Bills cut players | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills cut players

Eh? They are going to lose a bunch of players who played a lot of snaps for them and they are getting to the point that they only have a couple of guys to restructure and then they are into Saints territory of restructuring restructures.
Snap count on guys they cut or are hitting free agency.

Mitch Morse - 1129
Jordan Poyer - 987
Gabe Davis - 966
Micah Hyde - 797
Tyrel Dodson - 549 was brilliant in replacing Milano, I hope the Dolphins check him out
Tre White - 182
DaQuan Jones - 174
Deonte Hardy - 155 but a really good returner

That's 6 really good starters (7 if you count Dodson filling in for Milano as he will start somewhere this season but admittedly 2 of them got injured). I know people will say they are old and they need to move on from them but it's still a very talented group.

This is the start of another rebuild for the Bills imho.

Milano and Jones were cut too? Must’ve missed that.

Eh? They are going to lose a bunch of players who played a lot of snaps for them and they are getting to the point that they only have a couple of guys to restructure and then they are into Saints territory of restructuring restructures.
Snap count on guys they cut or are hitting free agency.

Mitch Morse - 1129
Jordan Poyer - 987
Gabe Davis - 966
Micah Hyde - 797
Tyrel Dodson - 549 was brilliant in replacing Milano, I hope the Dolphins check him out
Tre White - 182
DaQuan Jones - 174
Deonte Hardy - 155 but a really good returner

That's 6 really good starters (7 if you count Dodson filling in for Milano as he will start somewhere this season but admittedly 2 of them got injured). I know people will say they are old and they need to move on from them but it's still a very talented group.

This is the start of another rebuild for the Bills imho.

I'd love for us to sign Dodson too. He really stood out on game days.

Milano and Jones were cut too? Must’ve missed that.
Didn't say Milano and yes, DaQuan Jones is going to be a FA as his contract has expired. I said the guy who replaced Milano (Dodson) is going to be a FA and Miami should definitely be sniffing around him.

Yeah, sure. How many Superbowls have they been to?

That doesn’t change the fact that Allen can carry a team. Now once he can’t run, he won’t be able to but as long as he can, they can win the division every year with a mediocre roster.

Didn't you? Do you just commonly talk about things before understanding them?

You see this post:

They are restructuring restructures also. Still trying to figure out how bad this Von Miller rework is going to f*ck them.

See that still trying to figure out how bad part in bold? You know, the part where they havent released his incentives yet. Yeah. That. So perhaps before you claim hes taking a paycut and parroting MM, perhaps wait to see what the actual info is. K. Thx.

That doesn’t change the fact that Allen can carry a team. Now once he can’t run, he won’t be able to but as long as he can, they can win the division every year with a mediocre roster.
They took the ball out of his hands last season and the defence carried them to the playoffs. The defence they have just blown up. I'm not convinced they can win with a mediocre roster and Allen running, he's had a top 10 defence his whole career so far.

He's 28 this year and if you look at a lot of the great running QB's their rushing yards and YPC started falling off a cliff after 28, it will be interesting if the same happens to Allen as the Bills are just coming to his expensive part of this contract now. I'm not sure I'd like to have Allen counting $50M+ against the cap if he has to start throwing more from the pocket.

The Bills could release every one of their starters not named Allen and some on this board would revel in how that team is doing it right, dumping high priced old veterans and replenishing through the draft with young rookie contracts. They would still be better than the lowly Dolphins. Because, of course, everybody not named Chris Grier nails EVERY SINGLE ONE of their draft picks. It's hilarious to me to see people on this board saying what is happening in Buffalo is no big deal, they're okay, but looking at our situation as the most dire in the NFL. The grass is always greener syndrome. You think our window closed....Buffalo's is only still open due to having Allen, and he ain't won s*&t with the talent they are gonna be unloading the next year or two.

Granted, until we consistently beat them, none of this matters....but Buffalo is definitely trending 👇 and I like to see it.

This Von Miller restructure is fascinating. Buffalo is betting against their own player. Basically, they are saying if you don't get sacks we save money (bad for team). If you do get a bunch of sacks we are going to get abused in cap (bad for team).

Also, he is coming with some heavy dead cap hits after this year. $21MM moving forward and more if they convert his 7M this year which they may have to to get under cap and/or sign anyone.

Guaranteed:
- 2024 renegotiation lowered base salary from $17.145M to $1.5M
- 2024 Roster Bonus: $7M (may be converted to signing bonus, TBD) - If they choose, they can spread this out over the rest of his dead cap, but thats where it gets more interesting because he isn't expected to be kept after this year.

Incentives:

Sack Incentives (non-cumulative)
2: $1M
4: $2.5M
6: $4M
8: $6M
10.5: $8.645M
15: $9.645M

$1.5M for an AFC Championship Win + 30%+ snaps + 12 regular season snaps

MujQ13O.jpeg

Buffalo is in a real tough spot right now. This year and it gets much worse moving forward.

type set GIF

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom