Booker and Welker | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker and Welker

Nope. Thanks to you, I now have "people" who I trust to do it for me.

I love watching Booker play. Some may say he's boring, but I don't get it.

Booker is an excellent all around WR. He blocks great, runs good routes, and is very sure handed. Im very disappointed in chambers, and if we draft or sign a good wr (which i think we need to) chambers could be gone or demoted.

Roman529 said:
Booker had a nice game...Welker was up and down...he made some nice catches but he did not do anything on his punt or kickioff returns and he almost fumbled away one return that put us in horrible field position. I think the bottom line is this was a TEAM loss....when you don't take advabtage off the opportunity to put up at least 17 points in the 1st half you have nobody but yourself to blame when you lose.

Welker had a 46 yard KICK OFF return today.

Welker shows up game in game out. Not saying you are questioning him, but he did have a good game as a WR and a return guy today.

why dindt we go to mcmike when he is our best endzone guy and sure hands most of the time? chambers was awful all day. how dumb can we get as an organization. its like u have kobe on ur team iwht 5 seconds left down 2 but u put hte ball in odoms hands. you dont go to a good/decent player, you go to ur BEST guy.

SweepeR said:
why dindt we go to mcmike when he is our best endzone guy and sure hands most of the time? chambers was awful all day. how dumb can we get as an organization. its like u have kobe on ur team iwht 5 seconds left down 2 but u put hte ball in odoms hands. you dont go to a good/decent player, you go to ur BEST guy.

I think maybe the better use of your basketball analogy here is between Ronnie and Gus. When you're on the 5 yard line and have enough time to do a little running, why put the ball in Gus's hands?

SweepeR said:

I dunno bout going to McM on the last play, but Welker was open at the goal line. He had TWO steps on the DB trying to cover him.

But I can understand why Frerotte and more than likely why Linehan called CC's # on the last play. He is supposed to be our money guy. I don't know if they will continue to have that kind of confidence in him any longer however.

iBLEEDaqua04 said:
i just say abandon the pass game all together and let R&R get 20 carries a peice
Why abandon it? Gus had 360 yards and could have easily had over 400. We just need the receivers to step it up and cacth the easy ones.

Chambers caught that one td on the same play so I think they wanted to go back to what worked. It was dumb to do it in the sun though. we should have tried a run or hit welker on a slant

SuperDuperFan said:
Chambers caught that one td on the same play so I think they wanted to go back to what worked. It was dumb to do it in the sun though. we should have tried a run or hit welker on a slant

2 time outs
1st & goal from the 7 (or 6..whatever)
4 down territory no matter what
Ronnie's averaging 4.5 on only 14 carries
Why not run...it's as if the Pats knew we were going to throw and blitzed right up the middle...
If it was tossed to Ronnie on the outside he probably could've found enough room to get into the endzone, since the middle was so clogged..

SweepeR said:
McMike let a sure TD pass goe through his hands last week (Atlanta) in the endzone, if he would had caught it, might have had a different outcome in the game also...

Just seems that we have had inconsistant plays from our main playmakers late or has it been for the last 4 games...

Welker and Booker both need to be promoted over Chambers. Chambers needs some serious pass catching coaching. Doesn't Holt catch 1000 passes a day in practice? Chambers could use some serious experence like that, or maybe TO could come to camp and help Chambers... he's going to be needing a job soon. Do you think the Eagles will repay us for taking AJ by giving us a first for Chambers?

ohall said:
Welker had a 46 yard KICK OFF return today.

Welker shows up game in game out. Not saying you are questioning him, but he did have a good game as a WR and a return guy today.

Might have been a team lose but "Booker" and Welker have been playing consistently above average sinde the first game. Welker gives consistent field position and adds nice to the offense at times. Booker can catch on the run and has been consistent when used. They both seem to have a winning attitude amongst a group that has been satisfied to be OK for a long time. Brown is a great addition as well. I am not ready to give up on Ricky yet although some did not like him today. He again made a catch our receivers would have dropped. We need to upgrade our third receiver to be our first and keep chambers and Booker. Chambers would be hungrier that way.

Disnardo said:
McMike let a sure TD pass goe through his hands last week (Atlanta) in the endzone, if he would had caught it, might have had a different outcome in the game also...

Just seems that we have had inconsistant plays from our main playmakers late or has it been for the last 4 games...

through the articles i was reading adn watchng it myself it was another OUT STRETCHED MCMIKE attempt. the ball was over thrown as todays pass was also underthrown to chambers. Yes he could have got it but his fingertips BARELY got to feel the ball last week. Do you see any other team have players like ours jumping 234234 ft to catch a ball? i dont see it much.

Back
Top Bottom