Booker is the man | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker is the man

rainmaker1313 said:
I have to agree with this at this point as well.

maybe avg is a good thing. Avg guys don't seem to drop the ball all that much. They don't break long YAC plays, but they catch it on 3rd on 20 when they have gotten the first down...

DolphinFan90 said:
I totally agree.......hes not even in the top 30 in the NFL in recieving yards.....a couple people ahead of him that i aint never heard of.........Eddie Kennison for Kansas City, L.J Smith for Philly speaking of philly Brain Westbrook has more yards than him and hes a running back. lets not speak of him too highly, but im still a dolphins fan ( A HUGE ONE) and i say hes good sometimes.

look at their offenses compared to ours. kennison is the only receiver to throw to in KC, smith and westbrook play with donovan mcnabb at qb so of course theyre gonna get yards.

Right now Our 2 wideouts production has been rather dissapointing. Marty has been far from the man... he has just over 100 yards in our last 3 games, from about 7 catches. Even worse, Chambers only has 18 catches for barely more yardage than Marty. I'm not trying to bring anyone down here, I don't bash players.. But, c'mon ..our passing offense should produce better. Marty really hasn't been a factor since week 1. There will probably be 3 guys with more receptions than him when the season is done.

Can we win a SB said:
everyone was down on him last year, but he has been the most consistent receiver in our team.. props to him, i say 900 to 1000 yards this year..
i'm with you too... i think he is a better all-around WR than Chambers, actually.

if only he got as many looks as Chamber did....

i'm actually for reversing their roles... make Booker our #1 and Chambers our #2... much like Smith and Lelie for the Broncs... . Chambers can be the deep threat (like lelie) and booker the main/goto/possession guy.

Booker and Chambers 'will' look better as the year gets on. Remember for both of them this is something totally different then they've been used to for years. Sure they are used to a gimp at QB but they aren't used to being in a 'throw it down the field' offense. There's been quite a few times Booker and Chambers have had their man beat for VERY big plays only for Gus to overthrow/underthrow it by 10-15 yards.

Offenses like defense take time to grow and if you look at the stats this offense is off to a decent start.

I keep wondering if people forget that he went to the pro bowl. When he played for Chicago!!

People say that Chambers should be a number 2 receiver. Maybe they are right maybe they aren't. But Booker has been a number 1 in the past on a team with no offensive weapons and no other receivers to draw away coverage. Maybe he can be our number 1.

CashInFist said:
He is a Pro Bowl WR...hardly average. But even average WR's have put up 1000 yard seasons. He has even done it before. :shakeno:
If you're still talking about Booker, then yes he has.

texasPHINSfan said:
i'm with you too... i think he is a better all-around WR than Chambers, actually.

if only he got as many looks as Chamber did....

i'm actually for reversing their roles... make Booker our #1 and Chambers our #2... much like Smith and Lelie for the Broncs... . Chambers can be the deep threat (like lelie) and booker the main/goto/possession guy.

yup. as for those who are saying booker isnt producing, hes averaging almost 20 yds/catch. that tells me he isnt getting the ball enough

1000 yrd reciever? from miami? HAHHAA! funny! for one, impossible cuz unlike other teams, we dont go to our GO TO guys ever. whether its mcmike, chambers, or booker, if the game is on the line or we need our first downs etc etc we nevre go to them lke other teams. second, we dont have an offense like other teams that have 1yrd recievers. haven't had one since the marino era.

I like Booker, he's a solid reciever. He'll break out one of these games.

Miamifin23 said:
I like Booker, he's a solid reciever. He'll break out one of these games.
he did... game 1.

he just hasnt' gotten the looks.

EVERY ball that was thrown to him that was catchable, he has caught and unlike ANYone else on the fins roster, Booker gets YAC

food for thought:

booker and boston have had nearly identical careers.

many were high on boston even after two knee operations and booker is continuously overlooked

EDIT: according to this (i had to register, its pretty quick) booker runs the 40 in 4.54. not an all out burner, but not slow by any means as some have suggested

Marty would get more looks if he wasn't our 3rd passing option. Perhaps he could make a better #1 than Chambers, but our coaching staff doesn't think so.

Marty and Chris are similar IMO, in that they both are all around targets. Both can make tough catches in traffic, work the sidelines, go deep, and go up and get the ball. It's just that Chambers makes tougher catches, he's faster, and more agile. Don't get me wrong Booker can do some things better than Chris, like take a hit, break a tackle, play a jump ball.. but Chris is clearly a better option.

Back
Top Bottom