Boldin has indicated 2 times this week he would like to play 4 Dolphins per rotoworld | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boldin has indicated 2 times this week he would like to play 4 Dolphins per rotoworld

ssnjamerson

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I just saw this on Rotoworld. Anquan Boldin has indicated twice this week alone that he would like to play in Miami. But Arizona confirmed that 3 teams offered a 1st round pick for BOldin in Aprils draft. But they declined. We could wait til hes a free agent but he only gettin older. I personally like Boldin. The only problem I have with trading our 1st round pick is how high is it. If it is in the top 8-10 i dont trade it. But after top 10 I jump on it. There are only a few players I would like to grab in next years draft that would require a top 10 pick. #1 Forget all the talk about Selvie or JOhnson to replace Jason Taylor. Forget all this Linebacker talk. The guy we take if hes stilla avai when we draft is Mike Crabtree Wr form Texas Tech. This guy is the next Randy Moss. He is a beast and would really help our QB feel comfortable. We have to take him if hes there. If we dont trade for Boldin who can we get with a top 10 that would help as mucha s Boldin would. Crabtree, Jenkins, Vonte Davis, Maualuga, Johnson, Laurinitis, would any of these players have the impact of a Boldin or would they ever. Boldin is awful good and proven.

I Feel That Crabtree Is More Like A Larry Fitzgerald Than A Randy Moss. But Your 100% Right We Have 2 Jump All Over That Guy If He Is Avalible When We Pick.i Think We Can Adress Our Lb In Free Agency If We Do Draft Crabtree. I Know That Terrel Suggs Is Gonna Be A Free Agent.

This can't happen this year because we can't give up what it would take. We need our first this coming April.

Cardinals OLB Karlos Dansby is a FA this coming March so I am gonna be paying alot of attention to him sunday.

On Dan Patrick's show he said he wanted to go to a contender. With the Seahawks looking down already, Arizona probably has a hell of a lot better of a shot at being a contender than we do.

I say we just wait for the off-season to try and sign a guy like Roy Williams (better leaper, younger) instead of using a pick that can be used on something else like a LB or DB. I vote no on Crabtree in the first round. At this point, he's not near the prospect that Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitztgerald, or Randy Moss were. We'll see how it plays out though.

The problem with going after a guy like Boldin is that we are not ready to compete realistically this year, or maybe even next year.

It would make absolutely no sense to trade away a draft pick for a guy who, although improve the team, would not be the type of player that could single handedly make us a legitimate contender.

The point is, if we were 2 years down the road, and we were a strong team from top to bottom and just needed one more key wide-out, then we might do this deal...as it stands now, though, one player won't change where we are going this season so even a guy as good as Boldin is not really needed for us.

The problem with going after a guy like Boldin is that we are not ready to compete realistically this year, or maybe even next year.

It would make absolutely no sense to trade away a draft pick for a guy who, although improve the team, would not be the type of player that could single handedly make us a legitimate contender.

The point is, if we were 2 years down the road, and we were a strong team from top to bottom and just needed one more key wide-out, then we might do this deal...as it stands now, though, one player won't change where we are going this season so even a guy as good as Boldin is not really needed for us.

Not that it'll ever hapopen but... that's all very well and good to say and I don't entirely disagree but if you believe that, you don't really have the right to moan about Ginn not getting seperation, Hagan dropping anything that goes anywhere near him and Pennington using Bess in the red zone.

Draft picks don't win games now. Boldin would. If we could get him for one of our second rounders and something in 2010, I'd go for it. It would basically reverse the CHambers trade and get us a better player.

Not that it'll ever hapopen but... that's all very well and good to say and I don't entirely disagree but if you believe that, you don't really have the right to moan about Ginn not getting seperation, Hagan dropping anything that goes anywhere near him and Pennington using Bess in the red zone.

Draft picks don't win games now. Boldin would. If we could get him for one of our second rounders and something in 2010, I'd go for it. It would basically reverse the CHambers trade and get us a better player.

i think you missed the part were they already turned down 1st round picks from 3 other teams

maybe Boldin will play like crap on sunday on purpose, so the cardinals will get mad and trade him. Like he can run some bad routes, dont block on any run plays, bascially just thrown the game.

i think you missed the part were they already turned down 1st round picks from 3 other teams

Correct.

Well nobody in their right mind would trade the Dolphins' first rounder for Boldin. So why are we all still talking about it?

You wont get Crabtree in this years draft anyway. If you remember he was a freshman last year.

You wont get Crabtree in this years draft anyway. If you remember he was a freshman last year.

IIRC, he's a Redshirt Soph, meaning he's been in school for 3 years, and that would make him draft eligible after this season.

I'd be a fan of taking Crabtree or Maualuga in next year's draft. Maualuga especially.

First off heres my thoughts on Anquan the football player...IMO Boldin (talent wise) is one of the top 5 wideouts in the NFL. He runs the best routes of any wideout in football, this combined with his strength helps him finish in the top 10 in YAC every season (Very similar to TO). He has some of the best hands in football rarely dropping a pass, making him a very dependable over-the-middle-third down type guy. He has deseptive speed and can stretch the field (although with Fitz he rarely gets the oppurtuninty to show it off). Every time he touches the ball he is a threat to score.

But with all that being said, Boldin situation is not a favorable one for the Dolphins (and visa versa) for a few reasons, some of which have been touched on...But the biggest 2 reasons havent been brought up...

1) Boldin's injury history-He has played 5 seasons and has only played 16 games twice. The injury history is also the reason Boldin's name often gets skipped when talking about top 10 wideouts in the NFL.

2) Parcells: History shows this isnt his type of move- Parcells doesnt trade away high draft picks, especially on Wide Recievers. Yes, he drafted Keyshawn and Terry Glenn, but neither reached the elite status Parcells expected. Since then it seems Parcells tries to find his WRs using late round draft picks.

3) The Dolphins arent one player away- Sorry to break it to you Dolphin fans we have to get alot better before we trade away draft picks. IMO, Parcells and Co. had a great draft (only time will tell, how great but....)! Many Fin Fans were alittle upset (at first) because we didnt draft the flashy, big name player, but what the FO did was draft straight up football players. From the top (Long/Merling/Henne) to the middle (Landford/Shawn Murphy) to the bottom (Donald Thomas/Jalen Parmele). We need one maybe two more drafts in the mold of the '08 draft before we start trading picks away for vetern talent. Talent wise Boldin would be great ,especially in the short term. But with his injury history giving up high draft picks could jepordize our future, and Parcells and Co. are way too smart to do that.

Back
Top Bottom