Bills Name Tyrod Taylor Starting QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Name Tyrod Taylor Starting QB

Great. Another backup QB for the Jills to confound our defense. Haven't we seen that movie before?

That's good for us. Rex still doesn't know QBs. He lifts a QB into the starting job who has never thrown for a TD in the NFL - in 4 years. That QB has not faced any starters in preseason. It was either EJ (1x) or Cassel (2x). He may not be the starting QB when we are playing the Bills.

I personally think that Cassel would have been the better choice for now. But I would have put him on a short leash. Cassel may not be starting material for the duration of a season now but you cannot overlook the experience and his two outstanding season in KC and NE.

Whatever hurts them, helps us and Rex is doing his best to screw up the O in Buffalo as a continuation of his time as a Jets HC.

Not sure what you guys are seeing but the kid has looked great in preseason. I'm worried about him starting

Week 3 rg3 will be there starter.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Not sure what you guys are seeing but the kid has looked great in preseason. I'm worried about him starting

Against backups and 3rd stringers. He maybe good enough to slide by Indy (TBH don't know much about their defense) and give NE a little run but our D will have him for lunch. I am happy with that decision. Let Taylor start.

Even our back up D line is good with Shelby and Fede. This D is going to be fun to watch

National media saying Rex was "conservative" and would go with Cassel. Tyrod Taylor flat out won the job. He has shown great leadership and the players respond to him.

For those that are interested, here is a video on Tyrod before the draft.

[video=vimeo;23294122]https://vimeo.com/23294122[/video]

Tyrod was a BALLER in college(plus he's had a great pre season ). So I am not surprised he beat out Cassell/EJ. The Bills are gonna be tough to beat this year. but I still like our chances in the home opener.

That's good for us. Rex still doesn't know QBs. He lifts a QB into the starting job who has never thrown for a TD in the NFL - in 4 years. That QB has not faced any starters in preseason. It was either EJ (1x) or Cassel (2x). He may not be the starting QB when we are playing the Bills.

I personally think that Cassel would have been the better choice for now. But I would have put him on a short leash. Cassel may not be starting material for the duration of a season now but you cannot overlook the experience and his two outstanding season in KC and NE.

Whatever hurts them, helps us and Rex is doing his best to screw up the O in Buffalo as a continuation of his time as a Jets HC.

Tyrod has had the most reps vs. the oppositions 1's this preseason. He never ran with the 3's. Not sure who you are talking about?

He was the fans preference and was at least as effective as Cassel in preseason so no surprise Rex named him the starter. We know the scheme will be to run the football the majority of the time and Taylor fits right into that scheme. Only time will tell if he can withstand the beating he may take. He does have a good arm and is fairly accurate but its hard to get a feel for his pre and post snap decision making yet.

I don't get overly excited about preseason performances because defenses are very vanilla, starters are playing less each year and they are not going all out. The Bills went 9-7 with EJ so there is no reason to think they won't at least match that. I think there is a real chance 3 AFC East teams make the playoffs and the Bills would be one of them.

If you watched the bills games in the preseason. It was a no brainer to name Tyrod Taylor the starter. The guy's been gettin major praise since the start of training camp. Pretty sure the majority of his snaps in the preseason were against the 1st and 2nd team defenses. I know it's just the preseason and he may fold up in the regular season when defenses really turn it on. But from what I saw, he goes through his progressions well, he's very elusive, and even though he's a very good runner, he seems to keep his eyes down field when he is forced to escape pressure.
The bills definitely make me nervous this year. There defensive line has absolutely owned us the past two years. Now there offense looks to be much improved and some of there most explosive players haven't seen the field much this preseason.
We definitely need to handle our business in the home opener against them, have a feeling they're gonna be a tough team to beat twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom