Bills Taking Hard Line On Peters | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Taking Hard Line On Peters

I disagree I don't think they've made the playoffs since '01. I guess we can be happy they got there. Even made it to the 2nd rd in two of those seasons. Though I think it was easier to make the playoffs because their were only 3 divisions. The 9-7 team really was very average but got in and got to play another very average team in the Seahawks. I tend to not want to remember the 62-7 thrashing that came after it. The Raiders game I really thought the Dolphins were going to play it close than Fiedler lofted a ball that Pennington would laugh at and it was returned for 6. The Ravens game never was close. I just don't think they've been a good team. Really they've been a major dissapointment in two of those seasons when they were atleast one of the favorites to make it to the SB. The Bills haven't had those expectations. Though I think the Bills team that lost to the Titans I believe in '99 was a better team than any of the mentioned Dolphins team. Even a few years back the Bills choked away a playoff game when an unknown Willie Parker tore them up. My point is I don't think we as Dolphins fans can criticize other teams for not being good. Bringing up all-time record or past success IMO is what fans do when their team isn't very good.

I didn't say we were a SB team, I said we've been a good team.

Lol, as a Dolphins' fan, I'm on your side on this one. Pretty damn amazing how our fans still think we have Ricky of 2002-03.

Well that's fair, remind Bill fans Stroud hasn't been a probowler in the last 4 years, but they seem convinced he is now that he's a Bill.

I didn't say we were a SB team, I said we've been a good team.[/quote

I tend not too look to far into the past. Though like most what has happened recently sticks into my mind. Smack talk between Bills and Dolphins fans really is just strange to me. Neither has been very good. Now i'll go into the past and Kelly vs Marino was great. Eventhough the Bills seemed to win and they'd run a damn end-around for 40 yds everytime. If we want to get further into it the year Miami lost the AFC Championship game to the Bills in Miami was the year I thought the Phins were the best team in the AFC. Now we're arguing over whose been the better average team or really who has had more incompetetant GM's. For the record it's Donahoe but Jerry Butler tanked his last draft. Neither team has been very good and it's just pointless IMO, to say "well we won a SB 30 years ago so obviously we've got bragging rights."

Well that's fair, remind Bill fans Stroud hasn't been a probowler in the last 4 years, but they seem convinced he is now that he's a Bill.

hard to tell with Stroud as he's been injured and suspended the last couple years. Course, the Jags were willing to let Stroud go because he didn't fit their new system.

I think Stroud could be a good pickup for the Bills, I like it a lot more than Jenkins for the Jets (Guy whose had weight problems in recent years, 2 torn ACLs, and is not the run stuffer he once was is now expected to be a NT?)

hard to tell with Stroud as he's been injured and suspended the last couple years. Course, the Jags were willing to let Stroud go because he didn't fit their new system.

I think Stroud could be a good pickup for the Bills, I like it a lot more than Jenkins for the Jets (Guy whose had weight problems in recent years, 2 torn ACLs, and is not the run stuffer he once was is now expected to be a NT?)

I like Ricky's chances a heck of a lot more then Strouds.

I like Ricky's chances a heck of a lot more then Strouds.

Why? Stroud's issues the last couple of years have been injuries and suspensions but at least he's been around the game. Ricky's been god knows where doing god knows what. He's 31 years old, while he doesn't have the wear and tear of other 31 year olds, i don't understand how people just assume he's going to step back in and be a pro-bowl player. Because of some pre-season runs? Give me a break.

Why? Stroud's issues the last couple of years have been injuries and suspensions but at least he's been around the game. Ricky's been god knows where doing god knows what. He's 31 years old, while he doesn't have the wear and tear of other 31 year olds, i don't understand how people just assume he's going to step back in and be a pro-bowl player. Because of some pre-season runs? Give me a break.

I think Ricky can still play well enough to start for the fish but I think his probowl days are behind him.

We'll get to see them going head to head a few times this season.

Stroud was suspended for steroids he was using to help heal his injuries. He has missed games due to injury and he hasn't been a probowler in some years now. The Bills already have one of the worst defenses in the league, there's no way he is so good that he suddenly makes that legit. Not to mention the fact that the Jags gave him upo for a song. If the guy has anywhere near the value Bill fans are trying to convince everyone he has then there's no way the Jags let him go. Obviously the Jags felt he wasn't so good that they wouldn't let him go. I'll promise you had the Bills not stepped up and taken him for that third he was going to be released.

As for Ricky he may have missed the last couple of seasons, but he's still one of the most talented RB's to ever play the game. Ricky won't be used the same way DW used him, his carries will be more limited and he will be used more as a complement to either Ronnie or Patrick, not as the sole RB. If you watched any of the preseason games so far Ricky's running instincts are still there and his burst and power are still there. He likes the coaching staff and he wants to play. He will be a far bigger asset to us, then Stroud will be to the Bills.

I think Ricky can still play well enough to start for the fish but I think his probowl days are behind him.

We'll get to see them going head to head a few times this season.

I'm sure you wish for that, but you have no proof his probowl days are behind him. He has so much god given talent that you don't simply lose it by not playing a couple of seasons. It's pretty clear the last thing a Bill fan wants to see is Ricky running all over them again, not so hard to imagine your opinion Ricky's best days are behind him comes with a huge amount of hope.

To make the team.

Well he's still a Dolphin. I think Beck was caught up in the changes. He wasn't drafted by the current coaching staff. He would have to play lights out to start. Face it not many 1st or 2nd year QB's play lights out. JP Losman suffers this same problem. Even though I think JP has had more then enough of a chance to earn a starting spot, he's just an awful QB. Beck has had just 4 starts as a pro.

Henne has been terrific and Pennington was just signed, it's rather tough on Beck at this point. I don't think Pennington was signed cause the Dolphins have no faith in Beck, I think it was classic BP. He loves his veteran QB's and seeing as he drafted Pennington to start with, there's no chance he was gonna pass on the chance to sign him as a FA. I think Beck has all the tools, I just think it's a case of wrong place, wrong time for him.

Stroud was suspended for steroids he was using to help heal his injuries. He has missed games due to injury and he hasn't been a probowler in some years now. The Bills already have one of the worst defenses in the league, there's no way he is so good that he suddenly makes that legit. Not to mention the fact that the Jags gave him upo for a song. If the guy has anywhere near the value Bill fans are trying to convince everyone he has then there's no way the Jags let him go. Obviously the Jags felt he wasn't so good that they wouldn't let him go. I'll promise you had the Bills not stepped up and taken him for that third he was going to be released.

As for Ricky he may have missed the last couple of seasons, but he's still one of the most talented RB's to ever play the game. Ricky won't be used the same way DW used him, his carries will be more limited and he will be used more as a complement to either Ronnie or Patrick, not as the sole RB. If you watched any of the preseason games so far Ricky's running instincts are still there and his burst and power are still there. He likes the coaching staff and he wants to play. He will be a far bigger asset to us, then Stroud will be to the Bills.

I don't think he was going to be released. That really doesn't matter but I think Bills fan would say that they were missing alot of guys last year on defense. They don't need Stroud to be a great player. They need him to be good and they need McCargo to improve. Thus using the old Gardner/Bowens thing which allows Posluszny who was hurt last year to roam around. This would also open up things for Kelsay who is grossly overpaid and Schobel whose a bit overrated. Last year the Bills were playing with a bunch of guys on defense who should be special teams guys.

I'm not going to put any blind faith into Ricky. Most Dolphins fans IMO, think he's the greatest thing ever. I think alot of us have a little ex-gf syndrome with him. He leaves us we hate him he comes back we love him and allow him to do anything. I don't fault Ricky for not wanting to play football. In all honestly if he had played and not quit been suspended than he'd be on the downside of his career. He can be pretty good but I don't think he'll be an elite player. Now Ronnie Brown on the otherhand....

Actually, since Stroud did go to the Pro Bowl in the 2005 season, Its only been 2006 and 2007 he didn't go.

So the only reason he didn't go was injuries. But, he has had a long time to get healthy this time, unlike 2007. He said he tried to get healthy the wrong way, this time he did it the right way, rest and rehab.

And lets not sugar coat it either, he wasn't just a pro bowler, he was an all-pro, that means he was the best DT in football.

Just like you hope Ricky can be a stud again, i hope Stroud can.

Back
Top Bottom