Booing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booing

Jahlove

Scout Team
Reaction score
I am sure this has been said before, but I just don't get it. I know, I know...you paid for your seats so you have every right to boo or scream or laugh or whatever. I get it. My question is why? You are obviously out there, like me, sweating your *** off in 100 degree weather and getting frustrated with every pass interference or sack taken. What do you actually think booing will do? Do you think Nick will say, "these guys are upset, I need to make them happy and put Joey in!" Even if putting Joey in was the better move, booing isn't going to expedite it. All it does is shake Daunte's confidence and pump up the other team. Zero, I repeat, zero good can come out of it. So, for those of you out there booing, please tell me why you do it. Honestly. Let's not turn this into a slamfest or immature name calling session. I just want to know your rationale. Oh and for the record, when I am at home watching the game I let out more f-bombs then you can imagine. I am constantly screaming how bad we suck when we are playing poorly, I just don't do it at the game.

Sorry for the rant.

the rationale is, you want Miami to win and play well. They go out there and stink the place up, you will SHOW your displeasure.

If you go out to eat, they bring you your food. It's cold with a hair in it. Do you sit there and smile, and not say a word? No, you speak up and voice your displeasure (no you don't boo in the resturant lol) and say something.

Well you go to a football game, the team stinks, you boooooooooooo!

Jahlove said:
I am sure this has been said before, but I just don't get it. I know, I know...you paid for your seats so you have every right to boo or scream or laugh or whatever. I get it. My question is why? You are obviously out there, like me, sweating your *** off in 100 degree weather and getting frustrated with every pass interference or sack taken. What do you actually think booing will do? Do you think Nick will say, "these guys are upset, I need to make them happy and put Joey in!" Even if putting Joey in was the better move, booing isn't going to expedite it. All it does is shake Daunte's confidence and pump up the other team. Zero, I repeat, zero good can come out of it. So, for those of you out there booing, please tell me why you do it. Honestly. Let's not turn this into a slamfest or immature name calling session. I just want to know your rationale. Oh and for the record, when I am at home watching the game I let out more f-bombs then you can imagine. I am constantly screaming how bad we suck when we are playing poorly, I just don't do it at the game.

Sorry for the rant.

These guys get paid a lot of money, just think of it as an employee being talked to by his boss for poor performance on the job. It's his job to be a man, pick himself up and give these fans a reason to cheer. He gets paid a lot of money to do that.

muscle979 said:
These guys get paid a lot of money, just think of it as an employee being talked to by his boss for poor performance on the job. It's his job to be a man, pick himself up and give these fans a reason to cheer. He gets paid a lot of money to do that.

I agree, but to simplify things. It's just part of american culture.

You go to church, you pray. You go to sporting events, you boooo. Maybe you booo the road team or sometimes the home team, but its just what ya do.

Again, I understand why people do it, but if you realized that it would actually be counterproductive would you have the self-control to not do it. Is voicing your displeasure more important then giving the team every opportunity to win.

Why do you think home field advantage is so important in this game. You think it's just because the players like having their own locker?

Believe it or not, the fans have a HUGE impact on the game. So when we boo, we are NEGATIVELY affecting our team.

I understand the desire to want to boo. I just desire to win more, so I don't.

Jahlove said:
Again, I understand why people do it, but if you realized that it would actually be counterproductive would you have the self-control to not do it. Is voicing your displeasure more important then giving the team every opportunity to win.

Why do you think home field advantage is so important in this game. You think it's just because the players like having their own locker?

Believe it or not, the fans have a HUGE impact on the game. So when we boo, we are NEGATIVELY affecting our team.

Hopefully the roster is filled with men and not crybabies who can't handle some booing. Fans across the board want to be heard when they're angry about the play of their team.

Jahlove said:

if you actually think fans booo'ing has any effect on the outcome of games your nuts!

fans have NO impact on anything

Again, I think you are missing the point. No one said the players would cry if they were booed. I will put this as simple as I can (and I don't mean to sound condescending).

Do you think a player will play better if he is booed or cheered? What about booed or nothing?

I want to give OUR players every opportunity to make plays. Now if we are losing 50-3 and it doesn't matter, I can see it. The fans were booing in the first half. It is pathetic.

MikeO said:
if you actually think fans booo'ing has any effect on the outcome of games your nuts!

fans have NO impact on anything

Of course the fans have an outcome on games. Do you think Saban or any other coach would take the time to ask the fans not to boo, or to cheer loudly if it didn't matter?

The is a game of emotions and momentum.

Jahlove said:
Again, I think you are missing the point. No one said the players would cry if they were booed. I will put this as simple as I can (and I don't mean to sound condescending).

Do you think a player will play better if he is booed or cheered? What about booed or nothing?

I want to give OUR players every opportunity to make plays. Now if we are losing 50-3 and it doesn't matter, I can see it. The fans were booing in the first half. It is pathetic.

I don't want to sound condescending, but you think a bunch of fans going either YEAHHHHH or BOOOOOOO has an impact on anything? Seriously. Your giving fans too much credit and want to give yourself some self-worth at sporting events.

It has no impact on anything.

Jahlove said:
Of course the fans have an outcome on games. Do you think Saban or any other coach would take the time to ask the fans not to boo, or to cheer loudly if it didn't matter?

The is a game of emotions and momentum.

Saban is an idiot for even bringing this up. Especially when his team just **** the bed today.

And fans have no impact on anything. Please.

You are absolutely right MikeO. Fans have zero impact on games. Furthermore, my life is so shallow that I go to games to enhance my self-esteem and hope that every time I cheer Daunte will hear me, see me in the stands, wink and then throw a TD. I will know it was because of me.

Why do you think coaches and commentators talk about "taking the fans out of the game"? If it didn't matter, why would they care?

dont worry about it man... our players are all adults and they aren't gonna think twice about some stupid *** fans booing them.

I appreciate it McMichael but I have to respectfully disagree. I really think it is simple psychology. Positive reinforcement yields positive results, or at least gives better opportunity then negative reinforcement.

I also think it is classless, and I guess that was one of my main points.

Again, ignore my rants. The sun has beaten me down today.

Back
Top Bottom