Bills waive Watson, | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills waive Watson,

GoBills24 said:
Could've been injured worse if he did play in the two games.

Assuming is a tough thing.

so stats matter even if injuries? cause you do know what happend to Spikes last year dont you?

please, give it up. you know as well as we all know Zach is better then those 2.

GoBills24 said:
Could've been injured worse if he did play in the two games.

Assuming is a tough thing.
And being ignorant to that fact is plain stupid.

Your Bills ranked 31st in run defense all season in 2005, and overall defense 31st as well, allowing 138 rushing yards per game, and 360 yards overall per game. So most of those tackles were likely chasing people from behind, which really is nothing impressive. :rolleyes:

Edit: How ironic, this post is the 31st reply to this topic, which is the overall ranking for the Bills defense last season.

Nappy Roots said:
so stats matter even if injuries? cause you do know what happend to Spikes last year dont you?

please, give it up. you know as well as we all know Zach is better then those 2.
Spikes was injured for 14.5 games, not 2.

LOL, give it up.

It's a close battle between Fletcher-Thomas, and you say "give it up"???

:shakeno:

Edit: Some numbers.

Since the start of the millenium,

Thomas - 524 tackles
Fletcher - 583 tackles

In 2003 and 2004, we ranked #2 in total defense.

Still want me to "give it up"????

Vertical Limit said:
And being ignorant to that fact is plain stupid.

Your Bills ranked 31st in run defense all season in 2005, and overall defense 31st as well, allowing 138 rushing yards per game, and 360 yards overall per game. So most of those tackles were likely chasing people from behind, which really is nothing impressive. :rolleyes:

Edit: How ironic, this post is the 31st reply to this topic, which is the overall ranking for the Bills defense last season.

As I said before, Spikes missed 14.5 games.

You think that might make a WEEE bit difference in defensive rankings?

:rolleyes:

chuckcole said:
The number of tackles is not a very good argument. The Bills defense had a lot more snaps than the Fins -- meaning the Bills were on defense more and had more opportunities for tackles. :wink:

For me, I would put Zach a little above Fletcher, Crowder above Crowell, and Spikes above Spragan. But, I think all of these matchups are close.

Well, obviously all of us are homers for our guys. And please don't take anything I'm saying as trash talking. I'm just stating the way I see things. And tackles isn't a good way to measure things because we all know Thoams is the kick of diving on the pile and getting tackles.

Seriously, the best way to measue a LB's worth is big plays they make - tackles for lost, forced fumbles and fumble recoveries, sacks, and ints.

First things first, please don't even say Spikes and Spragan name in the same sentence again. In 2004, Spikes was the best OLB in football, and IMO, the best LB in football. Spikes forced 3 fumbles, had 5 picks, 3 sacks, and 2 tds while playing on the number #2 defense in the NFL. http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12722 Those are amazing numbers for a LB.

The rest I pretty much agree on. I definitely think Fletcher in underrated and Thomas is a little overrated. Still, I give the edge to Thomas. As for Crowell and Crowder, it's pretty much a toss up. They are both young players, though Crowell has made more big plays. Spragan is a career backup who is without a doubt the weak point of your core and doesn't really belong in this discussion.

Spikes is a better athlete than Zach, but they are very equal linebackers IMO. Fletcher is a half step behind them. Crowder is a little better than Crowell, and they're all better than Spragan (who's not horrible) I think overall the Bills have a better LB core, but not by a hell of a lot.

Now front 7? ;) Different story. :)

B-LO said:
Uh, Spikes and Crowell are head and shoulders above Spragan and Crowder, and Fletcher and Thomas are basically even.

Before you all go crazy, here are some stats to think about:

Fletcher has more tackles than any other NFL player over the last 6 years.

Last year, Crowell had 115 tackles, 3 sacks, and 2 INTs. Crowder had 85 tackles, 0 sacks, and 0 INTs.

I don't need to look up stats to prove the Spikes/Spragan argument.
The reason for that, is that the Bills offense is never on the field for more than 3 plays!

BuffaloSoldier2 said:
Well, obviously all of us are homers for our guys. And please don't take anything I'm saying as trash talking. I'm just stating the way I see things. And tackles isn't a good way to measure things because we all know Thoams is the kick of diving on the pile and getting tackles.

Seriously, the best way to measue a LB's worth is big plays they make - tackles for lost, forced fumbles and fumble recoveries, sacks, and ints.

First things first, please don't even say Spikes and Spragan name in the same sentence again. In 2004, Spikes was the best OLB in football, and IMO, the best LB in football. Spikes forced 3 fumbles, had 5 picks, 3 sacks, and 2 tds while playing on the number #2 defense in the NFL. http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12722 Those are amazing numbers for a LB.

The rest I pretty much agree on. I definitely think Fletcher in underrated and Thomas is a little overrated. Still, I give the edge to Thomas. As for Crowell and Crowder, it's pretty much a toss up. They are both young players, though Crowell has made more big plays. Spragan is a career backup who is without a doubt the weak point of your core and doesn't really belong in this discussion.
I gave you Spikes over Spragan, although I think it's a little closer than what you think. And, you're right that's probably the homer in me.

All of you need to get off Crowder's jock, too. He had 85 tackles with no sacks or picks. How you can say he's better than Crowell; who started one less game but had 20 more tackles, 3 sacks, and 2 INTs; is beyond me.

Seriously, the only LB on your team that would have a shot in hell of starting in Buffalo is Thomas who (despite what you all have said) you would trade for Spikes in a heartbeat.

B-LO said:
All of you need to get off Crowder's jock, too. He had 85 tackles with no sacks or picks. How you can say he's better than Crowell; who started one less game but had 20 more tackles, 3 sacks, and 2 INTs; is beyond me.

Seriously, the only LB on your team that would have a shot in hell of starting in Buffalo is Thomas who (despite what you all have said) you would trade for Spikes in a heartbeat.

:lol: WTF has Spikes ever done to warrant that kind of respect?

Motion said:
:lol: WTF has Spikes ever done to warrant that kind of respect?
In his 34 games with the Bills, he has had 242 tackles, 6 sacks, 5 forced fumbles, 7 INTs, and has scored 3 TDs.

He also made the Pro Bowl the first two years he in Buffalo. Who knows how his stats would've been had he not gone out early in Week 3 last season.

Quit being a homer; he is one of the premier LBs in the game.

GoBills24 said:
As I said before, Spikes missed 14.5 games.

You think that might make a WEEE bit difference in defensive rankings?

:rolleyes:
Assuming that Spikes would have made a difference is a tough thing. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom