Bolts may keep Brees,Trade Rivers. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bolts may keep Brees,Trade Rivers.

CrunchTime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
This story has taken on new legs lately.Drew Brees is by far the most improved player in the league and producing MVP-type numbers, something the Chargers obviously never felt was in him.

The question comes up.Can they afford to keep both QBs or will they have to trade one of them.Theoretically they can keep both since they are 20 million under the cap.

They could also decide to trade Rivers.If the Chargers trade him before his option bonus comes due in 2005, his new team would pay the full option bonus .

In addition if they do trade Rivers the Chargers could be in the enviable position of possesing three first round picks.That should be enough capital to help them get into the SB in the near future.

There could be pressure from the veterans and the public to keep Brees if he gets the Chargers into the playoffs for the first time since 1995.

Dont you wish the Dolphins had these kind of problems?.Too many QBs.Too many high picks .:rolleyes:.

How do you think the Bolts will eventually resolve this dilema and do you think the Dolphins have a realistic chance at either one of them?.

I'm sorry but people are crazy if you think Miami is bringing in a high priced FA QB or drafting a QB in R1 or sending a high pick to get a QB. It IS NOT HAPPENING. There are FAR too many holes elsewhere to waste money that we don't have, or picks, when there are other holes, on a QB.

Boomer said:
I'm sorry but people are crazy if you think Miami is bringing in a high priced FA QB or drafting a QB in R1 or sending a high pick to get a QB. It IS NOT HAPPENING. There are FAR too many holes elsewhere to waste money that we don't have, or picks, when there are other holes, on a QB.
And besides we dont know about Feeley yet.We have already invested heavily in him .Looks like now he is getting his chance. :)

I would have to agree with that. Unless he shows himself to be completely useless over the next few weeks, Feeley is staying. The best to hope for is a second tier QB who comes to Miami for the starting job after the market has dried up. Might as well accept it....this team is in for another lousy season.

Boomer said:
Well said. Just like Crunch replied, we also don't know if Feely is any good or not. He has not played near enough yet.

You don't spend a 2nd round pick - a very high 2nd round pick on a QB and play him for a couple of games behind a terrible line, with the worst starting OC and RG combo in the league, with no running game to speak of, with about 8 different people giving him advice from the coaching side and then dump him because he throws a couple of picks and use more high picks on unproven players.

It's a ridiculous strategy that won't happen here.

AJ Smith is a shark...He'll franchise Brees and attempt to auction him off to the highest bidder. Green Bay, Washington, Chicago, among others, would be interested in his services.

If Smith gets no takers, he'll just cut him before the season starts (those franchise contracts aren't guaranteed).

I would MUCH rather have Rivers than Brees, any day of the week...heck, i wanted us to draft rivers this year. Brees is a half year wonder.

Fix your O-Line!!! Brees, Rivers, Marino, or Montana will struggle with that line!

F I X T H E L I N E + RB + NEW COACH = MORE WINS WITH FEELEY or ________.

L.T.21 said:
Fix your O-Line!!! Brees, Rivers, Marino, or Montana will struggle with that line!

F I X T H E L I N E + RB + NEW COACH = MORE WINS WITH FEELEY or ________.

Somebody else with a brain. Thanks Charger fan!

Feeley is a bum and a bum with an ego is the last thing we need around here.I still want us to draft Rodgers or at least get a QB in the first 3 rounds but at this point we dont know if we auction off ricky and what we get also it is a very real possibility we get rid of surtain for picks so lets wait and see but I dont think feeley is worth a pot to piss in.

finregime said:
Feeley is a bum and a bum with an ego is the last thing we need around here.I still want us to draft Rodgers or at least get a QB in the first 3 rounds but at this point we dont know if we auction off ricky and what we get also it is a very real possibility we get rid of surtain for picks so lets wait and see but I dont think feeley is worth a pot to piss in.
Amen to that. Rodgers is the guy we need. Feeley has shown nothing except stupidity and the occasional nice pass. Fix the O-line yes, but you can do that with later picks and FA. We just need to find out who can play and who can't so we know how many holes we have on it. But I have no problem taking a QB 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th and I hope it's Rodgers. Not sure I want to take an O-linemen that high- Gallery could have been taken lower and Tony Mandarich comes to mind. And yes, so does Ryan Leak and a bunch of other busts a QB but it's a risk either way.

You have to take into account that the Chargers have been searching for a QB forever....now that they have found one in Drew, they will be VERY VERY reluctant to let him go.
You never know if Rivers comes in and does a Ryan Leaf....then they are back to square one.

I see Brees back with the Chargers next season. Their luck with the QB position is by far the worst.

Back
Top Bottom