Boldin , only a newspapper rumor or real target IYO ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boldin , only a newspapper rumor or real target IYO ?

fastball83

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Hello,

two weeks ago, there were many article about boldin to dolphins, IYO that was only a newspapper rumor or dolphins trifecta want really sign him ?

I am a big boldin fan, and IMO if the price is a third and a later (6 or 7) rounder, we must sign him now, because Boldin is a sure thing.

IMO we must pick up a number 1 WR and we cannot to afford to risk a high pick on another risky WR target (what will happen if we sign a young WR in this draft and he become another TG jr) ?

the trifecta must do it and with parcells disliking to sign WR in early round, I think it's not just a rumor , but we want really sign him but I don't understand why it's not made now ?

Opinions

:thanks:

Well we'll find out come Friday if Boldin is on the Fin's radar or not. I expect them to make a hard push for Dansby, maybe Rolle if the price is right and Boldin as long as Arizona is not asking too much for him. I think a 3rd or a 4th rounder and a player.

Time will tell........

I think Arizona would like to ship him for a high draft pick while they still have him under contract. Boldin's main ambition is to get a huge career-ending contract when his current one ends this time next year and he'll go to the highest bidder in 2011 regardless of any trade in the next few weeks.

Most smart teams realise this (that a trade for Boldin only gets him for one season) and hence the Cardinals are unlikely to get more than a mid round pick for him in which case they may decide it's not worth it. I reckon he sees out his contract in Arizona

I'd rather keep the picks, get Dansbury and Antonio Bryant.

I'd rather keep the picks, get Dansbury and Antonio Bryant.

I dont know what people see in Bryant, he's decent but is he a true #1 WR? Probably not on most teams, I'd much rather have a proven WR like Boldin or at least if we get Dansby lets get Des at #12.

He is a legit target and should be. Picks are way overvalued. If we can get Boldin for a 3rd then we should do it. He would be an instant weapon for our offense.

I dont know what people see in Bryant, he's decent but is he a true #1 WR? Probably not on most teams, I'd much rather have a proven WR like Boldin or at least if we get Dansby lets get Des at #12.

Boldin will cost us a pick, Antonio will cost nothing. Antonio was also putting up decent #'s without being on a team that constantly throws like Boldin had the benefit from. Their #'s are pretty much the same too. You may not see A. Bryant as a true #1, but Boldin has not been a true #1 on his team....how is everyone so sure he will be what we are looking for on ours?

Also, Boldin's more of a possession WR....Antonio IMO will stretch the field more. Boldin worries me with injuries too (not that Antonio has been without injury), but Boldins physical play makes him more likely to see him on the sideline some time during the season.

The FO will wait for this one. If no one trades for Boldin, they may get him for a 4th just before the draft.

Boldin will cost us a pick, Antonio will cost nothing. Antonio was also putting up decent #'s without being on a team that constantly throws like Boldin had the benefit from. Their #'s are pretty much the same too. You may not see A. Bryant as a true #1, but Boldin has not been a true #1 on his team....how is everyone so sure he will be what we are looking for on ours?

Also, Boldin's more of a possession WR....Antonio IMO will stretch the field more. Boldin worries me with injuries too (not that Antonio has been without injury), but Boldins physical play makes him more likely to see him on the sideline some time during the season.

Yet Boldin sees less time on the sideline and still outproduces Bryant in every aspect of the game.

Bryant would definitely come cheaper. BUt with him you get no true upgrade at the WR position. He has done nothing to warrant any team believing he would or could be a #1 WR.

Atleast with Boldin you could argue. You can't take away his stats. Everything he has done makes him arguably a true #1 on any team.

With Bryant, there's no real argument that anyone can use to prove he is a legit #1.

So my question is this... Are we looking for a #1 WR? If not, then go for Bryant.But if the Phins are looking for a #1, I am not saying get Boldin, I am saying stay away from Bryant. Huge disappointment and nothing special

I just don't believe we will get him, mainly due to the contract he wants. I don't see us giving up a 3rd round pick and a BIG contract.

what about a 6th rounder and Ted Ginn :) that would make me happy. But i definitely do not think Boldin will be in Arizona next year, whether he is with the fins or not. I would much rather get a proven veteran than draft an unknown.

Yet Boldin sees less time on the sideline and still outproduces Bryant in every aspect of the game.

Bryant would definitely come cheaper. BUt with him you get no true upgrade at the WR position. He has done nothing to warrant any team believing he would or could be a #1 WR.

Atleast with Boldin you could argue. You can't take away his stats. Everything he has done makes him arguably a true #1 on any team.

With Bryant, there's no real argument that anyone can use to prove he is a legit #1.

So my question is this... Are we looking for a #1 WR? If not, then go for Bryant.But if the Phins are looking for a #1, I am not saying get Boldin, I am saying stay away from Bryant. Huge disappointment and nothing special

We get no upgrade at the position with Bryant? Tell me who cmes close to him on our WR core? Bryant has put up several great seasons....on crappy teams.

Just for the record, Boldin doesn't have Bryant beat in all aspects...check out Avg yards per catch. easily a 3 yard difference. We do want to stretch the field without counting on Ginn. Bryant is the better fit there.

Boldin has been on a pass happy team for a long time.....also has been the #2 or 3 guy defenses have had to worry about when Arizona passes. Tough to scream he is still an absolute #1 when he hasn't had that title on his own team for a while.

Im not saying Boldin isn't a beast.....but, he isn't that much off with Bryant.

We get no upgrade at the position with Bryant? Tell me who cmes close to him on our WR core? Bryant has put up several great seasons....on crappy teams.

Just for the record, Boldin doesn't have Bryant beat in all aspects...check out Avg yards per catch. easily a 3 yard difference. We do want to stretch the field without counting on Ginn. Bryant is the better fit there.

Boldin has been on a pass happy team for a long time.....also has been the #2 or 3 guy defenses have had to worry about when Arizona passes. Tough to scream he is still an absolute #1 when he hasn't had that title on his own team for a while.

Im not saying Boldin isn't a beast.....but, he isn't that much off with Bryant.

Several great seasons? Come on man!!!

First of all he has only had 2 seasons over 1000 yards. Only 1 of those 2 can you call an great season. The other was 1009 yards with 4 TD'S. What about that is great?

Last 4 seasons he has averaged under 900 yards. Averages 4.5 TD'S a season.

Please.... Stop comparing him closely to Boldin. He is not even close.

Pass happy offense is just a lame excuse. It's just like saying Aikman wasn't a great QB because of all his weapons. That is one of the most useless arguments. Come it just comes across as an excuse.

I guess we seem to forget how Boldin broke a rookie record without Fitz, without a pass happy offense and without Kurt Warner throwing him the football. Boldin continuously put up 1000 yard seasons regardless of who the RB/QB and other WR'S were. No matter what the offensive scheme was.

Bryant has had 1 great season. That's it.

6 out of Bryant's 8 seasons were Ted Ginn JR like years. So yes, Bryant is not much of an upgrade over Ginn. Cause I would expect, at some point, Ginn to have atleast 1 good year with his speed.

16 games played 733 yards 6 TD'S
16 GAMES PLAYED 550 yards 2 td's
14 games played- 733 yards 3 TD'S
13 GAMES PLAYED- 600 yards 4td's

What looks like the norm to you with Bryant? That 1 1200 yard season. The 1009 yard season. Or the 6 other seasons where not once did he ever get over 734 yards receiving?

Only 2 seasons over 65 receptions.
Out of his other 6 seasons not once did he get more the 45 receptions.

Boldin- Only 2 seasons under 1000 yards. Both were injured seasons.
The other 5 he was over 1000 yards.
Only 1 season was Boldin under 65 recptions.
The other 6 seasons Boldin has had 71 or more catches. Twice eclipsing 100 and 5 of his 7 seasons he was over 80 receptions.

I ask you again. Please don't even try to compare the 2. They aren't close. They are alot more then "that much off"

Several great seasons? Come on man!!!

First of all he has only had 2 seasons over 1000 yards. Only 1 of those 2 can you call an great season. The other was 1009 yards with 4 TD'S. What about that is great?

Last 4 seasons he has averaged under 900 yards. Averages 4.5 TD'S a season.

Please.... Stop comparing him closely to Boldin. He is not even close.

Pass happy offense is just a lame excuse. It's just like saying Aikman wasn't a great QB because of all his weapons. That is one of the most useless arguments. Come it just comes across as an excuse.

I guess we seem to forget how Boldin broke a rookie record without Fitz, without a pass happy offense and without Kurt Warner throwing him the football. Boldin continuously put up 1000 yard seasons regardless of who the RB/QB and other WR'S were. No matter what the offensive scheme was.

Bryant has had 1 great season. That's it.

6 out of Bryant's 8 seasons were Ted Ginn JR like years. So yes, Bryant is not much of an upgrade over Ginn. Cause I would expect, at some point, Ginn to have atleast 1 good year with his speed.

16 games played 733 yards 6 TD'S
16 GAMES PLAYED 550 yards 2 td's
14 games played- 733 yards 3 TD'S
13 GAMES PLAYED- 600 yards 4td's

What looks like the norm to you with Bryant? That 1 1200 yard season. The 1009 yard season. Or the 6 other seasons where not once did he ever get over 734 yards receiving?

Only 2 seasons over 65 receptions.
Out of his other 6 seasons not once did he get more the 45 receptions.

Boldin- Only 2 seasons under 1000 yards. Both were injured seasons.
The other 5 he was over 1000 yards.
Only 1 season was Boldin under 65 recptions.
The other 6 seasons Boldin has had 71 or more catches. Twice eclipsing 100 and 5 of his 7 seasons he was over 80 receptions.

I ask you again. Please don't even try to compare the 2. They aren't close. They are alot more then "that much off"

I don't see a player on a bad team as a poor excuse. Arizona has been pass happy for some time, Bryant...no. And his #'s look a lot bette than what you are spewing. Just knocking off a 1000 yard season because you don't think its that great? Look at our past WRs for I dont know...the past 15 YEARS....ask them what a 1000 yard season means.

I love how someone who is a Dolphin fan is bashing someone who has has ONLY 2 seasons over 1000. A couple of days ago people were screaming for chambers to come back, he had 1. Sad.

His success of late could be our benefit. All the stats that he has been great, has been of late....

Boldin is a possesion WR...no question he would have more Receptions. Thats a given. He also has had the same QB / scheme most of his career. Hasn't been bounced around.

You don't think Bryant is better than Ginn? Really? ok...we'll just leave that alone I guess.

BP and co. are much more likely to go after Bryant...cheaper, no picks guy. I'd be happy with both actually....

Back
Top Bottom