Bodog sets Fins win total over/under at..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bodog sets Fins win total over/under at.....

So that means if you bet 100 dollars on the over and the phins get 9 or more wins you will win 100 dollars right or more simply profit 100 dollars?

You need to put the money first (obviously) Since Miami is -120, you'll need to put up $120 to win $100. If you lose, you're out $120. If you win, you'll get back $220 ($120 deposit + $100 winnings)

I am going to make a few small dollar amount bets in Vegas, through a friend that lives out there....

Last year the win total was at 7. I actually put down $175 on the over and unfortunately for me they won exactly 7 games. It was such a good bet to take it at 7 because we really should have won more games but we just got unlucky. 8.5 this year seems right. We are defiantly a better team then last year with an easier schedule. I like the over once again.

so how does the payout work since theres no odds?? and do you have to go to Vegas to do this, because I am all over Miami getting 9 plus wins, i'm thinking like 11-12 wins!

Yeah, I'd love to bet the over. Especially because I'll be in Vegas in a couple of weeks.

Problem is - My Dolphins "season" bets don't tend to work out so well ...

For example:
56ca0091-1.jpg

(we all know how that one turned out)

Hmmm ... Maybe I'll bet the under and just "pay for the wins" :up:

You need to put the money first (obviously) Since Miami is -120, you'll need to put up $120 to win $100. If you lose, you're out $120. If you win, you'll get back $220 ($120 deposit + $100 winnings)

Just to clear this up a bit, since Miami is -120 you lose $20 of "juice" if you win. So in reality a $100 bet will win u $80 not $120. So you would net a total of $180 if you were to win the bet. (Not the $220)

Just to clear this up a bit, since Miami is -120 you lose $20 of "juice" if you win. So in reality a $100 bet will win u $80 not $120. So you would net a total of $180 if you were to win the bet. (Not the $220)

No, he was right. He said bet $120 to win $100

Doesn't really seem like a worthwhile bet... I don't understand betting more than you would win

Yea, I thought the whole point of betting was to risk less than what you could win

Don't bet on the Dolphins this year. They are still shuffling players around trying to look for the winning combination. I'm predicting another season of ups and downs with a record somewhere around 8 - 8 or 9 - 7 after all the frustrations. It will be very tough for the Dolphins to beat the Jets or Patriots out for the second place spot in the AFC East. Playoffs are a long shot at best.

It sucks too because Miami can never seem to capitalize when their star players are peaking. Then they go looking for new talent to use up. Look for lots of growing pains in 2010. But that could be a good thing for the future.

Back
Top Bottom