Bills Taking Hard Line On Peters | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Taking Hard Line On Peters

Brassmonki14120

Ο πόνος αισθήματος καταπίνει το πέος
Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/19/bills-taking-hard-line-on-peters/#comments

Bills left tackle Jason Peters has been absent from everything this off-season — organized team activities, minicamp, training camp and now the start of the preesason.

It doesn’t appear that the Bills miss him enough to offer him the contract he wants.

Bills chief operating officer Russ Brandon has said there is nothing to talk about and will be nothing to talk about until Peters reports, and Tim Graham of ESPN.com reports, citing an unnamed source, that the Bills are more committed than ever to their hard-line stance on Peters.

Per Graham, the Bills have liked the way their first-string offense has looked without Peters in the preseason. And the team seems to think that, having already given Peters a raise once since signing him as an undrafted free agent in 2004, there’s no need to give him a raise again.

The bottom line seems to be that the Bills aren’t budging, and that means that Peters is either going to report to play under his current contract or not report — and not get paid — at all.

The bills will have to pay him eventually. I do not like Peters replacement. Preseason is one thing, but the regular season is completly diffrent.

The bills just want to sign Evans first, then look to Peters. I think they are also looking ahead and trying to set an example for any other players who plan to hold out for more money.

I wouldn't give him a thing until he shows up to camp. Who knows what kind of shape hes in, or what his health is or anything.

The bills will have to pay him eventually. I do not like Peters replacement. Preseason is one thing, but the regular season is completly diffrent.

The bills just want to sign Evans first, then look to Peters. I think they are also looking ahead and trying to set an example for any other players who plan to hold out for more money.

Langston is doing fine so far so I wouldn't worry too much at all

Our line looked great against the Steelers

Even Kirk looked good at RT

The Bills are 100% right in taking this stance. Peters had a raise two years ago and he should be grateful for everything he's gotten. Be a man, honor your entire contract and then earn a new contract.

Michael

And there the Bills sit with one of the lowest cap numbers in the league and they have a player like Peters who may not have proven he can be the best in the league, but has made plenty of noise at his position. And they scratch their heads and wonder "why not us, why can't we win a SB"? Geeee, I wonder.

The Bills are 100% right in taking this stance. Peters had a raise two years ago and he should be grateful for everything he's gotten. Be a man, honor your entire contract and then earn a new contract.

Michael

2 years ago may as well be a former life in NFL terms. It seems players want new contracts/extentions every few years (especially those who think they are underpaid). They pocket a nice "signing bonus" check and keep on playing.

It was to be expected. He wont miss any regular season games. I dont think any NFL player will sit out a season (and miss out on game checks). He will just be pissed off and be a pain in the *** to resign later.

2 years ago may as well be a former life in NFL terms. It seems players want new contracts/extentions every few years (especially those who think they are underpaid). They pocket a nice "signing bonus" check and keep on playing.

It was to be expected. He wont miss any regular season games. I dont think any NFL player will sit out a season (and miss out on game checks). He will just be pissed off and be a pain in the *** to resign later.

Yes, two years is a lifetime in the NFL, but as Deep2Evans points out, what type of shape will he be in if he skips all of training camp? The offensive line has to be the most cohesive unit on the field at all times and his absence will affect timing, thereby limiting the entire team's overall effectiveness (the less the offense is on the field, the more the defense is, etc.) And what good would he be to the team is he's running out of gas in the middle of the 3rd quarter?

And off-topic, I have to say: I loved going to see the Dolphins play in Buffalo. I saw them there twice (one win and one loss) and the crowd was so much fun to be with and not once did anyone five me flak for wearing all my Dolphin gear. I hope the Bills stay in Buffalo and hope to go again in 2009.

Michael

And there the Bills sit with one of the lowest cap numbers in the league and they have a player like Peters who may not have proven he can be the best in the league, but has made plenty of noise at his position. And they scratch their heads and wonder "why not us, why can't we win a SB"? Geeee, I wonder.

Would you want Miami handing out big money to a player that refuses to let team doctors examine him after coming off surgery? Didn't think so.

Would you want Miami handing out big money to a player that refuses to let team doctors examine him after coming off surgery? Didn't think so.

Yeah, besides everyone knows how unselfish RW is. It's why the Bills get players like Stroud, they're cheap and past their prime. But Bill fans act like he's the player he was 4 years ago. It totally makes sense too when you consider Jacksonville wanted him so badly, that they'd give up such a huge talent for a 3rd round pick.

Yeah, besides everyone knows how unselfish RW is. It's why the Bills get players like Stroud, they're cheap and past their prime. But Bill fans act like he's the player he was 4 years ago. It totally makes sense too when you consider Jacksonville wanted him so badly, that they'd give up such a huge talent for a 3rd round pick.

Wow. Not even giving Stroud a chance to prove himself.

Are you serious? Do you even read your board? When was the last time Ricky Williams did anything? 4 years ago.

Marcus Stroud was playing great last year to start, although he was suspended for roids after that. We will just have to wait and see, but dont be a hypocrite.

And also, the Bills are in the middle of negotiating contracts for Lee Evans and Angelo Crowell, are they supposed to drop everything and tell those players who did everything right they have to stop negotiations because Jason Peters is holding out?

Evans and Crowell by the way are team captains, so I doubt the Bills would do that to them.

And also, all the DT's went for the same price, a 3rd and a 5th. Rogers, Jenkins, and Stroud.

Yeah, besides everyone knows how unselfish RW is. It's why the Bills get players like Stroud, they're cheap and past their prime. But Bill fans act like he's the player he was 4 years ago.

:sidelol::sidelol:

Says the guy with a Ricky freakin Williams sig. Unreal.

And there sit the Fins, in last place in the AFC East, again, getting swept by the "lowly" Bills the last two season, and losing 5 of the last 6 meetings.

Then they wonder, after drafting 2nd Round QBs ever year, why their QBs suck, and why they had one of the most embarrassing seasons ever in the NFL.

Heres to 3 years in a row of us sweeping the Fish!

Back
Top Bottom