Booker trade? , David Sutton , Saban scouting | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker trade? , David Sutton , Saban scouting

JepheryRoss

Starter
Reaction score
Palm Harbor, FL (originally New Haven, CT)
Just wanted to talk about a couple tidbits

If we're to trade Marty Booker... Where would be a good home for him? Buffalo (dont like trading within the division), Houston, Cleveland, Dallas, Tampa Bay, and maybe Oakland.... ? I'm not really sure that I see too many teams giving up much for him and he could be more valuable on our roster. I think it would be great to get something for him and get Hagan into the #2 spot, but if all we're going to get is a 6th round pick, I'd rather keep him.

David Sutton seems really impressive (although its early and we haven't even put pads on). He looks like a big reliable end zone target. Whats the chance that we get him to bulk about about 20lbs and convert him into a tight end?

Lastly, even though we're all supposed to hate him... I really have to tip my hat to the scouting and drafting that was done in the two years that Saban was here. Ronnie Brown, Channing Crowder, Matt Roth, Travis Daniels, Kevin Vickerson, Jason Allen, Derek Hagan, Rodrique Wright ..... 8 players in two drafts that are starters or legit contenders behind veterans... Thats very very solid. By next year they might all be starters..

Little Nicky has a keen eye for highschool & college talent. As a pro evaluator, he really sucks!

I see Booker going to the Titans for a 6th (potential 5th)
As for Saban's drafting, i couldnt agree more. The guy was a great evaluator of talent (Although i wouldnt put J. Allen in any positive lists just yet)

If we're to trade Marty Booker... Where would be a good home for him? Buffalo (dont like trading within the division), Houston, Cleveland, Dallas, Tampa Bay, and maybe Oakland.... ? I'm not really sure that I see too many teams giving up much for him and he could be more valuable on our roster. I think it would be great to get something for him and get Hagan into the #2 spot, but if all we're going to get is a 6th round pick, I'd rather keep him..

How bout we get a 6th round pick for chambers? I'm sorry to all the chamber supporters but I hated his production last year! 39% comp. All year! Hummmm......6th round maybe 5th if we lucky!

Why does everyone want to get rid of Marty? The guy is nothing but solid. It seems like he's been the red-headed stepchild among fans since day one. I know he's not overly fast, not very flashy, but the guy catches the ones he supposed to and about half of the ones he ain't.

Why does everyone want to get rid of Marty? The guy is nothing but solid. It seems like he's been the red-headed stepchild among fans since day one. I know he's not overly fast, not very flashy, but the guy catches the ones he supposed to and about half of the ones he ain't.

Because he has 1 position at WR. Cameron's emphasis has been getting Chambers, Hagan, Ginn playing multiple spots. It's also been the 2nd straight camp that Booker has been invisible. He's also been on the trading block for months now. Just no one has taken a bite yet.

i think this team really needs booker as that possesion guy. i now he hasnt caught a 100 balls in a few seasons but look at his qb's which that is always a exscuse but green will be able to get him the ball if our o-line allows that and he will have a big season for us. i also belive hagan needs another year and ginn needs time to learn stuff about the pro game. we need booker i really dont see us getting rid of him even though there is a lot of talk abouy it.

Lets keep Booker, he was solid last year.
The thing is he's not getting any younger.

And yeah Berard was hot for Sutton in his camp report, he sounds good.

Because he has 1 position at WR. Cameron's emphasis has been getting Chambers, Hagan, Ginn playing multiple spots. It's also been the 2nd straight camp that Booker has been invisible. He's also been on the trading block for months now. Just no one has taken a bite yet.

I don't think Marty has been invisible. Cam even mentioned him by name (along with Chambers) in Fridays PC as having shown improvement as a reciever in this mini-camp.

1. Booker does something for our team that only Welker could do and that is reliably catch the ball. 2. Why is it so important to amass low round picks?

I see Booker going to the Titans for a 6th (potential 5th)
As for Saban's drafting, i couldnt agree more. The guy was a great evaluator of talent (Although i wouldnt put J. Allen in any positive lists just yet)

Titans could really use him. A 6th sounds about right for Booker. How old is booker?

If we're to trade Marty Booker... Where would be a good home for him? Buffalo (dont like trading within the division), Houston, Cleveland, Dallas, Tampa Bay, and maybe Oakland.... ? I'm not really sure that I see too many teams giving up much for him and he could be more valuable on our roster. I think it would be great to get something for him and get Hagan into the #2 spot, but if all we're going to get is a 6th round pick, I'd rather keep him.

David Sutton seems really impressive (although its early and we haven't even put pads on). He looks like a big reliable end zone target. Whats the chance that we get him to bulk about about 20lbs and convert him into a tight end?

Lastly, even though we're all supposed to hate him... I really have to tip my hat to the scouting and drafting that was done in the two years that Saban was here. Ronnie Brown, Channing Crowder, Matt Roth, Travis Daniels, Kevin Vickerson, Jason Allen, Derek Hagan, Rodrique Wright ..... 8 players in two drafts that are starters or legit contenders behind veterans... Thats very very solid. By next year they might all be starters..

As to the scouting, I'll give you Brown and Crowder. Roth looks like a keeper as does Daniels despite his subpar 2006 season. Allen is coming off a poor year, Hagan might be up and coming but he still drops a lot of passes, Vickerson, Wright and Evans have done enough for us to go out and draft another DT. Is Hadnot Sabans, I forget, but he could be replaced by one of the rooks from this year in a short time, not that he's bad, but he's not great. Manny Wright is gone, Toledo and Alabi can't get/stay healthy. I don't see this as a 'great' drafting...Better than the Wanny drafts, certainly...great or even very good...not yet...not until we see Hagan, Allen, Daniels, and Wright more mainstays of this team...

Back
Top Bottom