Blackburn gets screwed again! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blackburn gets screwed again!

Bodz,
Saw the PSG - Saint-Etienne game (we get the games here so I follow the french league more than any other) and althought Pauleta converted the PK he was still dreadful IMO...
PSG replaced Sorin, Heinze and Déhu with Armand, Yepes ( both bought from Nantes) and Rothen (who was excellent last year with Monaco)
but the 3 replacements havnt done the job (as evidenced on the Saint-Etienne equalizer from Piquionne where Yepes and Armand did a horrible job defending)
Meb talking about Reyes, what's your opinion of him ?

Meb talking about Reyes, what's your opinion of him ?

Absolutely brilliant. Will be one of the best players of his generation. Unfortunately, once Barcelona come calling, he's off, regardless of how good Arsenal are.

Ya I missed the PSG match but it is on again this week. Didn't PSG also buy Edouard Cissé from Monaco? And where did Sorin go(was he on loan last year?). I haven't seen Pauleta yet this year, but I definately take your word for it.

Rothen is good, but a good fullback can neutralize him pretty easily, in my opinion.

Meb, I was unaware of Reyes' affinity for Barca, where does that come from? I thought he was a gypsy lad from the slums of Seville? I have no clue, but I wouldn't think this would be a hotbed for Barca support.

Meb, I was unaware of Reyes' affinity for Barca, where does that come from? I thought he was a gypsy lad from the slums of Seville? I have no clue, but I wouldn't think this would be a hotbed for Barca support.

He hates Real apparently. In Spain, Barcelona and Real are seen as gods regardless of who you support. If the chance to play for one of them comes, even Arsenal fans accept he'll be gone.

OK, that makes good sense.

What is the political and religious backgrounds of the 2 clubs(ie. the reasons they hate each other)? I know very little about the history of Spanish footy so if anybody could provide a quick synopsis it would be great appreciated!

What is the political and religious backgrounds of the 2 clubs(ie. the reasons they hate each other)? I know very little about the history of Spanish footy so if anybody could provide a quick synopsis it would be great appreciated!

Regionalism combined with the fact that they are both full of ego and the two most popular teams in Spain.

Madrid are THE team of the Spanish establishment - appointed so because of their fame.

Barcelona are THE club of Catelonia -for the same reason.

Spanish society, and football plays a huge part in European society, is dominated by regionalism. While in English football, inner city teams tend to be rivals, Spain tends to be regional.

The Basques in the North and Catalans don't see themselves as Spanish entirely , they have different languages and cultures. They see themselves almost as seperate to Spain.

Madrid represent traditional Spain, Barcelona represent the Catalans.

When you add to this the fact that that the two teams are insanely successful, you have one of the most heated rivalries in football.

Ya I missed the PSG match but it is on again this week. Didn't PSG also buy Edouard Cissé from Monaco? And where did Sorin go(was he on loan last year?). I haven't seen Pauleta yet this year, but I definately take your word for it.

Rothen is good, but a good fullback can neutralize him pretty easily, in my opinion.

Cissé was on a loan last year to Monaco so they retained him...
As for Sorin, he was loaned to PSG by Cruzeiro...They prefered the high profile signing of Rothen over him (Rothen being from Paris, grew up as a boy idolizing the club etc...VERY anticipated signing that had all PSG fans excited i.e most of my friends)

In other news Wiltord was snapped up by Lyon yesterday...
Fiorèse (former PSG striker who recently had a run in with the coach) was bought by Marseilles to replace Mido (signed by AS Roma !?!?! tallied only 7 goals in 22 games with Drogba by his side)

Am I the only one fearing Spain in the future...Off the top of my head Joaquin,Torres and Reyes are 3 young guns who have the chance to be world class...

Am I the only one fearing Spain in the future...Off the top of my head Joaquin,Torres and Reyes are 3 young guns who have the chance to be world class...

Spain are effectively a joke.

The Basque and Catalan players flat out can't play with the Spaniards. Their team now is the most talented in the world. Their team in 96 was the most talented in the world.

What have they got to show for it?

Nothing.

And I doubt they will do in the next 10-15 years at least.

Back
Top Bottom