Bold Prediction: Daunte will break the Dolphins single season comp. pct. record. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bold Prediction: Daunte will break the Dolphins single season comp. pct. record.

ralexand

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Who has that record? Daunte's career completion pct.(64.4) might already be higher than that record.

MarinoBaby!!! said:
i belive it is marino at 64.2 % in his magical season if i'm not mistaken

58.4% Dan Marino (1983), 173 of 296 attempts. The final answer.

its his completions to the other team that i worry about. I know everyone is excited to have him on our team, but i had him on my fantasy team last year as my #1 pick and he really sucked. It might take me a while to warm back up to him after his proformance last year.....:fire:

I actually thought Greise held the record...Marino was a master at throwing the ball away when he didn't have anything. It is great for the game but really cuts into your completion percentage.

phinfan37 said:
Nope wrong...1984>>64.2

Your right, my bad. that was his rookie year. Pretty damn good for a rook. Yep [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]64.2[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Dan Marino (1984), 362 of 564 attempts[/SIZE][/FONT]

Hasta said:
I actually thought Greise held the record...Marino was a master at throwing the ball away when he didn't have anything. It is great for the game but really cuts into your completion percentage.

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]63.0[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Bob Griese (1978), 148 of 235 attempts. Pretty damn close though.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Hasta said:
Bob's best year was 1978 @ 63%, not much of a passing era then.:wink:

fishin said:
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]63.0[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Bob Griese (1978), 148 of 235 attempts. Pretty damn close though.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Opps, your quicker:D

this is tough. i hate to see dan's records get broken, but if it means we are going back to our old winning ways, then i'm sure dan would not have a problem. and if that's the case, then i hope daunte breaks 'em.

If Culpepper were on another team, he might have a chance. You expect him to come in and break.... Dan's record? Maybe he could set records in Arizona but the Dolphins probably have the highest standard of team records as far as passing.

Back
Top Bottom