Blackburn gets screwed again! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blackburn gets screwed again!

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
The refs are screwing Blackburn so much this year. Last week, Southampton was awarded a BS penalty in extra time which they of course scored and that was the game winner. This week, the refs gave 4 minutes of extra time which was way too much. Blackburn was beating ManUre 1-0 and then Alan Smith scored in extra time that shouldn't have even existed. That's now 3 points that Blackburn has been screwed out of this year. Brad Friedel had a great game and even though Manchester United did dominate we deserved the win since they scored in the 93rd minute which shouldn't have existed! :yell: :yell:

Honestly, you sound like you are whining right here. Who says 4 minutes was too much extra time? You? The ref called what he felt was correct. They didn't get screwed. They choked. Can't stop a team for 4 more mins, then you do not deserve to win. Also, you say Man U. dominated game and you say Blackburn deserves to win? Um no, according to what you said, Man U deserved to win. I bet If Man U. loses this game, a Man U. fan would say, we deserved to win. And let me add to this. You got 4 mins of extra time? So what?! Play the cards you are dealt.

Honestly, you sound like you are whining right here. Who says 4 minutes was too much extra time? You? The ref called what he felt was correct.

The extra time sign said 3 minutes. The referee gave 4 and a half. That is a screw job right there.

Mebeverine said:
The extra time sign said 3 minutes. The referee gave 4 and a half. That is a screw job right there.

Last time I checked.....the main Ref has the final say in what goes on, on the field. He felt there should have been 4 mins and a half, so there was. No screw job there.

Last time I checked.....the main Ref has the final say in what goes on, on the field. He felt there should have been 4 mins and a half, so there was. No screw job there.

The "main ref" also is the one who tells the 4th official what amount of minutes to put on the board...for some reason he changed his mind from 3 to nearly 5 DURING the alloted period, in which there were very few stoppages.

Mebeverine said:
The "main ref" also is the one who tells the 4th official what amount of minutes to put on the board...for some reason he changed his mind from 3 to nearly 5 DURING the alloted period, in which there were very few stoppages.

Ever think there could have been a mistake? Like the 4th ref misunderstanding him?

Prime Time said:

I watched the game. You probably didn't. You have no idea what you are talking about. There was clearly too much extra time given and it cost Blackburn 3 points. Manchester United did get a lot more shots on goal but Brad Friedel was great today (it's the best I've seen him play in over a year) and we deserved 3 points. Instead we got one.

Ever think there could have been a mistake? Like the 4th ref misunderstanding him?

Nope. The board CLEARLY said 3 minutes, then Ferguson went and got mad at the 4th Official, and they changed it to 4. Ridiculous.

You didn't watch the game so how the hell would you know? I did, and am completely unbiased...

and we deserved 3 points. Instead we got one.

I think that's debateable. Brad Friedel deserved 3 points, but Blackburn no way deserved to win the game.

In other news Arsenal was absolutely dominant against Norwich...(BTW i'm not an Arsenal fan but just appreciate their brand of soccer and TEAM play = excellent chemistry)
Man Utd is not in the same class as Arsenal..To need extra time to beat Blackburn...Also not only was their too much time added on but SAHA clearly touched the ball with his hand a la maradona before it fell in Smith's lap...

I'm curious to see how Chelsea looks...Bodz or anyone else can you guys tell me how Chelsea and my main man Drogba have looked so far ?

I didn't get to see the match(damn television...we get Blackburn - Man Utd, Spurs - Birmingham, and Arse - Norwich...what the hell? NO Chelsea?) but apparently Tiago has been a revelation in the midfield and it looks like Lamps is getting back to his best, slowly as it may seem. After Beattie's goal Chelsea dominated play in the first half, probobly the best we have looked so far this season, is that correct Meb?

Droba, as I have been told, looked very very dangerous yesterday. Steve Clarke, Chelsea's asst. manager, said Drogba is getting better every match and isn't completely fit yet.

Mebeverine was at yesterday's match in Stamford Bridge(I assume, he IS a season ticket holder afterall, lucky bastard! :) ) so he should be able to tell you what he has seen up close and personal.

I'm curious to see how Chelsea looks...Bodz or anyone else can you guys tell me how Chelsea and my main man Drogba have looked so far ?

Started pretty ominously, but we're on our way to playing excellent football now. Still not in Arsenal's league attacking wise though.

With both our natural widemen injured and with us playing with either 3 in midfield, or diamond we've lacked width. Our fullbacks need to get forward more, especially Ferreira who has been anonymous so far.

Defensively we've been excellent, with Cech making only 3 saves so far this season. Makelele and Terry have been superb.

Lampard has been his normal self: very limited ideas, taking way too many shots, but coming up clutch when we need him. Much improved yesterday, but I sitll hate the way he shoots everytime he gets forward. Still has tons of work to do on his overall game however, he can be great.

Joe Cole has been decent. He's being used as a 3rd striker right now, and he's made some nice moves. His shooting and passing are still dire though and he needs to play much better.

Tiago looks absolutely excellent: he's courageous, hard tackling a good passer, intelligent and he's not scared to have a shot.

Up front Drogba has been very hit and miss. He shows the potential to hold the ball up well, he's powerful and quick and he works all game. However, his first touch has been poor at times, and he's not always as threatning as he should be. I'm still very hopeful for him, and he has exceeded my expectations thus far! Doesn't look anything like a £24 striker at the moment though. Much, much better yersterday.

Gudjohnsen has been very average, Kezman looks promising. I'd still rather we signed Rooney, but it's looking unlikely. He'd be almost the perfect partner for Drogba.

Best players so far (in order) Terry, Tiago, Makalele, Gallas/Carvalho, Drogba
Dissapointing players so far (in order) Geremi, Ferreira, Bridge
Need to Improve: Lampard, Gudjohnsen.

Overall, we played boring but effective against United, absolutely terrible against Birmingham, nicely but ineffectively against Crystal Palace and very well against Southampton in the first half, but the 2nd half wasn't what we hoped for. It's looking good so far, but we need Duff and Robben back and I still think we need a Rooney/Tevez like forward. Mourinho seems to want to play with almost 4 guys off of Drogba. He likes 3 midfielders to get into the area to support crosses and when Drogba holds the ball up or gets wide, and he likes the other striker to do similarly.

Hope that helps!

Mebeverine said:
I think that's debateable. Brad Friedel deserved 3 points, but Blackburn no way deserved to win the game.

Well, I meant to say we deserved 3 points because Man United should have never scored that goal. They did dominate the second half and definitely put more pressure on than we did. Brad Friedel definitely deserved 3 points. He looked as good as he did in the 2002-2003 season when he was the best keeper in the EPL.

More than I expected thanks Meb... :)
I suggest Mourinho employ Drogba the way Marseille did...He was the lone man up front, VERY similar to how Wenger uses Henry...
It's funny to see how the Euro has such an influence confidence wise :
For example Ferreira had a disastrous euro = benched after the opening loss to Greece...and has not recovered.
The same goes for Pauleta (no goals in 6 games i believe) who was an all star last year in the french league and has started off very poorly this year...

Pauleta scored a penalty against St. Ettiene last night to open his account this year.

PSG have yet to win a game and they better not change that on September 14th! Two of my friends have birthdays on the 14th as well and they wont want me pissed off so Chelsea better win in Paris! haha

I suggest Mourinho employ Drogba the way Marseille did...He was the lone man up front, VERY similar to how Wenger uses Henry...

That's how he is using him basically.

Also, Henry is playing off of Reyes so far this season.

Back
Top Bottom