk smack.Glad someone with a bit better situation layed some down.

zeke0123 said:
Thanks DW the current situation the fins are in greatly hampers my ability to talk smack.Glad someone with a bit better situation layed some down.

Actually, I'm not even talking smack. I don't care if the Pats went 4-0 in the pre-season, outscored every opponent 41-0 and sustained zero injuries.... all coming after winning back-to-back Super Bowls. I'd still be concerned (as I am) about my team. Boasting wouldn't even enter my mind! It's the pre-season and it means jack-squat! Teams are not playing to win, they are playing to evalute personel in situations. Teams are not playing like an actual game, and that is from both the team you root for and the team you're playing. Anyone who knows anything about the game would know this.

Boasting about anything to do with the pre-season is pure comedy. How many teams do well in the (I can barely contain my laughter here) pre-season and then are mediocre or average come regular season. It is not a pre-cursor to actual results.

I was just in amazment after reading some of this. I respect all you guys, but seriously, please don't boast about pre-season. That also goes for individual players. Cassell has looked great for us in the pre-season, but you put that chump (and that's what he is as he's a rookie who's never played a down in an NFL game) in a game and he would probably be average to bad. You just can't base anything off the pre-season. It's about Sundays.

You guys are better than that.

Yeah, preseason scores are worthless, but player evaluation is not.

The bills and their fans have been starved for a playoff win for sometime now. A lot of people are just excited about the potential of our team in the upcoming season.

I'm not predicting super bowl, but it's a lot nicer to watch your team and it's players do well in the preseason, rather than doing awful in the preseason (sorry fin fans).

However, like DW said, a preseason win is nothing to brag about.

Back
Top Bottom