Booker, Chambers, and a season called 'Genius' | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker, Chambers, and a season called 'Genius'

It worked for Nate burlson when Moss was out. I think he has about 4 100 yd games during that stretch. Booker was really productive IN CHICAGO as the #1. Since neither Booker or Chambers is Moss, Linehan will need to use both of these guys it make his offense work. Unless both guys can keep the safety from cheating up to stop the run his system won't work. I'm sure the OC will fill each WR spot with which ever guy best fits that roll. 1, 2, Slot does it really matter where the guy lines up if he's getting the ball?

Hostile7 said:
Chris Chambers has long legs and arms, and a monster vertical. The heights are close, but the other measurables are not. I don't feel Chambers is a true #1, but Booker is not. He had some very good seasons, but since his injury has never been the same player.

What injury? The ankle in 2003? BULL****!

He posted up 335 yards in the final four games of the 2003 season. That happened with an utter mess at the QB position. You can't use 2004's production with the Dolphins to prove any point with a player acquired about 5 minutes before the season started when nobody including the OC knew what the hell was up with the offense.

finfansince72 said:
I think if teams put their top Cb on Booker he is going to be taken out of games, I doubt anyone would need a double team, hes not that good. Chambers does need someone to take the focus off of him a bit but we'd probaly have to look in the draft at someone capable of being a #1, you can't just make a decent 2nd receiver like Booker into a #1 by throwing to him all day.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/BookMa00.htm

Do you think a receiver posts up back to back 1000 yard seasons in a terrible Bears offense and makes the Pro Bowl because he's "not that good"? Do you think teams were busy covering the mighty David Terrell with their #1 CB when these seasons happened? Ooh, maybe it was Dez White commanding double teams and leaving some linebacker covering Booker. :rolleyes2

Hostile 17 said:
But Booker is good. Someone mentioned him not being the same since his injury, but I remember reading about how he had gained some weight after his Pro Bowl season because they wanted him to go over the middle more as a possession receiver. He might flourish again if groomed for a good balance of speed and size.

I don't even think you need to get his weight back down for more speed to have him flourish. It really does all depend on what you need him to do, though. He was back to tip top shape after the ankle injury in 2003 by the end of that year and was producing on track with his 2001-2002 stats. Ankle injuries early in a season can really kill a WR's productivity, but they're not the sort of thing that changes who a player is. Owens had a very similar lost season to Booker's 2003 and bounced back. Booker would have also done so if he hadn't been thrown in the middle of a chaotic situation.

personally i would trade booker to the ravens for boulware and a mid round pick. The ravens are currently shopping Boulware and he is THE prototype of a 3-4 outside linebacker, which we desperately need if we are to play some 3-4 and eventually switch to the system

dolfancoolio said:
personally i would trade booker to the ravens for boulware and a mid round pick. The ravens are currently shopping Boulware and he is THE prototype of a 3-4 outside linebacker, which we desperately need if we are to play some 3-4 and eventually switch to the system

Boulware and a pick??? If I'm correct Boulware was a 1st round pick, so why would they trade him and a pick for Booker who isnt a complete stud of a WR? I think if anything like that were to happen it would be us giving up a pick with booker to get boulware.

keep in mind boulware is old and coming off a season spent injured

Why are so many people eager to move Booker? Even if you don't like him for whatever reason, it would seem only logical to me to let him rebound statistically this season and then trade him when his value is back up. I personally hope they redo his contract and he retires a Dolphin. The Bears were idiots for moving him, and I think you're all going to see what I have seen in him soon enough.

South Florida said:
Linehan is our head chef, and he's cooking up some balance for us.

And you know this how..????
:confused:

we need a double threat ...

hopefully the both get alot of catches... booker and chambers with mcmicheals

even more... mc mike is the real deal, though he had a bad end to the season..

Chambers can be a True #1, he has incredible hands, I think he can be explosive and a possession WR if we use him right. I think Booker is a good #2, hes no #1. I think who we need most of all is ORONDE GADSDEN!!!!

Warning, you will get stoned. I posted numerous times Chambers isnt a #1 WR in the NFL and we need to draft/sign a guy and I got crap for it.

Hostile7 said:
Chris Chambers has long legs and arms, and a monster vertical. The heights are close, but the other measurables are not. I don't feel Chambers is a true #1, but Booker is not. He had some very good seasons, but since his injury has never been the same player.
What the HELL are you talking about?

Finfan86 said:
Chambers can be a True #1, he has incredible hands, I think he can be explosive and a possession WR if we use him right. I think Booker is a good #2, hes no #1. I think who we need most of all is ORONDE GADSDEN!!!!

What is so hard about this? BOOKER IS A #1. HE HAS BEEN IN THE PAST AND HAS GONE TO THE PRO BOWL AS A #1.

Jimmy James said:
What injury? The ankle in 2003? BULL****!

He posted up 335 yards in the final four games of the 2003 season. That happened with an utter mess at the QB position. You can't use 2004's production with the Dolphins to prove any point with a player acquired about 5 minutes before the season started when nobody including the OC knew what the hell was up with the offense.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/BookMa00.htm

Do you think a receiver posts up back to back 1000 yard seasons in a terrible Bears offense and makes the Pro Bowl because he's "not that good"? Do you think teams were busy covering the mighty David Terrell with their #1 CB when these seasons happened? Ooh, maybe it was Dez White commanding double teams and leaving some linebacker covering Booker. :rolleyes2

at least someone on this board has a brain^

Back
Top Bottom