Booker, Chambers, and a season called 'Genius' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker, Chambers, and a season called 'Genius'

South Florida

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Chambers is a great great talent. One of the top receivers in the NFL.

But he doesn't have anything 'posession receiver' about him.

If we start Booker at the 1, and honestly treat him that way, he could easily have 100 catches and 1300 yards.

This focus on Booker will make the double teams head his way.

Chambers will get the same amount of catches that he always does: Between 50 and 70. But the average per catch should go up 7 yards and he could easily have 15 touchdowns.

He's a huge threat, and we have 2 legitimate go to receivers.

I think moving Booker to the focus will not only give us many more passing 1st downs on 3rd down, it will also open up the deep bomb for Chris.

Or we could always draft Matt Jones from Arkansas, move Chambers to the slot, never fail on 3rd downs, and watch Chris average 39 yards per catch as we burn the NFL alive.

I think Booker needs to make a move for Chambers to be as successful as we all know he can be.

Other than Steve Smith and Santana Moss, who has a 5'10 lead receiver?

Hopefully not us.

*Chambers is my favorite receiver in the league. That must be understood.

South Florida said:

Chris Chambers has long legs and arms, and a monster vertical. The heights are close, but the other measurables are not. I don't feel Chambers is a true #1, but Booker is not. He had some very good seasons, but since his injury has never been the same player.

South Florida said:

The only other top receivers I can think of under 6-o are Mason and Coles.

South Florida said:

If we start Booker at the 1, and honestly treat him that way, he could easily have 100 catches and 1300 yards.

Chambers will get the same amount of catches that he always does: Between 50 and 70. But the average per catch should go up 7 yards and he could easily have 15 touchdowns.

I think moving Booker to the focus will not only give us many more passing 1st downs on 3rd down, it will also open up the deep bomb for Chris.

Or we could always draft Matt Jones from Arkansas, move Chambers to the slot, never fail on 3rd downs, and watch Chris average 39 yards per catch as we burn the NFL alive.

I think Booker needs to make a move for Chambers to be as successful as we all know he can be.

Hopefully not us.

this is ridiculous....i love it when people just pull bs out their ***.....u ever see the guy drop a pass??? uan offense that can stay on the fieild combined w/ a focus on actually getting the guy the ball ....could lead to either one of these guys cathing 100 balls.....randy moss, jerry rice only catch 100 balls if you throw them the ball 100 times

afishfan said:
this is ridiculous....i love it when people just pull bs out their ***.....u ever see the guy drop a pass??? uan offense that can stay on the fieild combined w/ a focus on actually getting the guy the ball ....could lead to either one of these guys cathing 100 balls.....randy moss, jerry rice only catch 100 balls if you throw them the ball 100 times

I'd respond to this but I feel that I need a translator to get through that.

South Florida said:

Hopefully not us.

I could see this. I think we need one more WR, tall hopefully.

afishfan said:
Happy St. Pattys Day bro....how many green beers have we had tonight?

Yeah, I was upset to see Boston go, his measurables and potential are off the chart for the #1 receiver position on the left side.

But Booker is good. Someone mentioned him not being the same since his injury, but I remember reading about how he had gained some weight after his Pro Bowl season because they wanted him to go over the middle more as a possession receiver. He might flourish again if groomed for a good balance of speed and size.

Chambers is always a threat on the right side and I could see him moving into the slot in some situations if a taller guy like Derrius Thompson takes his spot on the outside. Add a speedy guy like Gilmore for the other slot in the four-wide set and you've got some good matchups, I think.

Plus there's that kid with all the talent from training camp last year (Kendall Newson?) who might be at 100% for his first Camp Saban.

I think if teams put their top Cb on Booker he is going to be taken out of games, I doubt anyone would need a double team, hes not that good. Chambers does need someone to take the focus off of him a bit but we'd probaly have to look in the draft at someone capable of being a #1, you can't just make a decent 2nd receiver like Booker into a #1 by throwing to him all day.

It's really all about balance and not relying on one guy or aspect of the offense to carry you - like Wanny did with Ricky. The Patriots are the perfect example of this (ugh! I just complimented the Patsies!). Spread the ball around and work the playbook, not the superstar.

Booker may not be a world-beater right now, but Chambers has spent most of his career being double-teamed. Now you have Booker, Chambers and McMichael along with a decent offensive scheme, I think things change. A balanced threat makes them all better.

Factor in a healthy Lamar Gordon who can also be a threat in the passing game and you have a recipe for success in a Linehan-style offense.

Back
Top Bottom