Boldin has indicated 2 times this week he would like to play 4 Dolphins per rotoworld | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boldin has indicated 2 times this week he would like to play 4 Dolphins per rotoworld

First off heres my thoughts on Anquan the football player...IMO Boldin (talent wise) is one of the top 5 wideouts in the NFL. He runs the best routes of any wideout in football, this combined with his strength helps him finish in the top 10 in YAC every season (Very similar to TO). He has some of the best hands in football rarely dropping a pass, making him a very dependable over-the-middle-third down type guy. He has deseptive speed and can stretch the field (although with Fitz he rarely gets the oppurtuninty to show it off). Every time he touches the ball he is a threat to score.

But with all that being said, Boldin situation is not a favorable one for the Dolphins (and visa versa) for a few reasons, some of which have been touched on...But the biggest 2 reasons havent been brought up...

1) Boldin's injury history-He has played 5 seasons and has only played 16 games twice. The injury history is also the reason Boldin's name often gets skipped when talking about top 10 wideouts in the NFL.

2) Parcells: History shows this isnt his type of move- Parcells doesnt trade away high draft picks, especially on Wide Recievers. Yes, he drafted Keyshawn and Terry Glenn, but neither reached the elite status Parcells expected. Since then it seems Parcells tries to find his WRs using late round draft picks.

3) The Dolphins arent one player away- Sorry to break it to you Dolphin fans we have to get alot better before we trade away draft picks. IMO, Parcells and Co. had a great draft (only time will tell, how great but....)! Many Fin Fans were alittle upset (at first) because we didnt draft the flashy, big name player, but what the FO did was draft straight up football players. From the top (Long/Merling/Henne) to the middle (Landford/Shawn Murphy) to the bottom (Donald Thomas/Jalen Parmele). We need one maybe two more drafts in the mold of the '08 draft before we start trading picks away for vetern talent. Talent wise Boldin would be great ,especially in the short term. But with his injury history giving up high draft picks could jepordize our future, and Parcells and Co. are way too smart to do that.

^ Agree with all of the above but there is one other thing, and that's the pricetag on him.

Is he really worth giving up a second rounder or higher? I can't say that he is. Not when this Dolphins team could only win 6 games or so and end up with a top 10 or top 40 pick with their first two selections.

maybe Boldin will play like crap on sunday on purpose, so the cardinals will get mad and trade him. Like he can run some bad routes, dont block on any run plays, bascially just thrown the game.

I think that would be a mistake on Boldins part, he needs to play his butt off every week. He will only hurt himself by not doing so. Besides I for one would lose respect for the guy and that's not the type of player I want in a Dolphins uniform. Add to that I don't want to play injured teams or teams that have players that pack it in, cause we won't get better by playing teams that are weak, we need to face the best we can every week to imporve and to know where we really stand. I would gladly trade wins for imporvements this year. As long as we impovre every week, I can live with loses.

Bet he changes his mind after seeing us play.

First off heres my thoughts on Anquan the football player...IMO Boldin (talent wise) is one of the top 5 wideouts in the NFL. He runs the best routes of any wideout in football, this combined with his strength helps him finish in the top 10 in YAC every season (Very similar to TO). He has some of the best hands in football rarely dropping a pass, making him a very dependable over-the-middle-third down type guy. He has deseptive speed and can stretch the field (although with Fitz he rarely gets the oppurtuninty to show it off). Every time he touches the ball he is a threat to score.
Sorry I have to toot my own horn...Boldin proved my assesment of him to be spot on...Thanx Boldin...I hate you

Now do you understand why I said we won't be trading him.

You just fell for the Drew R agent speech

I for one don't think the deal will get done but maybe, just maybe he was trying to show Parcells something with that game yesterday. I've always been a big fan of Boldin especially being an Alumni of FSU.

Back
Top Bottom