Blow it for Burrow | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blow it for Burrow

The thing with Burrow that would concern me is what happens when teams game plan for his ability to scramble?
Can he beat you from the pocket? Can he beat whatever coverage you're throwing at him on the back end? I'm not sure!

That's not something I'm concerned with Tua about. The kid processes fast and you can tell it's not going to take long before he figures it out.
Burrow DISSECTED the Alabama defense- roughly 400 yards passing 80% Completions 3TD 0 INT and 64 yards rushing. I really liked what I saw with his scrambling ability but he won the game with his arm, not his feet.

Simple. Lose out. Phins have Jets and Bengals to play. Phins get either of those 2 QBs if they really are after them. Redskins have Haskins.

I'll still take Tua. He clearly was on the inferior team and he was running for his life the whole game. His pocket awareness and manipulation are off the charts and that was all with a bad ankle.

That wasn't what I'm saying. What I was saying is that the quote "Tua still hurt. I don't want him if he can't stay healthy" can very easily be spun to say that an unfully-healthy Tua put up 400 yards and 40+ points on LSU. Injury risk is obviously a factor, but him playing yesterday dinged up is more of a positive than him sitting out.
I would agree with that overall sentiment, but you can't look at yesterday in a vacuum.

Tua has been injured in the past. It hasn't been so much that you base a decision solely on it, but it is a factor.

Kind of like the fact that he's on the smallish side. It's not a determining quality, but it is worthy of consideration.

I juat don't see it as "clear cut" of a choice as some do.

of all the pending draft qbs, Tua is far and away more “NFL ready”... he’s had NFL coaching, understands league route combinations, and has the “It” inside the helmet.

that said... i still want Chase Young as our top pick.

An unhealthy Tua just threw for 400+ yards and scored 40+ points against LSU. You can argue about whether he should or shouldn't be the top pick, but saying you don't want him because he can't stay healthy belittles that he he came back at less than 100% and the reason that Alabama lost wasn't because of their offense.

Most of his passing was garbage time down 2+ scores. The running game was the reason they came back. He was also aided by a joke 85 yard td pass with under 2 minutes left in the game.

How was that a joke? It was a perfect toss and not an easy one to be super accurate on. If you want to blame the coverage, he recognized it and took advantage. You get all kinds of looks throughout a game, and recognizing them and capitalizing on it is what top quarterbacks do. Those kind of coverages happen in the NFL, where you scratch your head. In the moment, somebody thought it was a good idea and it wasn’t. You see the same type of thing happen every week in the NFL. It doesn’t diminish Tua. Heck, number 12 for the Patriots has made a career on capitalizing on the defense’s mistakes.

An unhealthy Tua just threw for 400+ yards and scored 40+ points against LSU. You can argue about whether he should or shouldn't be the top pick, but saying you don't want him because he can't stay healthy belittles that he he came back at less than 100% and the reason that Alabama lost wasn't because of their offense.
I prefer Burrow but if the Bengals draft Burrow before the Dolphins pick, Tua would certainly be a great consolation prize.

An original thought, I like it. I don’t totally agree but at least you’re thinking. Can’t wait to see Harris at the combine.

If you want Russ Wilson in this draft class, a competitive tough guy who can lead, carry the team, throw and run and win, and his stock is not high, will slide in the draft because of fools, it's Jalen Hurts. That's where the value is.

The great news is most of us would be happy with either choice at this point. The bad news is we will have to pick 1 or 2 for that to happen. No chance if the Jets pick ahead of us they will let either one fall to us. They will either draft them or trade down with someone outside the division. We need to find a way to lose out the rest of the season, but there is no more "talent" to get rid of, so not sure how else to do that besides starting Rosen.

I would not take Tua or Burrow. They will go high in top two picks. Tua is short. We do not want that. Burrow takes too many sacks, and he's a one-year wonder. There are two many risks, albeit with Tua the risks are much smaller. Let someone else take those risks high. Another overhyped prospect is Herbert who does not score enough.

Value right now is in Anthony Gordon who is the best QB prospect in the class, and also with Jalen Hurts who has put up a better season than Tua or Burrow, has rushed for 900 yards so far. Jalen however has questionable arm talent, but Gordon does not, he has a great arm. That's where the value is. Anthony Gordon for me.

Get Gordon, and get Najee Harris and Chase Young.
If they can get Gordon in the 5th or 6th round, he might be worth taking but there is no way I would want to see them using a pick in the first four rounds on Gordon. The best I see for Gordon is him being a long term backup in the NFL.

Tua, Burrow, or bust.

This entire season, hell, this entire rebuild, was all for nothing if we end up with some other bum like Herbert.

Have to get a top 2 pick. We got our win. No more. Start Rosen and secure that franchise QB.

nope, Dolphin fans get excited about meaningless wins.

I agree, start Rosen and lose out!

Back
Top Bottom