Boldin talks stalling in Arizona | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boldin talks stalling in Arizona

Orlando Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Hello all,

It was reported in NFL.com that Boldin's resigning talks in Arizona are not going all that well. Since we still need a WR, Should Miami make a play for Boldin? I figure he'll want a kings ransom, not sure if the front office would be willing to spend that much for him. What do you all think?:foundout:

I would give up our 1st pick in the 2nd for him. Would consider a 1st if we swapped places with Arizona on the 1st round draft.

Money Will Be The Issue Not Draft Picks

I would give up our 1st pick in the 2nd for him. Would consider a 1st if we swapped places with Arizona on the 1st round draft.

MONEY WILL BE THE ISSUE NOT DRAFT PICKS in obtaining Boldin! If Arizona can't come to agreement with him on a contract what makes you think that the FRUGAL Dolphins will?

The Dolphins will HOPE to find a WR in the draft who will be just as good as Boldin or who fits the BILL but for MILLIONS OF DOLLARS LESS!!

If we don't get Holt, then start thinking about 5 of the top 7 WRs:
1. Crabtree - Will Be Gone
2. Maclin - Most Likely Will Be Gone, Remote Possibility that We Move Up For Him
3. Heyward-Bey
4. Nicks
5. Harvey (SURPRISED??, Will Not Go As High As Some Expect)
6. Robiskie (Better Route Running & Hands than Britt, as long as he doesn't run the 40 and post 4.57 - 4.65 numbers he'll go before Britt)
7. Britt (character concerns and hands questions)

8. THE REST: Iglesias, Murphy, Massaquoi, Tate, Turner, Wallace, Byrd, Williams (if he drastically improves his disapointing combine 40 time)

9. OTHERS: Butler, Barden (will not go as high as a lot of people on this board think), Cosby

I don't think the Boldin thing will ever happen for the Fins. The FO is not going to trade multiple picks for a WR. It is not in their history. I don't think it has anything to do with the Fins being frugal, IMHO, the FO just does not believe in trading multiple picks for 1 player - especially the high picks that it will take to get Boldin.

I agree, it will be a money issue a trade could be possible, but unlikely. The other thing about Boldin is he has a bit of attitude. remember when he stormed off the field during the playoff, and was screaming at the Offenive cord. Could be another TO in the rough.

As unsexy as our FA season has been I really don't see Bolden as an option. It would be pretty sick though and make the AFC east a very dangerous division. With Moss & T.O.

We are going to build through the draft. It has become crystal clear that we aren't going after any hefty contracts, or picking up stars. I believe the Trifecta wants to find their own stars. Young and hungry. I'm all for it.

The draft can't come fast enough!

we will not get boldin not the way bp works trading picks for players, we will get one of those wr's in the second BA

I don't think we are getting Boldin at this point. Too much money. I wish though.

Money would not be the issue, this FO wouldn't be dumb enough to make a trade without a deal in place with the player.

There's no way we'll give up our high draft picks for ANY player, we could have had TJ and Coles for free and didn't even blink an eye!!! Guess what, their not interested in paying some WR or CB huge money.

Who has received the money from this FO - Oline and front seven players. Only Long, Carey, Groves and Smiley got paid real money everyone else decent got fairly small 4/5 year 20mil deals (Crowder,Bell). Do you not see a pattern here!!

We will get a CB in the draft but I'll be surprised if it's in the first because we will still be trying to improve the front seven. Pass Rush, pass rush and collect a bunch of CB's to compete.

Boldin will stay in Zona. Warner is back, OC is gone. Fitz s there. They are gonna try to make another run at it.

Attractive idea! Even an opinion I held at one time. But not going to happen. Our stable is solid & on the rise. We will go to the draft for another WR. We have plenty of time to develop one.
Chemistry & money are always major issues in the free agency of a WR, both of which enter into the evaluation of this one.
Too big of a gamble @ this point in the developmental process.:D

Boldin is signed through 2011. I don't believe there is any holdout talk right now. If they trade him it won't be until next season unless someone offers them a ridiculous deal.

HE IS WORTH A KINGS RANSOM!!!

so PAY IT BILL!!!!

i guess we are going to stay in this if they want to come to miami
it is only going to be for the leauge minimum crap for the next 10
years AGAIN.

YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR TALENT!! bargains get you NO WHERE!!!!

there isnt an nfl player worth what they are all making right now, period!

but, thats the market, and if you want to be competetive, you cant sit
back and hope some pro bowler will sign for the leauge minimum.

wont happen. HASNT HAPPENED!!

we are NOT a true 11-5 team. last year had MANY factors that will not be
there this year. so if bill and company think they can build this team back
up with drafting only within 4 years, THERE NUTS!!!!!!

heck, bill billichek's team is 5x the team we are and he is out there signing
free agents.

he collects TALENT. thats why he WINS!!

Back
Top Bottom