Blackout looming for Jets/Dolphins? | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blackout looming for Jets/Dolphins?

Pretty sure everyone's been waiting for more than a decade now. That's not his fault if he's done getting scammed by his local team. Is Huizengha going to reimburse the fans for enduring the **** that was on the field this whole time?

I've been waiting too. It isn't going to stop me from coming down once a year. There are no guarantees in life so I don't assume I'll be able to keep coming down year after year.

Priorities. Learn them.

Well priorities should never include over priced sporting events tickets. Like I said before if u cant afford the concessions you cant afford the damn ticket. I mean seriously you are not getting great value with either. Hell save your money for Cirque Du Soleil if you want value for your money and its definately not cheap. I personally think the biggest insult is the parking, I mean you are not making enough money off the overpriced ticket you have to charge me 30 more dollars. I personally hate what the NFL has become gouging its fans at every possible chance and while they are at it gouging the taxpayer to build these stadiums for them whether they like it or not. Nobody has a sweeter deal than NFL owners , they are basically guaranteed profit with very little risk. The average fan is not in the equation from the nfl, they will gladly take your money but its priced for corporate types that make no less than a 100,000 a year. The nfl does quite well in Miami but can you blame a fan that would rather spend their money quite a bit more wisely by watching it on TV. Also dont give me this crap about blackouts affecting sales of tickets one bit. Fans that were hedging on buying tickets dont even bring that into the equation. The NFL gets paid handsomely off their TV contract that is much more important to their bottom line than ticket sales. Networks pass that cost onto the sponsers and they pass it on to the fans. Blacking out games is the stupidest idea the NFL has ever had and does not help their bottom line at all. In fact it actually hurts the networks and sponsers that have made them rich as well as the fans that were never going to be able to buy a ticket anyway.

I personally think the biggest insult is the parking, I mean you are not making enough money off the overpriced ticket you have to charge me 30 more dollars. I personally hate what the NFL has become gouging its fans at every possible chance and while they are at it gouging the taxpayer to build these stadiums for them whether they like it or not.

It's hard to find any event, sporting or not , that doesn't charge for parking. Theme parks at orlando all gouge you for parking, hell even city walk at orlando charges you to park just to walk around. Here where i live ,the beach, county fairs , beachside attractions , movie theaters all charge for parking. It's just the way it is these days. I paid $25 to park at the dolphins game last week , between the 4 of us that's $6.50 apiece, about what i pay everywhere else. It costs money to have a good time in 2012, no matter where you live.

It's hard to find any event, sporting or not , that doesn't charge for parking. Theme parks at orlando all gouge you for parking, hell even city walk at orlando charges you to park just to walk around. Here where i live ,the beach, county fairs , beachside attractions , movie theaters all charge for parking. It's just the way it is these days. I paid $25 to park at the dolphins game last week , between the 4 of us that's $6.50 apiece, about what i pay everywhere else. It costs money to have a good time in 2012, no matter where you live.

Last time I checked Parking at a Theme PArk is about 15 dollars so how is paying 30 dollars the same thing. City Walk does not charge after 6 PM for parking which is basically the time you would go. So by your math if I take 4 people to citywalk its about 3.50 a piece whicj is a much better deal . I mean why stop there put 6 people in your car and then its a hell of a deal. You are still parking just one car so yes 25 dollars is a ridiculous amount to pay for parking. So do the movie theaters charge you 30 dollars for parking. As expenive as a movie is now a days its still one of the best values in entertainment. Im going this morning to see The master and it will be 6 dollars for early bird ticket and I have a refillable popcorn and drink setup that will cost me another 6. So for 12 dollars I will have entertainement and be able to quench my thirst. I could do that twice a week and still not spent what you spent to park. The nfl gouges us because we let them gouge us. PArking should never cost 25 dollars to something you already have a ticket to. Yes you are right the Theme parks do gouge but for basically same price as a ball game you at least get an all day experience compared to the three hours you get at a game. As bad a deal as theme parks are they are quite a value compared to going to a football game

Well priorities should never include over priced sporting events tickets. Like I said before if u cant afford the concessions you cant afford the damn ticket. I mean seriously you are not getting great value with either. Hell save your money for Cirque Du Soleil if you want value for your money and its definately not cheap. I personally think the biggest insult is the parking, I mean you are not making enough money off the overpriced ticket you have to charge me 30 more dollars. I personally hate what the NFL has become gouging its fans at every possible chance and while they are at it gouging the taxpayer to build these stadiums for them whether they like it or not. Nobody has a sweeter deal than NFL owners , they are basically guaranteed profit with very little risk. The average fan is not in the equation from the nfl, they will gladly take your money but its priced for corporate types that make no less than a 100,000 a year. The nfl does quite well in Miami but can you blame a fan that would rather spend their money quite a bit more wisely by watching it on TV. Also dont give me this crap about blackouts affecting sales of tickets one bit. Fans that were hedging on buying tickets dont even bring that into the equation. The NFL gets paid handsomely off their TV contract that is much more important to their bottom line than ticket sales. Networks pass that cost onto the sponsers and they pass it on to the fans. Blacking out games is the stupidest idea the NFL has ever had and does not help their bottom line at all. In fact it actually hurts the networks and sponsers that have made them rich as well as the fans that were never going to be able to buy a ticket anyway.

It's probably only going to get worse too. Might as well go to a game now while you still can :up:

It's probably only going to get worse too. Might as well go to a game now while you still can :up:

I will go to Arizona game this coming week and will probably never go again because it seems a pointless exercise based on the money spent. I just dont see the value in paying like 150 dollars total to go to a damn football game. I know some will see this as not being a real fan but I could buy alot of blue rays for that amount of money, go to a lot of movies , go to multiple college games or even an amazing dinner at Roys for less than this. Im not broke or in poverty , Im am in the armed forces and pride myself on being good with my money and investments, and I just dont see any real reason to spend that type of money on even a yearly basis. Those that go more power to you I just have other things that I would rather spend my hard earned money on that are much more fulfilling. I will drive 400 something miles , plus price of ticket and parking plus yes I will eat in game. I think its stupid to deprive yourself of food or drink to be able to afford a damn ticket, you minimize your experience. After that unless im making 6 figures or have a free ticket I wont be going to any more games because I dont see the value in it.

Last time I checked Parking at a Theme PArk is about 15 dollars so how is paying 30 dollars the same thing. City Walk does not charge after 6 PM for parking which is basically the time you would go. So by your math if I take 4 people to citywalk its about 3.50 a piece whicj is a much better deal . I mean why stop there put 6 people in your car and then its a hell of a deal. You are still parking just one car so yes 25 dollars is a ridiculous amount to pay for parking. So do the movie theaters charge you 30 dollars for parking. As expenive as a movie is now a days its still one of the best values in entertainment. Im going this morning to see The master and it will be 6 dollars for early bird ticket and I have a refillable popcorn and drink setup that will cost me another 6. So for 12 dollars I will have entertainement and be able to quench my thirst. I could do that twice a week and still not spent what you spent to park. The nfl gouges us because we let them gouge us. PArking should never cost 25 dollars to something you already have a ticket to. Yes you are right the Theme parks do gouge but for basically same price as a ball game you at least get an all day experience compared to the three hours you get at a game. As bad a deal as theme parks are they are quite a value compared to going to a football game

I was just using theme parks as an example of the many ways businesses use parking the same way the nfl gouges us. I am not defending the price the dolphins charge. I hate paying to park anywhere.

Obviously you and i have different feelings about a great experience. Going to a fins game , 2-3 hours of tailgating before the game, a 3-31/2 hour fins game and some more post game tailgating and celebrating , is worth every penny i spend on the experience. I will choose that experience any day of the year over a $90 ticket to an amusement park ,standing in line all day, or cirque de sol, or a movie and popcorn or another sporting event. Dolphins only play at home 8 days a year, i can do any of that other stuff any day of the year.

I was just using theme parks as an example of the many ways businesses use parking the same way the nfl gouges us. I am not defending the price the dolphins charge. I hate paying to park anywhere.

Obviously you and i have different feelings about a great experience. Going to a fins game , 2-3 hours of tailgating before the game, a 3-31/2 hour fins game and some more post game tailgating and celebrating , is worth every penny i spend on the experience. I will choose that experience any day of the year over a $90 ticket to an amusement park ,standing in line all day, or cirque de sol, or a movie and popcorn or another sporting event. Dolphins only play at home 8 days a year, i can do any of that other stuff any day of the year.

As long as u feel its worth every penny of yours thats all that matters and fans all over the NFl support the nfl just fine. Its stupid to expect that every NFL game should sellout . I admit I would rather get the amusement park ticket because I love coasters or Movie because of value or Cirgue De solei because it is that damn good. Doesn tmean I dont enjoy an NFL game but I dont see it as any kind of a good entertainenment value.

I will drive 400 something miles , plus price of ticket and parking plus yes I will eat in game. I think its stupid to deprive yourself of food or drink to be able to afford a damn ticket, you minimize your experience.
It's not really about depriving yourself of food, You can't go 3-4 hours between meals without having a hot dog or popcorn? The food inside isn't really that good anyways. It's much better to stop somewhere and pick a sub up or whatever you like and eat before, or better yet make your own and bring it. I guess it boils down to personal preference. To each his own.:up:

It's not really about depriving yourself of food, You can't go 3-4 hours between meals without having a hot dog or popcorn? The food inside isn't really that good anyways. It's much better to stop somewhere and pick a sub up or whatever you like and eat before, or better yet make your own and bring it. I guess it boils down to personal preference. To each his own.:up:

What Im saying if you are willing to pay like a 100 dollars for game ticket 30 for parking a damn 5 dollar hot dog shouldnt bother u

Back
Top Bottom