Bills trading Diggs to Texans | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills trading Diggs to Texans

Seems like the Bills are the winners in this trade.

I think so. Although they certainly aren’t better for it.

The only game Diggs scored a TD in last year that Buffalo won was against Miami week 4.

3 of his 8 TDs we’re against an UDFA, his other 5 TDs came in 5 Buffalo losses.

Interesting that they cut his deal so quickly. Wonder if it was some handshake agreement with Diggs to try to get him to be less of a diva this year.

The Bills select at #28 in the draft followed by the same pick (#60) in R2.

So while, yes, they are likely thinking WR, the truth is that they won't get the top guy(s).
I think we see now why they've been trying to upgrade the OL all offseason. None of their WR's will be able to get open and Allen is going to need 5 seconds in the pocket to find someone.

I don't think they will miss Diggs at all.

He was a pain in the butt me first high maintenance guy who looked to have slipped badly in the 2nd half of the season.

The Buffalo offense was very good without him and likely will be this season too.
A direct result of the Buffalo running game looking better was because teams still had to double team Diggs and know where he was all the time. I don't think people realize how losing Diggs is going to allow defenses to play way different against the Jills. Diggs is still a top 5 route runner in the NFL and now that he's gone opposing defenses will be able to key on the run game more. No rookie is going to step in and fill those shoes.

Josh Allen will do another victory lap in our stadium as we lose to Buffalo for the 31st time out of 32 tries next season.

Diggs or no Diggs. We can't beat them because we can't tackle him.
I'm pretty sure the Fins got rid of Baker for this sole reason.

A direct result of the Buffalo running game looking better was because teams still had to double team Diggs and know where he was all the time. I don't think people realize how losing Diggs is going to allow defenses to play way different against the Jills. Diggs is still a top 5 route runner in the NFL and now that he's gone opposing defenses will be able to key on the run game more. No rookie is going to step in and fill those shoes.
The last 8 games of the year Diggs put up 36 catches for 350 yards and 2 TD's.

Maybe, but I'm more inclined to believe that the Texans are playing 4d chess here. I think this move will get the absolute most out of Diggs for them this year.
And if he walks for a big contract after that one year they'll be in line for a 3rd round comp pick. 4d chess indeed!

Interesting that they cut his deal so quickly. Wonder if it was some handshake agreement with Diggs to try to get him to be less of a diva this year.
That's hilarious , reminds me of these guys below. Diggs is gonna Diggs, and if he doesn't, his brother will Diggs for him. Texans did not need this headache

The Scorpion and the Frog - Fables, Fairy Tales & Social Justice

That's hilarious , reminds me of these guys below. Diggs is gonna Diggs, and if he doesn't, his brother will Diggs for him. Texans did not need this headache

The Scorpion and the Frog - Fables, Fairy Tales & Social Justice
I tend to agree.....Texans have taken on a headache with Diggs.

No doubt he has the skills to be a great receiver at various times. However he has proven that he has the skills to be a negative distraction all the time. My impression was that Buffalo was glad to be rid of him

Back
Top Bottom