Bills fans in dream land - stupidest thread ever | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills fans in dream land - stupidest thread ever

ghost_hacker

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I had the displeasure of reading the "Bills fans in dream land" thread and wanted to throw up. Henry has been in the top 10 of RB's for 2 straight years and was in the top 4 in 2002.

He only averaged 100 yards less a YEAR than Ricky Williams. So he averaged 6 yds less a game.

And the funny thing is he would have had the same or MORE than Ricky if it wasnt for the fact that we have Drew Bledsoe and Gregg Williams last year and they are PASS HAPPY. While Miami only threw the ball about 340 times last year (attempts) Buffalo threw it 471 times.

Henry ran the ball 331 times - Ricky ran the ball 392 times.

OH YEAH - and throughout there careers Henry has a 4.1 YPC and Ricky has a 4.0 YPC.

Last year - Ricky had a 3.5 and Henry had 4.1 ...

NOW - I AM NOT DISSIN RICKY WILLIAMS. He is a GREAT player but you are just stupid if you think (and I saw a TON of dolphins fans thought this in the other thread) that Henry isnt good.

I nominate THIS as the stupidest thread ever. Couldn't you have just clicked reply?

You forget that teams stacked the line when playing the dolphins. When a defense played the bills they weren't constantly stuffing 8 in the box because they were afraid of Henry... whereas when playing the phins the opposing teams defense concentrated soley on stopping RW. Don't get me wrong... Henry is an awesome back... but teams definitely weren't concentrating on stopping Henry as they were with stopping Ricky.

ghost_hacker said:
I had the displeasure of reading the "Bills fans in dream land" thread and wanted to throw up. Henry has been in the top 10 of RB's for 2 straight years and was in the top 4 in 2002.
Henry was #5 in 2002 and #11 in 2003. That is in rushing yards. When you factor in the fumbles and lack of any production as a receiver his value drops.

BrettPKT said:
You forget that teams stacked the line when playing the dolphins. When a defense played the bills they weren't constantly stuffing 8 in the box because they were afraid of Henry... whereas when playing the phins the opposing teams defense concentrated soley on stopping RW. Don't get me wrong... Henry is an awesome back... but teams definitely weren't concentrating on stopping Henry as they were with stopping Ricky.

So....you're saying that teams were afraid of Drew? Or, Moulds with a torn groin? Also, 8 men in a box means that one missed tackle results in a LOT of big runs for RW.

New England Fin said:
Henry was #5 in 2002 and #11 in 2003. That is in rushing yards. When you factor in the fumbles and lack of any production as a receiver his value drops.

He fumbled 3 times last year. And he may not be Thurman Thomas out of the backfield catching passes, he wasn't thrown to nearly what he should have been. Give him more carries and more screen passes, the man can play.

McD said:
He fumbled 3 times last year. And he may not be Thurman Thomas out of the backfield catching passes, he wasn't thrown to nearly what he should have been. Give him more carries and more screen passes, the man can play.
He fumbled 7 times last year (lost 3) - fumbled 11 times in 2002 (lost 8).

He was not a top 10 rusher last year.

There must be a reason they don't throw to him.

New England Fin said:
He fumbled 7 times last year (lost 3) - fumbled 11 times in 2002 (lost 8).

He was not a top 10 rusher last year.

There must be a reason they don't throw to him.

Rushing for 1300+ yds two straight years isn't a small feat, and he can catch a ball. He also had 25 TDs during that span. Drew just never threw his way. Come to think of it Drew didn't throw to anyone last year.

McD said:
Rushing for 1300+ yds two straight years isn't a small feat, and he can catch a ball. He also had 25 TDs during that span. Drew just never threw his way. Come to think of it Drew didn't throw to anyone last year.
He's good, but not a top 8 RB.

McD said:
So....you're saying that teams were afraid of Drew? Or, Moulds with a torn groin? Also, 8 men in a box means that one missed tackle results in a LOT of big runs for RW.
And he had a few big runs... well in '02 he did. RW and Henry played two different types of football... Ricky was used to pound the middle and wear down defenses... Henry was more finesse. I'm not taking anything away from Henry... but there is no way anyone... including yourself (don't lie)... would take Henry over Williams.

BrettPKT said:
And he had a few big runs... well in '02 he did. RW and Henry played two different types of football... Ricky was used to pound the middle and wear down defenses... Henry was more finesse. I'm not taking anything away from Henry... but there is no way anyone... including yourself (don't lie)... would take Henry over Williams.

Tell me right now, who would you rather have? I'd take a healthy non headcased TH over a healthy albeit psycho RW right now. Is RW a more talented RB? I can only assume he is, we can only look at stats and try to compare them somehow. They are different backs in different offenses, but like I said I'd take TH because he's a warrior and not a headcase.

McD

Back
Top Bottom