Boldin? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boldin?

bdmagnum

Big Daddy
Reaction score
I have seen many threads talking about acquiring Miles Austin, Vincent Jackson or Brandon Marshall, but I see no one mentioning Anquan Boldin, he's having a GREAT year. Isn't this his last year of his contract? If this is an uncapped year, will the Cardinals finally pay him? What about a trade, is that still an option? Thoughts?

Boldin has a contract, he just wants more $$. If it's an uncapped year maybe they will pay him more. I doubt it since Bill Bidwell is cheap as hell, but maybe. If not, i'd love to trade for him. I don't think he's an elite WR but he's so much better than what we have it's not even funny. I don't think we will though, it's uncharacteristic of us. Except another Ernest Wilford!

If I am not mistaken his contract runs through 2010 for him, but most "insiders" seem to thinkthe Cards will be willing to listen to offers this off-season and might be willing to take less than a first round pick. The Cards do not think they have a shot a resigning him and would like to get something for him.

Boldin wants to play in FL and Miami would be his #1 choice.

If I am not mistaken his contract runs through 2010 for him, but most "insiders" seem to thinkthe Cards will be willing to listen to offers this off-season and might be willing to take less than a first round pick. The Cards do not think they have a shot a resigning him and would like to get something for him.

Boldin wants to play in FL and Miami would be his #1 choice.

How many times have we heard that in the past to watch players go else where. Players number 1 choice is where the money is, if somehow the money was all equal then I could see this but it's not. Boldin clearly stated he wants an upgrade and extension on his current contract, that means he'll play for whoever is willing to do that!

How many times have we heard that in the past to watch players go else where. Players number 1 choice is where the money is, if somehow the money was all equal then I could see this but it's not. Boldin clearly stated he wants an upgrade and extension on his current contract, that means he'll play for whoever is willing to do that!

Not saying he wont, just saying he would like to play in FL. He lives in the Miami area and spends his off-season training with the guys that go back to the U. I don't deny he would take the money, but if he can have his cake and eat it to it would be in FL.

He's hinted at wanting to play in Miami before. He's 29 and has a bunch of good years left. In Miami he wouldn't have to take a backseat to Fitzgerald either, he'd be the starter. This past season he became the 5th fastest WR to get to 7000 yards.

Go for it Phins! We have the money.

Miami is the choice destination for a lot of big name players, marquee free agents. Who doesn't want to live and work in Miami? The beaches, the night life, the weather? Not to mention it's home to many of the football players who played their grew up in Florida and played High School and College Ball at elite institutions there. Yet how many marquee free agents have we gotten this decade? Very few if any at all. Joey Porter and maybe an over the hill Junior Seau? It's mind boggling how this team plays in such an attractive location to talent and still fields the trash it fields.

Miami is the choice destination for a lot of big name players, marquee free agents. Who doesn't want to live and work in Miami? The beaches, the night life, the weather? Not to mention it's home to many of the football players who played their grew up in Florida and played High School and College Ball at elite institutions there. Yet how many marquee free agents have we gotten this decade? Very few if any at all. Joey Porter and maybe an over the hill Junior Seau? It's mind boggling how this team plays in such an attractive location to talent and still fields the trash it fields.

David Boston comes to mind..( FA BUST )

I really think that the night life and weather can put us a disadvantage...

Players have lost focus in the past cause of it..

Parcells will never sign big time guys he is not the type..

Most big time guys are premadonnas..He wants lunchapail type guys..

Plus it would never be on offense..if we ever went after that type of guy..

David Boston comes to mind..( FA BUST )

I really think that the night life and weather can put us a disadvantage...

Players have lost focus in the past cause of it..

Parcells will never sign big time guys he is not the type..

Most big time guys are premadonnas..He wants lunchapail type guys..

Plus it would never be on offense..if we ever went after that type of guy..

i am sorry but the guy use to play in florida when he was in college .... and if the NFL player cant handle the night life? then the dolphins should be moved to somewhere more" night life" friendly.... thats just a crazy statement these guys have families etc not everyone is a "night life" person

Who ever states he is not an Elite WR is incorrect... Man is a beast,he will turn this team around.Also they lied to him 2 years in a row pay everyone but him, he hates the staff but still comes out every game and gives it 100% thats a Sparano type of player thats a real leader that the type of player you want on your team. He doesnt let the team down b/c of contracts.... I have alot of respect for him.

i am sorry but the guy use to play in florida when he was in college .... and if the NFL player cant handle the night life? then the dolphins should be moved to somewhere more" night life" friendly.... thats just a crazy statement these guys have families etc not everyone is a "night life" person

Hey I agree..I would put my career first..but not all guys do that..

Look at Donte Stallworth...he was not even playing in Miami but he could not handle it..

It really depends on each players personality...Some guys it does not effect , others more so...

I have actually always thought it was dumb for the phins to take UM players cause of it...

Just My opinion..

Who states he is not an Elite WR is incorrect... Man is a beast,he will turn this team around.Also they lied to him 2 years in a row pay everyone but him, he hates the staff but still comes out every game and gives it 100% thats a Sparano type of player thats a real leader that the type of player you want on your team. He doesnt let the team down b/c of contracts.... I have alot of respect for him.

What about the fact that the cardinals made a commitment to him...then he turns around and wants more money cause he played well?

That is dumb if he played bad they still would have payed him his guranteed money..

The guy can play I will give him that..Is he worth more money? Yes..

But him and his agent took the fast money instead of waiting..
Ppl hate on TO cause he did the exact same thing..
I dont want players holding my team ransom...

Tuna does not negioate with that kinda of crap..

Boldin, Ginn, Hartline, Camarillo/Bess/ or Turner, and either a lightning quick KR/PR rookie or Bess is what I expect our WR corps to look like next season.

Boldin, Ginn, Hartline, Camarillo/Bess/ or Turner, and either a lightning quick KR/PR rookie or Bess is what I expect our WR corps to look like next season.

I would agree, except for the Ginn addition. I do not see Ted Ginn here next year - the guy is on borrowed time with this regime. He is not their type of player, but for now they are swallowing the pill due to his cap number.

Back
Top Bottom