Booker and Chambers Will Be Scary-Good | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker and Chambers Will Be Scary-Good

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This year.

I already love what I see of Booker and he looks like he will be the PERFECT compliment to Chambers. We saw what a big time quality receiver in the lineup with CC will do in the Tampa game. Chambers caught a lot of balls in the first half (when he played) and there's no reason to believe that will change.

All we need is a QB that can actually get the ball to the receivers on the money - that QB is AJ Feely. Period.

DW has to have his mind already made up. Just re-watching all three preseason games should convince any reasonable fan about who our QB is and should be come opening day. Feely moved the team. Fiedler did not. Feely's passes (most of them) were right on the money. Fiedler's were not (how many times do we have to see Chambers stretching out awkwardly to catch a pass?).

Make no mistake, our offense will be carried by Chris Chambers and Marty Booker. Everything will stem from these two. Opposing defenses will soften up their run to double both of these guys and our run game will open up. You saw a bit of that in the second quarter when Sammy Morris came into the game. Also, any double-double coverages (CB and Linebacker combos) will open up the middle for McMichael and Konrad.

Fiedler took almost no chances downfield, preferring to dump off on most of his passes. Preseason defensive gameplans will give us that junk all day. Come opening day however, ther first thing a defense is going to do is take away the short passing game - daring us to throw deep. In these cases, what is Fiedler going to do? Likely throw it away, or make the safe inaccurate throw towards the sideline. Feely can make teams pay for this strategy. The second thing defenses are going to do is blitz. Prior to the Tampa game I thought this was perhaps an advantage for Fiedler because Feely showed a propensity to hold on to the ball a little too long instead of making the proper adjustment and getting rid of the ball. But after the Tampa game, Feely proved he can handle the blitz and fire the ball to the correct place in the face of an onrushing defender. He made three great plays under this scenario Saturday. Now I give this advantage to Feely as well. So in my book, there is no debate - Feely should be the guy.

Im sorry, but i turned on the tube from the time that feeley took over and i can honestly say he has a nice ball, about 60% of the time. What i saw was one ball almost get INT. Another almost got sammy morris killed and another to chambers that was behind him but in between the defenders, which is what fielder ussually does. i think people are just wanting feeley reguardless.

Feeley is the better QB... Watch closer...

wit the rite play calling this offense will scare alot of people no doubt

We all know that the run game is going to struggle. But without a good line, Booker's presence won't improve the offense much. It will take pressure of Chambers, but the guy who's going to get him the ball has to do work magic with a average at best line. When the running game is struggling, PA's would be laughed at. Making it very difficult for a 1-dimensional team to succeed.

I disagree that the line is average. Re-view the first drive of the Washington game and the first half of the Tampa game (against perhaps one of the best front sevens in football). McKinney and James are playing at a very high level. St. Clair is playing well. Whitley and Smith improved significantly between those games and Mcintosh is going to replace either Smith or St. Clair depending on whether Smith can make another equal leap from this week to next. I believe our starting Oline will be:

Mcintosh, James, McKinney, Whitley, St. Clair

With Smith backing up the left side. That's a line that's young and powerful.

OrangeCrush said:
We all know that the run game is going to struggle. But without a good line, Booker's presence won't improve the offense much. It will take pressure of Chambers, but the guy who's going to get him the ball has to do work magic with a average at best line. When the running game is struggling, PA's would be laughed at. Making it very difficult for a 1-dimensional team to succeed.

Is that why NE has won 2 of the last 3 SB's? A 1-demensional team has a hard time succeeding. Mmmmmm.

The way it looks, even with a average o-line and the sorry state of affairs our running game is in, I think with feeley we could score some points. It was fiedler who was throwing those balls that almost got Chambers beheaded. From what I saw, Feeley was hitting people in stride and right on the hands. I really like his emotion and the way he controls the offence. One last thought, you can win in the NFL without a very good running game, it is not the ideal way to do things but you can make it happen with crisp route running, good passing, dump off passes to the backs, and testing the safteys deep on occasion. Sound familar??? Yep it is the NE Patsy from the last 3 years (also a guy named Dan Marino did it for us for years without any type of D that we have now)!! Have faith, it is not like we are asking for a 40 point a week offense guys, with the D we have, if we get 20 points a week, we should win the AFC east easily. Go Fins.

MDFINFAN said:
Is that why NE has won 2 of the last 3 SB's? A 1-demensional team has a hard time succeeding. Mmmmmm.
I guess you didn't read what I said.

New England = Dam* good line

Name the last team that had a great offense with a weak line.

miamirw said:
I disagree that the line is average. Re-view the first drive of the Washington game and the first half of the Tampa game (against perhaps one of the best front sevens in football). McKinney and James are playing at a very high level. St. Clair is playing well. Whitley and Smith improved significantly between those games and Mcintosh is going to replace either Smith or St. Clair depending on whether Smith can make another equal leap from this week to next. I believe our starting Oline will be:

Mcintosh, James, McKinney, Whitley, St. Clair

With Smith backing up the left side. That's a line that's young and powerful.
If you disagree that the line is not average, but better. Are you classifing the line as "Good"?

This Duo is kinda like The Steelers duo we got speed chambers(WARD) we got possesion booker(BURRESS) and then they also got freeman he may not be as fast as randle el but hes good enuff!!!

miamirw said:
This year.

I already love what I see of Booker and he looks like he will be the PERFECT compliment to Chambers. We saw what a big time quality receiver in the lineup with CC will do in the Tampa game. Chambers caught a lot of balls in the first half (when he played) and there's no reason to believe that will change.

All we need is a QB that can actually get the ball to the receivers on the money - that QB is AJ Feely. Period.

DW has to have his mind already made up. Just re-watching all three preseason games should convince any reasonable fan about who our QB is and should be come opening day. Feely moved the team. Fiedler did not. Feely's passes (most of them) were right on the money. Fiedler's were not (how many times do we have to see Chambers stretching out awkwardly to catch a pass?).

Make no mistake, our offense will be carried by Chris Chambers and Marty Booker. Everything will stem from these two. Opposing defenses will soften up their run to double both of these guys and our run game will open up. You saw a bit of that in the second quarter when Sammy Morris came into the game. Also, any double-double coverages (CB and Linebacker combos) will open up the middle for McMichael and Konrad.

Fiedler took almost no chances downfield, preferring to dump off on most of his passes. Preseason defensive gameplans will give us that junk all day. Come opening day however, ther first thing a defense is going to do is take away the short passing game - daring us to throw deep. In these cases, what is Fiedler going to do? Likely throw it away, or make the safe inaccurate throw towards the sideline. Feely can make teams pay for this strategy. The second thing defenses are going to do is blitz. Prior to the Tampa game I thought this was perhaps an advantage for Fiedler because Feely showed a propensity to hold on to the ball a little too long instead of making the proper adjustment and getting rid of the ball. But after the Tampa game, Feely proved he can handle the blitz and fire the ball to the correct place in the face of an onrushing defender. He made three great plays under this scenario Saturday. Now I give this advantage to Feely as well. So in my book, there is no debate - Feely should be the guy.
It says here, right here---------->.....that your book is reliable.

i wouldn´t call NE line a "Dam* good line", they are solid, good, but not in KC´s class for example, imo

Back
Top Bottom