Boldin Injury debate | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boldin Injury debate

If the front office decides they want him, his injury history will play no role in them getting him. Don't believe me? I give you Jake Grove, he average 4.5 games a season injured on the bench, yet Tuna and Company still traded for him. If they want Boldin they will make it happen!

If the front office decides they want him, his injury history will play no role in them getting him. Don't believe me? I give you Jake Grove, he average 4.5 games a season injured on the bench, yet Tuna and Company still traded for him. If they want Boldin they will make it happen!
Grove was a FA pick up we didnt trade for him

Offer a 4th for Boldin. Last year they wanted a 3rd and a player and didn't get it. His value has declined because of more injuries and the success of Early Doucet.

Great another Boldin thread, as if we don't have enough of these already. Maybe not picky, but we can be logical. Logical enough to know you don't give up 3rd round pick for a 29 year old, injury prone WR on the decline who wants a huge contract.

Great another Boldin thread, as if we don't have enough of these already. Maybe not picky, but we can be logical. Logical enough to know you don't give up 3rd round pick for a 29 year old, injury prone WR on the decline who wants a huge contract.

Isn't that the exact same thing people want to do for Ronnie Brown?

For a 3rd, I'd do it all day. 2nd? No thanks.

I am not necessarily disagreeing but asking a question to you Goon and everyone else who says no to a 2nd.

Why not a second round pick for Boldin, what could Miami gamble on in the second that would be a bigger impact or less risk to the team?

I just have a feeling if Arizona let’s this guy go for a second and he goes on to play 3 seasons without injury and averages 1000yds. everyone around these parts would be calling for heads to roll.

I am not necessarily disagreeing but asking a question to you Goon and everyone else who says no to a 2nd.

Why not a second round pick for Boldin, what could Miami gamble on in the second that would be a bigger impact or less risk to the team?

I just have a feeling if Arizona let’s this guy go for a second and he goes on to play 3 seasons without injury and averages 1000yds. everyone around these parts would be calling for heads to roll.
0% chance he stays healthy for 3 seasons.

Who could we draft in the 2nd who can make more impact or less of a risk? Jerry Hughes, Brandon Spikes, Jason Worilds, Demaryius Thomas, Rejus Benn. I can keep going, but I'm sure you get the point. No to a 2nd, and no to a 3rd. 4th? Maybe.

For a 3rd, it sounds about right, but do we really need another Ronnie in our offense

To answer your question, YES, we could use another great player like Ronnie.

Classic definition of pessimism and a great example of the conservative mindset this franchise has been plagued with for years. Those TWO players are worth their risks because of their proven PLAYMAKING ability. A draft pick is NOT proven and I can never understand why so much value is placed on them. I'd much rather have Anquan and Ronnie for 12 games each per year than a relative bust like Ted Ginn Jr. or Jason Allen for 16 games.

And besides that, these injuries that they receive are a result of their position, the nature of footbal itself, and their willingness to sacrifice their bodies to help make plays. I'd much rather have 12 games/yr out of those 2 awesome players than 16 out of Ted Ginn Jr., Akin Ayodele, or Gibril Wilson. These are not nagging injuries sustained by these players. They are acute and are cause by massive anatomical trauma from excessive forces upon contact between 2 bodies in motion. Do you guys think a bullet will inflict injury on two different people in two different ways?

Geez, I'm so tired of this oft injured crap. Most players don't make in 3 or 4 years in this league and we're talking about guys who can contribute to this team now, including with Henne's development as a QB, and for the next 3-4 years or more.

Who could we draft in the 2nd who can make more impact or less of a risk? Jerry Hughes, Brandon Spikes, Jason Worilds, Demaryius Thomas, Rejus Benn. I can keep going, but I'm sure you get the point. No to a 2nd, and no to a 3rd. 4th? Maybe.

Wow, that's a bold statement. 0% chance he stays healthy for 3 years?

I would do it for a 2nd, but this FO wouldn't. But if fans wouldn't do it for a 3rd, I'm at a loss.

Is Boldin and injury risk based on his style of play? Absolutely. I will take on that injury risk 10 times over. Did you see the fact that he basically had his jaw wired b/c of that hit he took playing the Jets? Did you also see he came back after 3 or 4 weeks. I remember watching that game thinking this guy could actually be dead based on the hit he took. He came back 3 or 4 weeks later. No tougher WR in the league. I just have a hard time understanding why people believe the toughest WR in the league is NOT worth a 3rd round pick. Baffling. We are talking Patrick Turner. The gamble that a guy you draft doesn't see the field b/c he's not good enough. I would rather take the gamble that Boldin plays 75% of the year as our #1 WR.

To answer your question, YES, we could use another great player like Ronnie.

Classic definition of pessimism and a great example of the conservative mindset this franchise has been plagued with for years. Those TWO players are worth their risks because of their proven PLAYMAKING ability. A draft pick is NOT proven and I can never understand why so much value is placed on them. I'd much rather have Anquan and Ronnie for 12 games each per year than a relative bust like Ted Ginn Jr. or Jason Allen for 16 games.

And besides that, these injuries that they receive are a result of their position, the nature of footbal itself, and their willingness to sacrifice their bodies to help make plays. I'd much rather have 12 games/yr out of those 2 awesome players than 16 out of Ted Ginn Jr., Akin Ayodele, or Gibril Wilson. These are not nagging injuries sustained by these players. They are acute and are cause by massive anatomical trauma from excessive forces upon contact between 2 bodies in motion. Do you guys think a bullet will inflict injury on two different people in two different ways?

Geez, I'm so tired of this oft injured crap. Most players don't make in 3 or 4 years in this league and we're talking about guys who can contribute to this team now, including with Henne's development as a QB, and for the next 3-4 years or more.
You act as if Boldin is a future hall of famer or something. He isn't. He won't stay healthy, and even when he does, he's not this great WR people make him out to be. Top 15? Possibly. Nothing more. News flash, this team is still rebuilding. 29 year old, injury prone WR's on the decline of their careers, who will require an early draft pick and a huge contract is not what this team needs. Not at all. I'd much rather get Antonio Bryant, and another WR in the draft. That's how you build a team, not by trading picks and paying boat loads of cash to declining players. Common sense really.

Wow, that's a bold statement. 0% chance he stays healthy for 3 years?

I would do it for a 2nd, but this FO wouldn't. But if fans wouldn't do it for a 3rd, I'm at a loss.

Is Boldin and injury risk based on his style of play? Absolutely. I will take on that injury risk 10 times over. Did you see the fact that he basically had his jaw wired b/c of that hit he took playing the Jets? Did you also see he came back after 3 or 4 weeks. I remember watching that game thinking this guy could actually be dead based on the hit he took. He came back 3 or 4 weeks later. No tougher WR in the league. I just have a hard time understanding why people believe the toughest WR in the league is NOT worth a 3rd round pick. Baffling. We are talking Patrick Turner. The gamble that a guy you draft doesn't see the field b/c he's not good enough. I would rather take the gamble that Boldin plays 75% of the year as our #1 WR.

And there's a reason this FO wouldn't do it. They're not as dumb as us fans are. That toughest WR in the league you mention is also 29, on the decline, injury prone, and wants a huge contract. Sorry, you don't give up early picks for that. Unless you prefer being mediocre by making the same mistakes past regimes have of course. Would much rather draft the toughest WR in the draft (Demaryius Thomas) in the 2nd than give up a 3rd for Anquan Boldin. Much, much rather, because that's how teams actually get good, through the draft, and not by trading high picks for declining players.

No more than a 4th, we need our draft picks, Boldin is a great player, but I think you underestimate the draft value, great teams are built through draft not FA, ask Redskins. We are looking for more value on the trades, 3rd or more than that is not a value for us, I'd rather having Marshall for a 3rd, he is scaring IMO, not jut great!! I am not concerned about the bagage with Parcells in town. I am sure Pissy is doing that because Tuna want to send a message that is available and get some value.

You act as if Boldin is a future hall of famer or something. He isn't. He won't stay healthy, and even when he does, he's not this great WR people make him out to be. Top 15? Possibly. Nothing more. News flash, this team is still rebuilding. 29 year old, injury prone WR's on the decline of their careers, who will require an early draft pick and a huge contract is not what this team needs. Not at all. I'd much rather get Antonio Bryant, and another WR in the draft. That's how you build a team, not by trading picks and paying boat loads of cash to declining players. Common sense really.

Wow. No. I never called Boldin a future hall of famer, so stop putting words in my mouth. I called him a proven playmaker, which is what he is.

And the whole argument that we must build through the draft is total BS. The MVP of this Super Bowl was Drew Brees, a castoff FA QB with a freshly injured shoulder. New Orleans did not draft him. A key component to that teams success on the defensive side of the ball was Darren Sharper. He was an older FA that no one wanted and he had a great year for that team. Yes, we need good drafts to build a foundation and provide good depth, but you also have to balance that with adding good veterans as leaders of the team.

This is our third year of rebuilding and it is time to make some splashes in FA and with trades. BTW, Antonio Bryant is trash compared to Boldin.

Back
Top Bottom