Bobby Wagner or Jordan Hicks for a FA signing? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bobby Wagner or Jordan Hicks for a FA signing?

His price will be high. Higher than baker.

We need someone in the middle of the LB core, pay Wagner and our D will get better.

Tough call on this one. The book on older linebackers isn't strong. Yes, he's been a star for a long time, but that's part of the problem... he's 32 this year and the 'hawks cut him because his contract was MUCH too high at about 20m/year.

At half that, and on a one year contract, he'd be attractive to a team on the cusp of a Super Bowl. I suspect he fits better elsewhere than Miami.

We have invested significant money in Jerome Baker. Bobby Wagner is smart as hell and has been the Seattle Defensive captain for a long time and is considered an expert in reading the offense. However, it is really significant that Pete Carroll has consciously decided to move on from him. Bobby will expect big money (average annual payment for last 3 years, $16.6M, per Spotrac). I would expect that it is highly unlikely that we would consider putting further significant money in a middle linebacker like Bobby. I honestly prefer to set the defensive architecture where the bigger money goes into the DBs and the D-line.

Last edited:
We have invested significant money in Jerome Baker. Bobby Wagner is smart as hell and has been the Seattle Defensive captain for a long time and is considered an expert in reading the offense. However, it is really significant that Pete Carroll has consciously decided to move on from him. Bobby will expect big money (average annual payment for last 3 years, $16.6M, per Spotrac). I would expect that it is highly unlikely that we would consider putting further significant money in a middle linebacker like Bobby. I honestly prefer to set the defensive architecture where the bigger money goes into the DBs and the D-line.

I have no problem with Bakers contract, he can be an elite outside blitzing linebacker if used right. Wagner is a true middle linebacker.

They are trying to keep a young roster. Wagner is great but too old now.

Would love to have him at Miami even at 31. You can't coach experience and respect you have to earn those things. His professional attitude should rub off on the young guys and take them to the next level. They say you can't buy experience but you can in free agency. At a sensible price let's get him

3 things are certain in this life... Death, Taxes and a thread for every player that gets released in March on FinHeaven.
;)

Seriously though, Wagner is gonna want too much money. He'd be great if we could get him on a good deal but that ain't happening.

Can't wait to read the James Conner thread next lol

Great player, but if we go LB in FA Campbell is younger and significantly cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom