Boldin Injury debate | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boldin Injury debate

HeartbreakKid28

Active Roster
Reaction score
Most people are mixed on Anquan Boldin, saying he's on the decline, he's 29 which is "too old", he hasn't played a full season in a while. However, he still had over 1,000 yards receiving the past two seasons(playing second fiddle to Larry Fitzgerald by the way), and the reason he gets hurt is because he actually plays tough.

Would it really be the worst thing in the world? Sometimes you have to take what you can get. He is still a top 15 WR. When is the last time we had anything close to that? I think he would help us out a lot. There is a risk, but if you want to win in this league you have to gamble sometimes. He should also improve the other WRs. He's also not a "diva" like TO and Marshall. We had a player who is a "diva" named Joey Porter and look where that went. I'd love to cheer for Boldin.

And the Cardinals will be giving a ton of money to re-sign Darnell Dockett, so there's even less of a chance he'll be back in AZ. They need to get rid of him even more, I see no reason why the Dolphins wouldn't be able to get a trade going with the Cardinals.

Can us Dolphin fans really be picky about who we want? When's the last time we had a WR of his ability?

For a 3rd, He would be a great deal even with his overhyped "baggage". If anything he would be the number 1 right away and buy us a few more years in producing our own.

i agree. but i wont give up more then a third for him but i would love to have him in miami

Boldin is the perfect WR for Miami. Tough,Physical, and plays with attitude.

He loves blocking and is a great YAC guy.

A 3rd round pick would be an easy swap if we were getting Boldin.

Look. I love the thought of us getting Boldin, but do we really need ANOTHER thread about him? His injury status is the only thing that has been discussed. No reason to restart that discussion here.

I think for the right price he is worth a shot...I think most people no longer believe him to worth #1 WR compensation any more. People here are still looking to give a 2nd or 1st rounder for him...or 2 and 3 combined....BUT for a 3rd round pick...sure that's fair, good luck convincing Arizona.

A 3rd works for me, it would be hard to get someone at his skill level with a 3rd round pick, plus he's a veteran and can teach our young receivers a thing or two.

I think for the right price he is worth a shot...I think most people no longer believe him to worth #1 WR compensation any more. People here are still looking to give a 2nd or 1st rounder for him...or 2 and 3 combined....BUT for a 3rd round pick...sure that's fair, good luck convincing Arizona.

They have said they want a second for him-to which i read there was no market for, so ultimatley you are looking at a high-mid 3rd. Which we happen to have.

Look. I love the thought of us getting Boldin, but do we really need ANOTHER thread about him? His injury status is the only thing that has been discussed. No reason to restart that discussion here.

I know there's a lot of threads on him, I was tempted to not start it. But, this is supposed to be less about how we could get him and more about why so many people think it would be a bad idea.

I get the feeling there are too many people who wouldn't be satisfied if we got Boldin, and I'm just curious as to why. He would be a good solution for a few years while we try and find someone. I dont really buy the injury prone thing, because he was still more productive then anyone we've had in years.

give em a 3rd and ginn. they would be doing us a huge favor by getting that no catching ***** out of miami.

thanks az

I don't think this FO is afraid of players that are injured on occasion (Grove, Smiley) if they feel they perform at a high level. Boldin for a 3rd should be automatic for us. If we were discussing this last year, the question is "do you want Boldin or Turner".

offer to switch 3rd and 4th rds. cards pick up at least 16 slots each round, we get boldin and keep draft picks.

I know there's a lot of threads on him, I was tempted to not start it. But, this is supposed to be less about how we could get him and more about why so many people think it would be a bad idea.

I get the feeling there are too many people who wouldn't be satisfied if we got Boldin, and I'm just curious as to why. He would be a good solution for a few years while we try and find someone. I dont really buy the injury prone thing, because he was still more productive then anyone we've had in years.

Meh. What else are we going to discuss? The game this week?

Back
Top Bottom